Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Jones and you apply for selling during sign up (initial contract) or is there a separate (long) process for that. I want the selling to be ready by summer....
You have to contact Just Energy. Tell them you want to sell back. Then they will send you the documents. You will sign a couple of forms. I believe it’s the DRG letter and you have to send them your interconnection agreement.

You have to contact Just Energy. Tell them you want to sell back. Then they will send you the documents. You will sign a couple of forms. I believe it’s the DRG letter and you have to send them your interconnection agreement.
Agree with all of this. It was a simple process and by the time my first bill was generated I had credits.

yea feel your pain...Tesla had to replace drive unit for my Model Y as well last year when the car stayed with them for 3 months
Wow yeah on my very first drive after delivery I kept getting speed limited to 111mph then it would keep dropping until I would turn the car off and back on. Tesla kept telling me I must be setting a limit but finally I got them to schedule it to bring it in and they realized the front drive unit was junk. Meanwhile they put me in an old torn seats legacy model S with a broken door handle that I had to add a strap of electrical tape to in order to even open the front door while they figured it out. That was my first experience with Tesla service after buying the model S at its highest price 😂

Matter of fact here’s the legacy loaner drivers door electrical tape handle 😂 because the problem was the handle on the drivers door didn’t present but if you could pull on it it would open haha. Spent several weeks paying for a 120k car but driving this instead hahaha
IMG_1231.jpeg
Just found what it was a 2015 P85D lol as a loaner for a brand new days old customer of a 2022.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1
What happened to the Tesla update with plug in reminders. 😆
So I have a completely uneducated but hopeful opinion on my updates… my model 3 is on standard updates and no FSDb and it gets updates pretty fast and currently on 2024.2.3 however my S on FSDb on advanced updates hasn’t seen an update in a while and still on 2023.44.30.8 so I am hoping I’m not getting updates because FSDb 12 is about to hit and they holding me back. 😂 very very hopeful thought but I can dream 😂

Reactions: Jones1
I turned off Charge HQ for the weekend. I’m only using the Tesla app 9pm scheduled charging. With precondition departure for week day. Checking to see if the Tesla Scheduling has gotten any better. I remember it would charge at night. Then it would let the car drain battery percentage slowly. Even with sentry mode off. Phantom drain. When I used the schedule departure with charging. It would wait till two hours before I’m scheduled to leave. It wouldn’t be completely charged by then. 😆
1708270252820.png

Nice Day.
Yeah I had a great day however still down compared from last month by about 18%. I love that the span app gives me these stats but what I really wish either Span or Tesla would add would be a way to see these stats against the same time last year. Hopefully now that the API is available someone will build an app that can be smart with stats.
IMG_0476.jpeg

Reactions: Jones1
Also just checked and Tesla electric updated to show pretty much the entire year for me. Looks like not a single month would I have been free. So for my setup and usage patterns and 2 EVs.

1 year Just Energy free nights 100% green = ~$100 credit

1 year Tesla Energy = $1,053.73 (doesn’t include Jan)

This even accounts for the high payouts in August.

IMG_0477.png

Reactions: DTXMME and Jones1
Question for those with free nights + Powerwall + solar. I assume your battery pack is at 100% fairly often? Any concerns with that?
I've got a 15.2kW system + 4 PW. I am not on free nights plan currently. It's working out ok for me right now. Powerwalls are set to 50% reserve (usually). With decent sun, I can get the car charged during the day and recharge the batteries. During the night, I run off the battery. On consecutive cloudy days, I'll end up on grid for a bit (mostly because I keep my reserve pretty high. My plan is coming up for renewal in a month, be thinking about Just/Amigo free nights, but wondering about the battery at 100% often. Curious of everyone's thoughts or how you manage your charging patterns.

Reactions: DrewHou
Question for those with free nights + Powerwall + solar. I assume your battery pack is at 100% fairly often? Any concerns with that?
I've got a 15.2kW system + 4 PW. I am not on free nights plan currently. It's working out ok for me right now. Powerwalls are set to 50% reserve (usually). With decent sun, I can get the car charged during the day and recharge the batteries. During the night, I run off the battery. On consecutive cloudy days, I'll end up on grid for a bit (mostly because I keep my reserve pretty high. My plan is coming up for renewal in a month, be thinking about Just/Amigo free nights, but wondering about the battery at 100% often. Curious of everyone's thoughts or how you manage your charging patterns.
I had been thinking about the degradation of the PW.
I currently have Backup Reserve set to 50/50.
I’ve only seen it hit at or under 50 a couple of times. Mostly I will go from 100-80%. Before 9pm free nights start.
I decided it wouldn’t matter how I discharged my batteries. If I wasn’t on free nights. I would probably drain the batteries down to 20% on many rainy days. Since a cycle for a battery is a full discharge and charge. I think we are fine with the small amount of Charge daily.
Tell me if I’m wrong. It comes down to experience with the Product over time. That’s what I don’t have. It’s only been a couple years for me.

I have mine set at 50% reserve mostly because of paranoia. I could probably drop it down to 30% most days. My concern is that I think it will sit at 100% for long periods of time. If the Powerwalls were LFP, I wouldn't worry about it. I suppose if I am on free nights, I could purposely set the rate plan such that on an average day of battery usage, that it doesn't have enough time to charge back to 100%. For example: instead of setting it from 9P to 7A, I could set it from 5A-7A or something like that.