Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will not turn my Sprinklers off and drain valves. Once a year is enough. Lol

1707776560682.png

Reactions: Skavatar
Update on my powerwall expansion order. Just got this today as a new design and the price has went up substantially. Including 3 grand just for a concrete pad. I chatted in and asked why things increased by over 5 grand and they said this is the only way they can do the install. They have yet to file any permits and said to expect a June or July install if I continue. 3 grand for a little concrete pad seems insane I had an entire back patio poured for around that cost! Anyone have any thoughts?? I am debating on canceling the project.
IMG_0402.png

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1
Update on my powerwall expansion order. Just got this today as a new design and the price has went up substantially. Including 3 grand just for a concrete pad. I chatted in and asked why things increased by over 5 grand and they said this is the only way they can do the install. They have yet to file any permits and said to expect a June or July install if I continue. 3 grand for a little concrete pad seems insane I had an entire back patio poured for around that cost! Anyone have any thoughts?? I am debating on canceling the project. View attachment 1017945
Is there any way they can put them in your garage?

Reactions: DrewHou
Is there any other can put them in your garage?
Nope this whole run around is because they claim they will no longer install inside the garage. I argued that I knew a lot of people still getting them installed inside garages but they refuse to listen. Then the HOA declined to let them install them in the front of the house (of course) so now they want to add a second trench and rip out all of my landscaping to do it. I just don’t think it’s worth the fight with them anymore.

Reactions: Skavatar
Nope this whole run around is because they claim they will no longer install inside the garage. I argued that I knew a lot of people still getting them installed inside garages but they refuse to listen. Then the HOA declined to let them install them in the front of the house (of course) so now they want to add a second trench and rip out all of my landscaping to do it. I just don’t think it’s worth the fight with them anymore.
Damn. Yes definitely not True. They installed my PW2’s in my garage. Send them my pictures. Showing they still install in garage. They did tell me the PW’s run better outside. Due to ventilation.

IMG_3113.jpeg

Ok so powerwall install update. I fought back on Tesla and got it escalated.

According to Tesla: Starting Jan 1, 2024 people in the city limits of Houston are not allowed to install inside the garage in accordance to the latest NFPA requirements.

I was told today there is only one place to put them which would basically be on the side of my house near the front but my neighbors home sits further back and I don’t want that as their line of sight out the front of their home, and I know the HOA won’t allow it.

So I suggested one other place but looks like my expansion is not going to happen in this home ever. So dumb…

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1
Ok so powerwall install update. I fought back on Tesla and got it escalated.

According to Tesla: Starting Jan 1, 2024 people in the city limits of Houston are not allowed to install inside the garage in accordance to the latest NFPA requirements.

I was told today there is only one place to put them which would basically be on the side of my house near the front but my neighbors home sits further back and I don’t want that as their line of sight out the front of their home, and I know the HOA won’t allow it.

So I suggested one other place but looks like my expansion is not going to happen in this home ever. So dumb…
I probably stay 10 minutes from your house. But different laws. Different limits. Yes So Dumb Bro. Sorry to hear.

Yep there are perks and disadvantages to being in the city limits but this one real sucks.

This is the perfect example of buy more powerwalls when you first install than you THINK you want 😂 oh well it was definitely a want more than a need.
Yes. So true. I held out to save money and PW3. Never buy your system. Thinking it can be upgraded. You never know what might change in the near future. Buy what you can afford. Be ready for Tesla or any OEM to say it’s obsolete.

How many kWh’s are you using weekly to charge 2 Tesla’s or more. For anyone to answer. I’m a one EV’er planning out the future. Slowly. Just got a Tesls wall connector. I will install it this weekend. Soon as the flex emt and box come in.
@DrewHou
I work fully remote so it fluctuates but on average I’m using about 300-500 kWh a month in EV charging for 2 cars. M3 we put about 13k miles a year on and MS about 6k miles a year for some reference. I will say I wish I would have had them install two wall connectors instead of one though. That’s the next thing to add.

I work fully remote so it fluctuates but on average I’m using about 300-500 kWh a month in EV charging for 2 cars. M3 we put about 13k miles a year on and MS about 6k miles a year for some reference. I will say I wish I would have had them install two wall connectors instead of one though. That’s the next thing to add.
Thanks for the info.
I have a MYP and a CT on order. I have my wife’s Hybrid. That my son will be driving soon. I plan to have 3 or 4 EV’s in the next 3-7 years. 4 members in the family. Aging fast. **** Ice. I’m done. My garage smells clean. 😆 So I have a nema 14-50 and a splitter. With speeds of 9kWh to 7kWh for mobile. I work late some nights. On call so I would like to charge the fastest. I can. So I purchased a TWC.

Reactions: DrewHou
You can try TE and cancel. No fee.
if you can’t charge your Tesla during solar production times. Then you may want to go free nights. Charging my MYP. Cost more than running my HVAC.
Just Energy
Referral Code :
16A3166
You get $100 credit. I get a $100 credit.
Hi Jones, you just switched from TE. How is Just Energy working out so far? are you selling energy? I know Drew has been with them for a while....

hello all, up for electric plan renewal. Let me know if anyone has referral code. Reliant doesn't want to renew my current free nights plan. i can sign up again with them but have to pay 150 as new customer. Just Energy?? or any other company with free nights is fine...
Referral Code :
16A3166
Just Energy

Reactions: njphilhou
Hi Jones, you just switched from TE. How is Just Energy working out so far? are you selling energy? I know Drew has been with them for a while....
Just Energy is working out Great. I have a $50 credit. I believe. They only thing I don’t like. Is that you can’t cash out the credits.