Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also off topic but man my Model S has the worst luck EVER! I come out of Home Depot and what do I see a hole in my side skirt of my car.

Does anyone even know what this part is called on a Tesla? Going to see if I can’t fix this one myself haha.
IMG_0447.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1
Also off topic but man my Model S has the worst luck EVER! I come out of Home Depot and what do I see a hole in my side skirt of my car.

Does anyone even know what this part is called on a Tesla? Going to see if I can’t fix this one myself haha. View attachment 1019118
At first I thought it was a shopping cart that hit your car. Happened to my truck at a Home Depot. They paid to fix it. It was on camera.
Lower body trim. Maybe you can do something like this.

Reactions: DrewHou
At first I thought it was a shopping cart that hit your car. Happened to my truck at a Home Depot. They paid to fix it. It was on camera.
Lower body trim. Maybe you can do something like this.

Yeah sentry mode didn’t catch anything. There was one of those flat bed carts nearby loose and if I had to guess that did it but I have no way of knowing. I like the bondo idea and then wrapping it though.

I keep saying I am going to trade this S in for a Y performance and things like this keep pushing me closer to do it everyday 😂

• Funny
I had to go inside talk to the manager. The kid that was suppose to pick up the carts was on his lunch break too long they said. I went ape *sugar*. 😂 I had just got the truck. They finally cut me a $3000 check in about 3-4 weeks.
It was actually two basket hits in two different areas of my Truck. The door and body panel.

I had to go inside talk to the manager. The kid that was suppose to pick up the carts was on his lunch break too long they said. $3000 check in about 3-4 weeks.
Maybe I will go back and see about it then. Because my camera at home shows I left in one piece and I FSDb the whole way and I would have felt hitting something that would have done that especially being on FSDb I am always watching closely 😂

• Funny

Does anyone even know what this part is called on a Tesla? Going to see if I can’t fix this one myself haha. View attachment 1019118

Yes, I've looked up that piece for my previous 2016.5 Model S, if we're looking at the piece below the doors, that runs from wheel to wheel. Is that the right side, front wheel we're looking at? I only looked it up because I thought I'd cracked/split mine near the rear wheel swiping a curb - until a Tesla mobile service guy pointed out that there's a separate rounded piece there. So FYI, the entire piece from wheel-to-wheel is basically large painted plastic part, those tend to be pretty cheap to buy from Tesla - it's just getting it body-color painted that costs money, esp if you want to color-match exactly to your doors.

But I digress. When I looked it up in the Parts catalog more than a year ago, it was called

MOULDING-SILL OTR PNL RH 6005875-00-J

but now when I look it up, it's called

ROCKER COVER ASSEMBLY - RIGHT HAND 6005875-00-J

It's merely held in place by a number of screws, which you can see clearly if you go to the exploded parts diagram. One of the other parts you'll have to remove to access some screws is the bright sill plate, which is the flat shiny silver trim on top when you open the door. FYI that part is:

BRIGHT MOULDING, SILL RIGHT - PLASTIC 1025042-00-G

as well as removing the aforementioned rounded plastic piece (also body-color painted), near the rear wheel well:

FAIRING - WHEEL RR RH, MS2 1058758-00-A

The fairing piece aside from being screwed into the frame, had a few notches that mate with the larger sill moulding, and mine had gotten dislodged - I mostly managed to pop mine back into place, so didn't have to go through the trouble of removing or replacing any of my parts, but I'd assessed all three of these parts would be a fairly stragithforward DIY removal job, if you made sure to find all the screws per the exploded parts diagram.

Good luck with it!

EDIT: Or if that's the rear wheel, then the little lower piece is the fairing piece. Yours is easier to see it's two pieces, than on my black car.

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Anyone that has a Tesla Wall Connector.
How do you know it is connected to your account? I did the setup process. Then I got a notification that made me close the app accidentally.
I see it’s on my WiFi.
Is there anywhere in the app that will show you?
I have the wall connector image in my garage. But I had that with the mobile connector.

Yes, I've looked up that piece for my previous 2016.5 Model S, if we're looking at the piece below the doors, that runs from wheel to wheel. Is that the right side, front wheel we're looking at? I only looked it up because I thought I'd cracked/split mine near the rear wheel swiping a curb - until a Tesla mobile service guy pointed out that there's a separate rounded piece there. So FYI, the entire piece from wheel-to-wheel is basically large painted plastic part, those tend to be pretty cheap to buy from Tesla - it's just getting it body-color painted that costs money, esp if you want to color-match exactly to your doors.

But I digress. When I looked it up in the Parts catalog more than a year ago, it was called

It's merely held in place by a number of screws, which you can see clearly if you go to the exploded parts diagram. One of the other parts you'll have to remove to access some screws is the bright sill plate, which is the flat shiny silver trim on top when you open the door. FYI that part is:

as well as removing the aforementioned rounded plastic piece (also body-color painted), near the rear wheel well:

The fairing piece aside from being screwed into the frame, had a few notches that mate with the larger sill moulding, and mine had gotten dislodged - I mostly managed to pop mine back into place, so didn't have to go through the trouble of removing or replacing any of my parts, but I'd assessed all three of these parts would be a fairly stragithforward DIY removal job, if you made sure to find all the screws per the exploded parts diagram.

Good luck with it!

EDIT: Or if that's the rear wheel, then the little lower piece is the fairing piece. Yours is easier to see it's two pieces, than on my black car.
Very useful info I’m going to look into this weekend!

Anyone that has a Tesla Wall Connector.
How do you know it is connected to your account? I did the setup process. Then I got a notification that made me close the app accidentally.
I see it’s on my WiFi.
Is there anywhere in the app that will show you?
I have the wall connector image in my garage. But I had that with the mobile connector.
Yeah if you go to the solar settings then WiFi it should show powerwall and wall connector there. Otherwise it doesn’t show up much… oh or you can look under “my home info” in settings and should show there.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.png
    IMG_0452.png
    681.4 KB · Views: 10
Yeah if you go to the solar settings then WiFi it should show powerwall and wall connector there. Otherwise it doesn’t show up much… oh or you can look under “my home info” in settings and should show there.
Thanks. It’s not there. I’ll have to do it again. Only my Powerwall gateway and one inverter shows there. I need to add a couple things. Thanks

Yeah I like JE sometimes the billing doesn’t make sense as we’ve discussed on this forum before but it always shakes out to be in my favor haha. Like @Jones1 said it sucks you can not cash out but I look at my credit as insurance if my powerwalls go down and Tesla takes forever to get out here. 😂
Hey Drew, thank you. It's been a while. hope your model S was fixed. it seems it got a strike again....

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
If anyone is considering adding a Tesla Wall Connector.
Cost
It was a $150 for the material and $300 for the Used but New EBay Tesla Wall Connector 24ft Gen3
$450 total

If I would have purchased from Tesla and got a Professional Electrician to install it.
New the charger is $475
Install for electrician quote was $350
$450 vs $825

Good luck with it!

This is why I pay for the subscription to Tesla Motors Club. Great info. Only place to go for Tesla info. Other than Reddit. Hopefully they bring back the App. Notifications Suck.