Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PTO application got rejected. Also indicated I am exporting which does not make sense, since the PTO is turned off. But when I checked in the app it shows I export to grid 0.1-0.2KW (extreme minor) everyday. They should be thankful for the minor export for free :) View attachment 957050
PTO received. Actually the same day. It seems TESLA is in rush to collect money for the install. Requested pay off amount but it will take 2 weeks.
They activated PTO on Tesla app and the system already started exporting even though I am not signed up with any export plan. Any one getting cash for excess solar production? on reliant free nights plan right now. need to change the plan.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
PTO received. Actually the same day. It seems TESLA is in rush to collect money for the install. Requested pay off amount but it will take 2 weeks.
They activated PTO on Tesla app and the system already started exporting even though I am not signed up with any export plan. Any one getting cash for excess solar production? on reliant free nights plan right now. need to change the plan.
I like Tesla Electric so far. The good part is that you do not sign up for a plan that locks you in for several years. Most of the time, you only get a few cents a kWh, but this summer it has occasionally gone as high as $5.00. Last week it was $0.50 for one day. My most recent bill was $0 with a $40 credit since my bill was technically -$40. I think you sign up with the Tesla app. I was in the beta last December, so I didn’t use the app to sign up.

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and GWord
Can you share your PTO timeline? I got rejected as well (plan should show 400amp service and system is exporting).
I have to go off grid by noon to prevent exporting. I am on Reliant free night plan.
I have msg Tesla to resubmit the plan to CEP but they said it is with the design team and waiting in queue. What a **** show.
I have my system installed last December.

I like Tesla Electric so far. The good part is that you do not sign up for a plan that locks you in for several years. Most of the time, you only get a few cents a kWh, but this summer it has occasionally gone as high as $5.00. Last week it was $0.50 for one day. My most recent bill was $0 with a $40 credit since my bill was technically -$40. I think you sign up with the Tesla app. I was in the beta last December, so I didn’t use the app to sign up.
I used 3000 kwh last month from grid and 98% is during free night. During the day I use solar and battery.
My bill is $19 and I aim to get it lower this month.

I used 3000 kwh last month from grid and 98% is during free night. During the day I use solar and battery.
My bill is $19 and I aim to get it lower this month.
My last 4 bills have been $5.11, $1.75, $0.48, and now -$41.58. I've got a spreadsheet to check costs with multiple plans and so far, Tesla Electric is still winning. I thought about a free nights plan, but since I'm retired, I can charge my car during the day with the excess solar, so charging at night for free wouldn't really help me. Before the heat wave, I barely used any power at night but now the A/C runs all night long. I also used 3000 kWh last month.

Can you share your PTO timeline? I got rejected as well (plan should show 400amp service and system is exporting).
I have to go off grid by noon to prevent exporting. I am on Reliant free night plan.
I have msg Tesla to resubmit the plan to CEP but they said it is with the design team and waiting in queue. What a **** show.
I have my system installed last December.
I got it installed in March. and the timeline for PTO was literally 1 day (earlier this week). They got rejected twice and got approved on the same day.

Reliant Night's Free should allow for some solar buyback at around 3c/kWh. Need to call them and ask them to add you to their buyback program. Then you need to send a copy of the CEP interconnection agreement. It won't net you much but no rush to switch plans. Honestly depends on your usage what works best. If you can charge the EV's from solar and you export enough then maybe that pays back more and works better. However, not many good buyback options here in Texas. The best so far seems Tesla Electric when you have 2 or more Powerwalls and don't have an EV (go figure).

I haven’t been getting nice Solar arch graphs in a while. This is the best one I’ve had in the last couple of months.

How has your arch or Solar wave pattern been?
Should I clean my panels?
I haven’t since install.

Yes. My two coworkers. They don’t have an EV to charge. They love it. My bill is lower now than it was during the winter. Now that they lowered the per kWh charge and increased the sell back rates. As the grid gets thirsty. The highest I’ve seen is $5 or so. But now I see a lot of $1, .80, .20 per kWh. For buy back.
I believe I would have never got a bill and would have a credit. If I didn’t charge my Tesla at night.

