Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla still shipping cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone has any evidence or knowledge about cars still shipping from the factory that might be on the lot? Let be be clear, I know they aren't making new cars, but curious if they have any stock left that hasn't shipped. I know some people had drone footage of cars on the lot etc.. so curious if anyone has seen them loading any remaining stock still?

Reason I ask is, I have a VIN that they say is still in Fremont and awaiting a truck for shipping... I just don't know how much I believe that.

Trucks are still leaving, SAC got a truck last weekend and that is just a 3 hour trip. Seems trucks are also arriving to some sale centers still. Two weeks ago the factory lot looked full havnt been down that way since lock down. but 100% things are moving off the factory lots.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Interesting...haven't seen a shipment to Virginia for a couple of weeks. I wonder if the delivery coordinators know if any of the vehicles at the factory are destined for specific locations?

Fingers are crossed their is at least one more truck coming this way and it has the model y they promised me weeks ago, had a VIN and started payment already, at this point with payment starting they had better get me one ASAP or one of the first off the assembly line when they start back up.

Doesn't seem like anymore trucks are leaving the more local CA region. I think they are reallocating any stock locally. Been told for over three weeks now my car has been waiting for a truck.. pretty sure no more trucks are coming. I have the opportunity to switch to a MSM PUP now though, a low 1000 VIN vs my high 1000 VIN so really no different probably. I got to see it today and it had some more panel gap issues then expected, but overall paint looked great which imo is the only thing that would really prevent me from taking a car. Panel gaps I feel are fixable at least. Anyways here are some pics, can see some of the issues I would like addressed, the lower passenger door I took at a bad angle so can't really tell how car its sticking out, but I would say at least 5mm, can see the inside more then allowable imo. then typical things like rear tail lights popping out a bit more then acceptable and the spoiler not taped down well.. I think overall all those can be addressed easily. Perhaps the oddest thing is the dark finger marks on some of the interior trim, I am sure it can wash out or be replaced as well.. just seems odd the installer wouldn't notice that and change his gloves lol. So yeah, originally wanted the White PUP, but also really like the MSM, my daughter also likes this one more then white due to the blue metallic flake in the paint :)

Update: they actually just called and said they had two of these so they are going to let me pick whichever I want.. so going to check out the other tomorrow now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_143939_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200409_143939_MP.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200409_144402_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200409_144402_MP.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20200409_144408_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200409_144408_MP.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200409_144413_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200409_144413_MP.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Looks great in the sun! I really thought hard about MSM, but after 4 cars in a row roughly the same color over the past 11 years, I felt it was time for a change. And the Deep Blue looks fantastic in the sun, also, so I went with blue. Your issues look like they will pretty simple to fix. And you have two to pick from - enjoy whichever one you choose!

Looks great in the sun! I really thought hard about MSM, but after 4 cars in a row roughly the same color over the past 11 years, I felt it was time for a change. And the Deep Blue looks fantastic in the sun, also, so I went with blue. Your issues look like they will pretty simple to fix. And you have two to pick from - enjoy whichever one you choose!

Thanks :) I love the blue too, especially in the sun, can't go wrong with any of the colors really!

I too ordered a Blue LR AWD, White interior, however I can't believe some of the pictures of the condition of the cars. I'm trying to stay positive, but at this point, I don't want one that needs to spend a week getting adjusted to be "almost" as good as a $25,000 Honda. Honestly, if they brought one of those out to me at a delivery center, I would flip my lid.

Ok, so now I vented. I think I'll take a few months off reading these threads and return when CV-19 closings are over. Thanks for the space to vent.

I too ordered a Blue LR AWD, White interior, however I can't believe some of the pictures of the condition of the cars. I'm trying to stay positive, but at this point, I don't want one that needs to spend a week getting adjusted to be "almost" as good as a $25,000 Honda. Honestly, if they brought one of those out to me at a delivery center, I would flip my lid.

Ok, so now I vented. I think I'll take a few months off reading these threads and return when CV-19 closings are over. Thanks for the space to vent.
First time Tesla owner ?

I talked to a Tesla Rep yesterday. (Based in Nevada). She asked if I wanted to take delivery of my Model Y now. I told her no. Wanted to get the current crisis behind us. She was very nice. Asked what Date I wanted to set for possible delivery. I made it 1 June. Will see then. So it looks like they have some limited number of vehicles they are trying to deliver. She did not offer any incentive for me to take delivery now.

Might be beneficial for all if we let sandy go through one and give Tesla's factory shutdown, with no panic to rush, some patience's. They now can get around to fixing and tweaking all those things they always meant to but did not have the chance. They can get them through planning and permit stage while developing a strategy to push them safety forward. Panel gaps, acoustical case for heat pump, who knows what they will come up with? We know they strive for perfection; my vote is they will not disappoint.

Edit: I want my my :D. Canadian and may take a bit; understand.

I have no idea. Not even sure it is true in future as I have seen no official statement. Sandy indicated it was so we can hope. I have clear sound and like quite. I would hope you guys will not be left out if it happens. Cost you a trip to service?

I wonder if they will have a retrofit acoustical case for the heat pump for those who already received their MYs? Maybe like a TSB...

Probably depends on how they design it. My guess is they built/ordered a ton of these heat pumps already so if they wanted to put it on sooner then later they would have to find a way to retrofit it. Otherwise I doubt any cars in the near production future would have it as they wouldn't scrap current parts just for something like this.