Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t hit 70 today. But this is the best Solar Arch I’ve had in months. Beautiful day.
1692233661979.png

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou
I didn’t hit 70 today. But this is the best Solar Arch I’ve had in months. Beautiful day.

Beautiful!!! I was excited to have a good arch today but my Tesla system decided it wanted to think there was a grid outage and shutoff my solar with my powerwalls at 100%. It kept thinking there was an outage (when there wasn’t) for many hours and finally I just had to reset the entire system to get it to see the grid again. So my arch was destroyed… hahaha 😂 oh well honestly though I would love to have a bad solar day just to get some rain to wash them off a bit since it’s been forever.🤞

I just got PTO today. What's a journey with Centerpoint and try to throttle my big system during the day so it does not back feed to the grid and ruin the PTO process.
I'm with Reliant free night and it's been working fine. The last 2 months have been $19 and $14 bills respectively but I want to move to another plan to allow buy back.
I'm thinking Amigo energy. Anyone know the cons/pros of Amigo and Just Energy?
Damn you have 42KW system. Don't tell you are the guy in Great Oaks with Solar roof... same as you I am with Reliant Energy, will switch to Just Energy....need those credits....

@DrewHou
Can you share screenshot oh how you set up your plan in the app?
I found a hack to set the plan to have buy price to $0. Basically, break your off peak into two separate times, 7:00 pm to 12:00 am and 12:00 am to 6:00 am. This will let you put $0 as buy price. Then, you can go again and extend the off peak to 6 am. Just buy pure chance and luck I got that....I struggled a lot to get buy price to $0 during off peak. However, despite doing this, one of my two systems only charges powerwall to 70% (since this system starts generating early in the day). the other one works just fine charging to 100% at night.

I think see that and the timing it hits at further shows me I would not be a good candidate for Tesla Electric. My system just isn’t big enough to work out in my favor. I’m using all my solar and a substantial amount of my powerwalls during the best selling time 😂 View attachment 965935
Yes. This is best for a larger system. That has spare to share. Or a larger system with 3-4 PW’s. I have two coworkers with 2 PW’s. No EV’s. They have a credit. So I plan on adding an EV. CyberTruck. I also know I will add 2 to 3 PW3’s. If Tesla opens up the unlimited charging. Then it will be profitable to all of us Now.

Yes. This is best for a larger system. That has spare to share. Or a larger system with 3-4 PW’s. I have two coworkers with 2 PW’s. No EV’s. They have a credit. So I plan on adding an EV. CyberTruck. I also know I will add 2 to 3 PW3’s. If Tesla opens up the unlimited charging. Then it will be profitable to all of us Now.

Just had family visiting this week and they rented a Tesla from Hertz. Since it was a Standard Range and they were doing a lot of shopping it was always drained to less than 50% every day

Let me tell you, charging two Teslas from one Mobile Connector was harsh. As soon as night free started at 9pm I’d plug theirs in, then if I woke at night I’d walk to the garage and switch it to mine, which had scheduled departure enabled and would start charging on its own. No way any of this would make sense on Tesla Electric, Nights Free is a must. Even then, with the heat the UMC would overheat and throttle charging. You are going to need separate charges for each EV and hope your panel can handle it lol Also, the amount of solar needed to make this back during the day would be insane… 42kW perhaps :p

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Just had family visiting this week and they rented a Tesla from Hertz. Since it was a Standard Range and they were doing a lot of shopping it was always drained to less than 50% every day

Let me tell you, charging two Teslas from one Mobile Connector was harsh. As soon as night free started at 9pm I’d plug theirs in, then if I woke at night I’d walk to the garage and switch it to mine, which had scheduled departure enabled and would start charging on its own. No way any of this would make sense on Tesla Electric, Nights Free is a must. Even then, with the heat the UMC would overheat and throttle charging. You are going to need separate charges for each EV and hope your panel can handle it lol Also, the amount of solar needed to make this back during the day would be insane… 42kW perhaps :p
I concur. Having the base M3 and the MS and one wall connector is not as bad though. I switch off every other night with charging but thinking about adding a second wall connector on the other side of the garage for convenience.