Tesla Texas VPP update.
So my two coworkers that are in the VPP pilot program with me. Have received emails. Saying welcome to Tesla VPP. They both used a non Tesla Solar company. I had Tesla install my system. They have the older PW’s because of the micro inverters are not compatible with PW3 or PW+. I haven’t received an email. So I emailed Tesla Electric VPP. I was told the Powerwall 1 & PW2 software is working well with the VPP. But since I have a PW plus or PW3. They are having software issues. They told me. They should have it fixed by September. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: wiltoking
I haven’t been getting nice Solar arch graphs in a while. This is the best one I’ve had in the last couple of months.

How has your arch or Solar wave pattern been?
Should I clean my panels?
I haven’t since install.
Don’t see an attachment... For me mornings have been cloudy so usually not a smooth curve until 3pm. Still, July has been worse overall than June for solar production.

Reactions: Jones1
Yes. My two coworkers. They don’t have an EV to charge. They love it. My bill is lower now than it was during the winter. Now that they lowered the per kWh charge and increased the sell back rates. As the grid gets thirsty. The highest I’ve seen is $5 or so. But now I see a lot of $1, .80, .20 per kWh. For buy back.
I believe I would have never got a bill and would have a credit. If I didn’t charge my Tesla at night.

Tesla Texas VPP update.
So my two coworkers that are in the VPP pilot program with me. Have received emails. Saying welcome to Tesla VPP. They both used a non Tesla Solar company. I had Tesla install my system. They have the older PW’s because of the micro inverters are not compatible with PW3 or PW+. I haven’t received an email. So I emailed Tesla Electric VPP. I was told the Powerwall 1 & PW2 software is working well with the VPP. But since I have a PW plus or PW3. They are having software issues. They told me. They should have it fixed by September. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I got an email about the VPP that said the same. Since I have a PW+, it will be a couple of months before they work out the software issues. I did get my $40 credit. Now, what to spend it on . . .

What will be the payment incentive for the VPP I wonder? I have not actually heard. All I was offered was the initial $40 gift to be in the test group.

Reactions: Jones1
Don’t see an attachment... For me mornings have been cloudy so usually not a smooth curve until 3pm. Still, July has been worse overall than June for solar production.
1690083168566.png

Reactions: wiltoking
I got an email about the VPP that said the same. Since I have a PW+, it will be a couple of months before they work out the software issues. I did get my $40 credit. Now, what to spend it on . . .

What will be the payment incentive for the VPP I wonder? I have not actually heard. All I was offered was the initial $40 gift to be in the test group.
It’s $10 per month in bill credit. My coworker sent me a screenshot today. Plus the pay per kWh I believe.
My wife was more upset then me. 😆
She said. How could they let the older PW’s in first before the newer PW’s. When it was Tesla Solar that installed our system. 😆
I told her. This is the Tesla Way. 😂
1690083342338.png

Reliant Night's Free should allow for some solar buyback at around 3c/kWh. Need to call them and ask them to add you to their buyback program. Then you need to send a copy of the CEP interconnection agreement. It won't net you much but no rush to switch plans. Honestly depends on your usage what works best. If you can charge the EV's from solar and you export enough then maybe that pays back more and works better. However, not many good buyback options here in Texas. The best so far seems Tesla Electric when you have 2 or more Powerwalls and don't have an EV (go figure).
Is this a different plan you need to change to? Do you have any link on info on the buyback component for the Free night plan?

Is this a different plan you need to change to? Do you have any link on info on the buyback component for the Free night plan?
The Reliant Energy Nights Free ETF mentions under "Does REP purchase excess distributed renewable generation?":

Yes; customers interested in participating in Reliant's distributed renewable generation buy-back program will need to sign up for a Reliant renewable energy Payback product.

For me with Amigo Energy, it meant calling them up and asking specifically for them to send me a "Distributed Renewal Generation" Buyback Agreement. Filled it out and all got set up in a month or so. The process should be the same with Reliant.

Reactions: EL0NTRK