Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sold my car to someone else before my delivery day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I just got an issue about my model 3 delivery.

My delivery day should be tomorrow, but I got a call today said the original car assigned to me was sold to someone else last week because the delivery guy didn't check carefully that car was assigned to me.

That guy's model 3 probably had some problems so he came to Tesla for an exchange.
The delivery team saw a ready model 3 which is assigned to and gave it to him.

The thing is I already bought the insurance and paid registration, I just have to spend more money and time for another car's insurance and registration.

Should I ask for compensation and what should I ask for?

Thanks in advance!

Delivery day is an estimate to cover a range of things that could go wrong including this mistake.
I'm working my way through a sale process right now (still pending assignation of a VIN in fact) and this is disconcerting. If I get the Purchase Agreement with VIN A on it, and I am delivered VIN B after having paid for taxes on the purchase of VIN A, and having paid to insure and register VIN A; I imagine that I, my credit union, the state MDV, and my insurance company will all be rather upset.

I'm working my way through a sale process right now (still pending assignation of a VIN in fact) and this is disconcerting. If I get the Purchase Agreement with VIN A on it, and I am delivered VIN B after having paid for taxes on the purchase of VIN A, and having paid to insure and register VIN A; I imagine that I, my credit union, the state MDV, and my insurance company will all be rather upset.

I know the hassle but that could be the same scenario for those who reject their cars upon delivery inspection within 7 days too!

We tend to think delivery is an exact science but there are just too many variables.

Hi guys, I just got an issue about my model 3 delivery.

My delivery day should be tomorrow, but I got a call today said the original car assigned to me was sold to someone else last week because the delivery guy didn't check carefully that car was assigned to me.

That guy's model 3 probably had some problems so he came to Tesla for an exchange.
The delivery team saw a ready model 3 which is assigned to and gave it to him.

The thing is I already bought the insurance and paid registration, I just have to spend more money and time for another car's insurance and registration.

Should I ask for compensation and what should I ask for?

Thanks in advance!

Obviously this is an issue with the Tesla system.

They need to have something in place to where if a vehicle is already assigned to someone, they cannot sell it to someone else!

Especially if your delivery day was the next day!