The solar system I have would barely support my usage of just one of my cars much less 2 cars + House. That’s why I tried to find the absolute longest contract on free nights as I could. Since I’m 100% convinced they will shut this down as more ppl get solar. Just my opinion tho I have no insider info into energy plans 😂 just a hunch from a customer that’s getting free power.

Next house will be built with all this knowledge ahead of time not after… and with a solar roof lol

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1

I have a 60 amp breaker. Ready to install. 😆
I’m was waiting to see if a new Tesla Wall charger would come out. I like buying the new. Not the current. Since they haven’t released a bidirectional model. I know I will have to purchase a wall connector soon. 😆

• Love
This is my second home. I have it laid out like we wanted. I haven’t installed an added on to it yet. Just Solar and PW. But I will. Waiting to see how the market moves. When interest rates drop back down. I plan to add more PW’s and I want some off grid Solar on a backyard storage shed. I like to tinker. But I also realize. We are the Early adopters. In the future. In about 5-10 years. Building a home in Texas without Solar and Battery storage. Will not be an option for anyone Smart. 😆

Yeah, wife getting an EV next year so I’ve been thinking what the most cost effective solution would be. They sell some switches for 14-50 outlets that can load share from one plug automatically or scheduled. Cost just as much as adding another charger though so might upgrade to the new Wall Connector Gen 3 and charge one car every other day. Wife won’t drive much and will stay at home more so if CoS works for her it might be the ideal solution.

My panel is basically full but if I switch a few of the 15a breakers to tandem mini breakers I can open up some space for another 60a breaker. That would be 120a dedicated to EV charging at night on a 150a panel/service lol might be pushing it

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Yeah, wife getting an EV next year so I’ve been thinking what the most cost effective solution would be. They sell some switches for 14-50 outlets that can load share from one plug automatically or scheduled. Cost just as much as adding another charger though so might upgrade to the new Wall Connector Gen 3 and charge one car every other day. Wife won’t drive much and will stay at home more so if CoS works for her it might be the ideal solution.

My panel is basically full but if I switch a few of the 15a breakers to tandem mini breakers I can open up some space for another 60a breaker. That would be 120a dedicated to EV charging at night on a 150a panel/service lol might be pushing it
My wife works 3/12’s Medical Center. So she is home most days. There is a duel charger called
Grizzl-E Duo Level 2 Plug in EV Charger, up to 40 Amp, Two 24 feet Premium Cables (14-50 Plug) Amazon.com

I’m currently using a 14-50 for my MYP. I’m just going to pull the trigger and get the TWC soon. Then also get the new Wall connector when it comes out later. My wife drives a Toyota hybrid. So she gets gas every two weeks. She wasn’t sold in an EV. Until she realized. I never have to get gas. Now she is fully on board. 😆 So the CyberTruck will be for me and she will get my MYP. We plan to keep the hybrid to let my oldest son drive. When he is ready. I have enough room to put 2 add 2 more 60 amp breaker’s.

My wife works 3/12’s Medical Center. So she is home most days. There is a duel charger called
Grizzl-E Duo Level 2 Plug in EV Charger, up to 40 Amp, Two 24 feet Premium Cables (14-50 Plug) Amazon.com

I’m currently using a 14-50 for my MYP. I’m just going to pull the trigger and get the TWC soon. Then also get the new Wall connector when it comes out later. My wife drives a Toyota hybrid. So she gets gas every two weeks. She wasn’t sold in an EV. Until she realized. I never have to get gas. Now she is fully on board. 😆 So the CyberTruck will be for me and she will get my MYP. We plan to keep the hybrid to let my oldest son drive. When he is ready. I have enough room to put 2 add 2 more 60 amp breaker’s.
I was looking at something like NeoCharge Smart Splitter for Level 2 Electric Vehicle Amazon.com since we have one Mobile Connector and hers should come with a charger too. MY doesn't make sense for how little use she‘d put into it and the phantom breaking on my M3 made her not trust Teslas hehe

You must have a 400a service for that much capacity! 😳