Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They charged me 9k for one PW and 3500 to install it…thinking if I want to get another one cuz grid charging at night for free is a sweet deal
Also. Will they be updating the PW. Like they did with The Vehicles and HW4. So maybe now they can produce PW and reduce stock. To roll out the new updated PW. With better specs. I’ll keep my eye on it. I saw Tesla had two new energy products at investor day. I want Biderctional charging. Even if Elon doesn’t. 😆

Reactions: DrewHou
I had to google it. To make sure I or We could get another Tax credit. We can. Lol
1B807B67-BEC9-4559-9F55-2F03CCD40C9B.jpeg

Also. Will they be updating the PW. Like they did with The Vehicles and HW4. So maybe now they can produce PW and reduce stock. To roll out the new updated PW. With better specs. I’ll keep my eye on it. I saw Tesla had two new energy products at investor day. I want Biderctional charging. Even if Elon doesn’t. 😆
Agreed on bidirectional charging. I think it make sense if it’s only available with powerwall installs and maybe limited to so much of a percent in maybe limited circumstances. Like hurricanes, storms and such. I think the real hold up is when it comes to battery warranties on the cars. How do you regulate that part if someone is using their car as backup everyday.

Reactions: Jones1
Can’t sleep so I am reorganizing my “smarthome” Home Screen page on my phone and finally found a UV widget that I like and pulls from Apple weather which I find to be the most accurate UV prediction that lines up with my solar production. I am pretty happy with it, however I would like it more if instead of hourly it showed like a 7 day.
IMG_2012.png

Got my first bill with justenergy. They did not give me any credit for solar buyback. I think I may actually be positive with my production last month. Should I call or will I get flagged?

Attachments

• 1310539D-3E12-4DFC-ACD2-6D2B77BED7DF.jpeg
    1310539D-3E12-4DFC-ACD2-6D2B77BED7DF.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 32
Got my first bill with justenergy. They did not give me any credit for solar buyback. I think I may actually be positive with my production last month. Should I call or will I get flagged?
Usually, takes a bill cycle or two (according to Amigo Energy). But it doesn't hurt to call, I called and they were waiting on a document from me which I never knew they needed.

Reactions: DTXMME
Can’t sleep so I am reorganizing my “smarthome” Home Screen page on my phone and finally found a UV widget that I like and pulls from Apple weather which I find to be the most accurate UV prediction that lines up with my solar production. I am pretty happy with it, however I would like it more if instead of hourly it showed like a 7 day. View attachment 916329
I had searched for a UV index widget. Since I couldn’t set the apple weather widget to stay on daily UV index. I found one that said it showed daily. But it was a premium subscription fee. I think it was called Sunbeam or Suncreen. I forgot how much it was. It wasn’t worth the sub fee for me. Lol

Update: ChargeHQ is working great. Only issue is you can only use for 1 car with 1 system at a time, other than that it was nicely capturing excess solar production.
I love Charge HQ. I would of thought Tesla would implement it in its software when a customer has a Tesla Vehicle and a Powerwall. I set a few schedules and let it do it’s thing.

IMG_2028.png

Sunny day out, high UV index and even after rebooting everything I am still getting near nothing. Now I see why everyone told me don’t get Tesla solar through Tesla. I’ve been waiting weeks to get a response from Tier 2 support on the other issues and now my solar is screwed up. SMH I get more solar than this in the middle of a rainstorm 😂

• Informative
View attachment 916825
Sunny day out, high UV index and even after rebooting everything I am still getting near nothing. Now I see why everyone told me don’t get Tesla solar through Tesla. I’ve been waiting weeks to get a response from Tier 2 support on the other issues and now my solar is screwed up. SMH I get more solar than this in the middle of a rainstorm 😂
Wow.

Thank you for sharing. I was thinking something was wrong but was also thinking the sky looked a little hazy and maybe it was just a weird day for solar. Knowing you are basically right down the road from me let’s me know there definitely is an issue somewhere. I would be expecting to see 5kw or so by now not less than 1kw. 😂 I think I’m going to try one more reset of everything since I can’t talk to Tesla until tomorrow.

Second reboot seemed to fix things. I am now producing at 4.8kw which is roughly where I would expect to be. Seems as if maybe one of the inverters was not working but the other one was. Between this issue, the powerwalls getting “overloaded” at 800 watts and the voltage issues that Centerpoint says is an issue with Tesla equipment I’m not sure what step to take next since Tesla doesn’t reach back out and always tell me it’s an issue but then closes out the ticket without fixing it. I now see why people always go with other solar companies and add a powerwall through them so they have actual support. I definitely wouldn’t order through Tesla again but it’s not like I wasn’t warned about this haha 😂

Tesla Electric
4pm-7pm peak time.
I’m wonder how this 4-7 pm Peak rate will work for me. Now that time has shifted. I should be pulling in production an hour later. Instead of 5:45-6pm. I should pull in production past 6:30 pm. I wonder if I will make more credit back by selling to the grid. Later in the day. 🤔 Hopefully I do.

Tesla Electric
4pm-7pm peak time.
I’m wonder how this 4-7 pm Peak rate will work for me. Now that time has shifted. I should be pulling in production an hour later. Instead of 5:45-6pm. I should pull in production past 6:30 pm. I wonder if I will make more credit back by selling to the grid. Later in the day. 🤔 Hopefully I do.
That’s a good question. I would imagine it will get better as we get into summer more. The longer sunshine hours in mid summer you should be making a lot even well after 7 I bet. My biggest question about summer is how the extreme heat we get down here will impact production.

Second reboot seemed to fix things. I am now producing at 4.8kw which is roughly where I would expect to be. Seems as if maybe one of the inverters was not working but the other one was. Between this issue, the powerwalls getting “overloaded” at 800 watts and the voltage issues that Centerpoint says is an issue with Tesla equipment I’m not sure what step to take next since Tesla doesn’t reach back out and always tell me it’s an issue but then closes out the ticket without fixing it. I now see why people always go with other solar companies and add a powerwall through them so they have actual support. I definitely wouldn’t order through Tesla again but it’s not like I wasn’t warned about this haha 😂
I’m hearing from Coworkers that the other Non Tesla Solar companies have worse customer service and longer downtime. I think poor service is a wide spread problem with Solar. They come and sell you the system. After that it’s hit or miss with install and repair. My next door neighbor is still waiting for install. He is using a company that I got an estimate from. That was 60-70% higher than Tesla. He isn’t getting a backup battery with his system. I told him that would be a mistake. He has been waiting since September - October 2022. Just for Panels. The company he is using. Is Called Freedom Solar Power. They are a Sunrun back company. Nice people. The rep I talked to. Gave me a lot of info on Solar and PW. But the price was too high. It’s a lot of people getting Solar now. Well the Smart people. 😆. So I know they are backed up with installs.