Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have another question if you don’t mind help answering. My main panel is inside the house. When they install solar, do they need to run cable to the main panel or just to the meter outside?
Mine was tied into the meter outside and they never came into my house on the day of install.

I wonder why they offered you the black 315W panels, but not the Panasonic 330 Watt standard(not black) panels? Not to confuse things further.....

Weird. I got a Panasonic 330 array installed this April by a 3rd party local installer. Seems strange they wouldn't offer the most popular panel that they make in the Buffalo Gigafactory. If they're visible, black 315s is probably the way to go. Mine were on a flat roof so aesthetics didn't matter.

Got my PTO today and turned on the system. Solar is working but not Powerwall. Anyone knows why? In self-powered mode

Update : I restarted the Neurio and it is working! Yay!

Screenshot_20190821-192827_Tesla.jpg Screenshot_20190821-192824_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: NuShrike
I have the black Pana 315 panels and struggled with getting the 330s, but decided that the boost in aesthetics was worth it for the slightly reduced production since the panels are visible on the front of the house. Whatever you get, you'll be happy when the power bill shows up. $5/month with an all electric house and two EVs suits me just fine!

Panels.png

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_174439.jpg
    IMG_20181020_174439.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 61
I have the black Pana 315 panels and struggled with getting the 330s, but decided that the boost in aesthetics was worth it for the slightly reduced production since the panels are visible on the front of the house. Whatever you get, you'll be happy when the power bill shows up. $5/month with an all electric house and two EVs suits me just fine!

View attachment 445151
Congrat! Too bad SCE minimum is like $10 a month but still good saving and helping out the environment