Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Panels Inconsistent Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had (18) Tesla / Solar City / Panasonic / Sanyo 320 watt all black panels installed.

I noticed that in the sun that I see that some of the cells are a little more blue than the other cells. Is this normal and is this just a cosmetic thing that won't affect the production or efficiency of these panels? You can only really see the color difference it in direct sunlight.

IMG_1276.jpg
IMG_1307.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 8.17.04 AM.png

IMG_1272.jpg

I had 10 Tesla 325 watt Panasonic/Tesla panels installed back in September, and they were white bordered to help reduce the temperature with the intense heat we get here in California. I'm what the difference is between these Tesla panels and the ones you got which are all black?

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 47
I had 10 Tesla 325 watt Panasonic/Tesla panels installed back in September, and they were white bordered to help reduce the temperature with the intense heat we get here in California. I'm what the difference is between these Tesla panels and the ones you got which are all black?
I'm thinking the only difference is the 5 watt difference. Since mine are all black they are a little less efficient.