Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Superchargers in Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I will shortly be spending 3 weeks in Italy in the MY. Quick question on Supercharger sites. Do these tend to be off the autostrade's? The idea of having to leave the motorway and pay the Toll everytime I want to charge doesn't really fill me with joy.

Thank you in advance

Ziggy

Hi All,

I will shortly be spending 3 weeks in Italy in the MY. Quick question on Supercharger sites. Do these tend to be off the autostrade's? The idea of having to leave the motorway and pay the Toll everytime I want to charge doesn't really fill me with joy.

Thank you in advance

Ziggy
Hi Ziggy,

You should plan your trip after locating superchargers so that you don't have to face any issues or range anxiety during your trip.

I usually locate charging stations from the Plughsare app (It's one of the popular apps for finding charging stations).

Find your charging stations (supercharger location) here:

Check reviews of other Tesla owners to check if the station is reliable or not. Good Luck!

Hi Ziggy,

You should plan your trip after locating superchargers so that you don't have to face any issues or range anxiety during your trip.

I usually locate charging stations from the Plughsare app (It's one of the popular apps for finding charging stations).

Find your charging stations (supercharger location) here:

Check reviews of other Tesla owners to check if the station is reliable or not. Good Luck!
Thank you Mikey,

I will plan as much as I can, as I would in the UK, but sometimes its difficult to tell if a charger is in the service station or off the motorway (or at least it is in the UK). I had a recent issue in the UK where it was on the wrong side of the carriageway. This isn't much of an issue in the UK but would be in Italy. I'll check out the suggested links.

Hi, yes all the supercharger are outside the highway... And yes you need to pay the toll every single time... :(
There's a growing network of charger inside the highway, you can check the map here Free To X

Usually are 300kw station but not a lot of stalls. Some of them you can select as destinaion directly from the car navigation ;)
In you need more help, i'll be glad to help

Hi, yes all the supercharger are outside the highway... And yes you need to pay the toll every single time... :(
There's a growing network of charger inside the highway, you can check the map here Free To X

Usually are 300kw station but not a lot of stalls. Some of them you can select as destinaion directly from the car navigation ;)
In you need more help, i'll be glad to help
Thank you very much. Appreciate all the help. Leaving the highway is far from Ideal. sounds like I will have to really plan what i'm doing, which isn't the end of the world.

Thank you very much. Appreciate all the help. Leaving the highway is far from Ideal. sounds like I will have to really plan what i'm doing, which isn't the end of the world.
Usually the superchargers are close to the exit... 2-3km usually. Otherwise you can buy a TELEPASS, it's the device for "contact less" payment on the highway. Telepass Pay Per Use: You Only Pay When You Use It | Telepass so exiting and entering the highway is without stopping at the barrier.

Reactions: s_zigmond
Usually the superchargers are close to the exit... 2-3km usually. Otherwise you can buy a TELEPASS, it's the device for "contact less" payment on the highway. Telepass Pay Per Use: You Only Pay When You Use It | Telepass so exiting and entering the highway is without stopping at the barrier.
Apologies realise this is a bit of an old thread .... do you know of anyone who has ordered the PAYG Telepass successfully from the UK? I've been trying to get one of these for years but have struggled in the past as historically there was a restriction requiring a euro denominated bank account. Proof free to X work with UK model 3 :)
IMG_2519.jpeg

Can't answer on telepass, historically i used to get a telepass from tolltickets, but gave up recently as haven't been using the motorway enough to make it worth while when out there. However I found when I was out there it was best to use the electroverse app for charging. I was paying 30p a kw for becharge (most local charge points to where i was) compared to 70cents+ on their own app.

Thanks for that, will have a look. I tend to use SC's when out there and there is an 11kw post just down the road from the sister in laws, or if I'm lucky plug into a domestic plug in the flat car park using the Italian adapter for the Tesla granny. We use the beeper for the toll roads in France, always wanted a telepass as the whole "leaning out of passenger window while grabbing a ticket" is a small inconvenience, but obviously no big deal.

Apologies realise this is a bit of an old thread .... do you know of anyone who has ordered the PAYG Telepass successfully from the UK? I've been trying to get one of these for years but have struggled in the past as historically there was a restriction requiring a euro denominated bank account. Proof free to X work with UK model 3 :) View attachment 986699
I figured out the problem and posted a specific thread on it.