Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla solar loan payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incredibly frustrated with the solar loan payments. I recently had a system turned on earlier this year and have quickly come to despise the loan payment system.

1) You can only make the minimum monthly payment through the site. If you would like to pay more than the minimum, you have to call a number and sometimes sit on hold for a while (17min for me this last call) just to make a payment other than the minimum.

2) No where on the account page does it show an updated outstanding balance. Even though under the "Loan Terms" drop down it says Loan Terms and remaining balance, no remaining balance is actually shown. It also doesn't show up on the invoices or statements.

Anyone else incredibly frustrated with this? Is rates weren't sky high right now, I would take out another loan and just pay this one off so I wouldn't have to deal with such an inferior system/interface.

I had to call too so I just put everything on a credit card and paid that off. Tesla product is good and cheap so that means service has to suffer. You can't have all 3. Only 2 of those 3 can work together. Pick your poison. Now try their insurance. You'll be on hold for 3 hours just to start a claim.

I have the solar payments, but at such a ridiculous low interest rate that I'm fine with regular payments. Maybe once I pay off my mortgage I'll consider increasing, but higher interest loans first and all.

I honestly hadn't checked for my balance yet. System was ordered 2021 (when rate was 0.99%) installed late August last year, but payments didn't kick in until after PTO (which was late January). It's one of those 'set and forget' deals for me.