Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla talking to other OEM about Supercharger sharing, could well be Aston Martin.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla drivers will be sharing the Supercharger network with cars from a different company.

Elon made the comments about it on at least two different occasions in Berlin. I've written a post about it for AutoblogGreen, speculating that the unnamed OEM is Aston Martin.

While not exactly confirmation, I was quite surprised to see that Aston CEO Andy Palmer favorited my tweet about it. :cool:

For those who may be unaware, Aston Martin has an electric Rapide under development and is also said to be working on its DBX concept.

AM is planning to built just 100 electric cars per year so the only thing that really would make sense is that AM uses the Tesla Model S platform for their Rapide.

That would seem to be a good idea as far as economies of scale, but they seem to be going their own way.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/18/aston-martin-800hp-electric-rapide/

I like how you are thinking, however. If Tesla could sell "skateboards" to other manufacturers they could get around some of the distribution issues. Since they are production constrained now.