Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrewHou Have you gotten your Model S back? If so. Have you gotten the FSD Beta 11.3 update yet?
Nope was updated today looks like another 4 more weeks. It’s killing me because I had been pretty much driving only on FSD beta and the Model 3 can’t get it due to being on 2023 software plus the recall. :-( it’s been a rough year 😂

Not having my car and FSD beta is worse than losing my job 😆

Nope was updated today looks like another 4 more weeks. It’s killing me because I had been pretty much driving only on FSD beta and the Model 3 can’t get it due to being on 2023 software plus the recall. :-( it’s been a rough year 😂

I was going to cancel the subscription last month. I like it. I’m always nervous when it takes a corner turn. So I mostly take over around the neighborhood. I only use it on the highway. So EAP is actually better for me. Then I heard about the major update. I haven’t got it yet. I’ll try it for a few weeks. Then maybe cancel then. Man that Sucks about your Model S repair.

Reactions: DrewHou
Weird lol I had full 48A charging without PTO, I would stay on top of that because I find most people at Tesla just say stuff to get you off the phone. All my problems they said would go away after PTO and didn’t happen. I think they like to use PTO as an excuse. Hopefully yours does correct itself!

I find most people at Tesla just say stuff to get you off the phone. - 100%. I dread reaching to Tesla for anything. They used to be great back in the day.

With the recent (early January) minor storm, both wife and I drove from my parents' place to home and had: rear diffuser bumper come off in Model Y and front-middle one in model 3. Tesla would not own it as design flaw. That is still OK. But I am waiting for more than 2 months now for parts on Model Y and the car is just sitting..... The cars and design are great, but the build on Model Ys is really bad (they cut some major corners on 2022 builds)

Yes, if you get a hang of FSD it is pretty great! It has taken me door to door at places without any intervention. However, I also had 1 or 2 close calls (phantom braking). Are you getting it fixed in Cypress body shop?

Reactions: Jones1
I was going to cancel the subscription last month. I like it. I’m always nervous when it takes a corner turn. So I mostly take over around the neighborhood. I only use it on the highway. So EAP is actually better for me. Then I heard about the major update. I haven’t got it yet. I’ll try it for a few weeks. Then maybe cancel then. Man that Sucks about your Model S repair.
I get scared when it won't slow down taking the ramp up on beltway 8, man that is solid 80-100 ft drop if the damn thing crashes and flies off ...
Here is what I did to make FSD usable on normal roads: turn off regen brakes (not possible in Y), keep the aggressive setting to medium (there is something called aggressive john mode), set max speed delta to 7. This really reduces the stress of driving in Houston. Ofcourse, all of this does not apply if you live in east houston. From someone coming from NJ, it still bugs me how the left lane is the slowest moving lane here...

Yes, if you get a hang of FSD it is pretty great! It has taken me door to door at places without any intervention. However, I also had 1 or 2 close calls (phantom braking). Are you getting it fixed in Cypress body shop?
Nope I wanted someone with a longer track record so I could see their work and also not deal with the “Tesla excuses” it’s at Eagle Collision down near Pasadena. I’ve seen their work and they are Tesla certified. You couldn’t pay me to take it to Tesla directly for this type of work 😂.

• Funny
I get scared when it won't slow down taking the ramp up on beltway 8, man that is solid 80-100 ft drop if the damn thing crashes and flies off ...
Here is what I did to make FSD usable on normal roads: turn off regen brakes (not possible in Y), keep the aggressive setting to medium (there is something called aggressive john mode), set max speed delta to 7. This really reduces the stress of driving in Houston. Ofcourse, all of this does not apply if you live in east houston. From someone coming from NJ, it still bugs me how the left lane is the slowest moving lane here...
I always kept mine in full aggressive mode with minimum follow distance and 10-15% over speed limit. Most of the time it’s great, occasionally it would do something wild though. Like try to turn where there’s no road, or randomly flooring it when turning into a parking lot.

Most of my time though is spent pressing the accelerator because it’s being to cautious and slow. First week I was a nervous wreck but after that I got to understand the way it was “thinking” and I was fine.

I was on the subscription too which is nice because I can cancel and not pay while it’s in the shop. I just hope it doesn’t get accidentally updated while it’s there back to non FSD and 2023 software. So far no updates been forced so crossing fingers because I want to resubscribe the day I get to pick it up so I can leave there with beta enabled again haha.

I have FSD Beta in Chill mode. I will try aggressive out today. On my way home.

Tesla Electric Update.
Current
A068AF19-D29F-464C-8F22-C0EC6F66759D.jpeg

Old
26BD8FB8-79F2-4533-8205-8551729C9DC0.jpeg

Reactions: DTXMME
😂 seriously Tesla! How can you bill someone but can’t provide a statement. Lemme go check their job listings again or maybe just email them and tell them they need me for a role they don’t know they need yet.
I actually don’t want to pay. So I’m good. 😂
I’ve paid only twice since 12/15/22. 😂 They having problems Bro. I’m good. 😂

• Funny
I actually don’t want to pay. So I’m good. 😂
I’ve paid only twice since 12/15/22. 😂 They having problems Bro. I’m good. 😂
🤣 that sounds like me and the City of Houston. I can’t get them to send me a water bill for the life of me. I spoke with 5 different managers to get them to send me a water bill, sent a letter in the mail, sent emails. Still they can’t send me a water bill so I decided well I gave it my best shot I can’t do this every month and now I guess I just have free water lol.

• Funny