Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla software update bricked my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. If it was really bricked then you need it towed to a service center. Contact Tesla roadside assistance.
2. There has never been a "mandatory update". Some cars has never gotten a update since like 2019.
3. If your car goes in to service via a tow, it usually doesn't take days to have them look at your car.
Actually, it would have been over week that they scheduled to have my car towed. And I did call road side assistance again and pleaded to have my car towed sooner. Thankfully, he was sympathetic and was able to change it . Once in Tesla service center it was quickly fixed (software update? who knows. ) as far as a mandatory update, there was a modal window on the vehicle screen. It told me I could have install now or the countdown tonight. I saw no way to back out of that. All other updates are from the phone app in which I do get to decide on whether I choose to install.

Actually, it would have been over week that they scheduled to have my car towed. And I did call road side assistance again and pleaded to have my car towed sooner. Thankfully, he was sympathetic and was able to change it . Once in Tesla service center it was quickly fixed (software update? who knows. ) as far as a mandatory update, there was a modal window on the vehicle screen. It told me I could have install now or the countdown tonight. I saw no way to back out of that. All other updates are from the phone app in which I do get to decide on whether I choose to install.
Just press the x in the corner to close the window.

Reactions: father_of_6
I have a '23 M3, which auto installs updates at 2:00am.
In the latest one, when I started up in the morning, the screen remained dark.
Shifts worked backing car out of garage, and then suddenly the screen came alive.
There was a 2-3 minute delay. Hadn't seen that before.
Any similar experiences?