Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Tech broke my roof glass...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a ranger come out to my house to fix an alignment problem on the hatch (it would occasionally get stuck and wouldn't open). He used blue masking tape to check the alignment and fixed the issue really quick. However, he set the tape roll on the roof (right where the roof and hatch glass meet), forgot about it and closed the hatch. The tape got caught and broke the roof. He felt terrible and apologized profusely. He set up a service appointment to replace the roof for the following week. Since then, my appointment has been rescheduled 3 times due to one of the parts being out of stock. 2 days ago, they cancelled my appointment indefinitely because they don't know when the part will be in stock. I have no clue what part they are waiting on (guessing the glass itself).
Anyways, with no end is sight, I'm super frustrated... The crack looks awful and it is spreading - now it's halfway across the roof.
Has this happened to anyone? Should I ask them to give me loaner until they replace the roof?

67597429265__8DFEAA35-A0E9-4F2D-914C-180DC8347B20.jpeg

67597429265__8DFEAA35-A0E9-4F2D-914C-180DC8347B20.jpeg

Yeah, parts availability is a huge compounding factor with Tesla’s service issues.

You can always ask for a loaner, but there’s really no safety issue or other concern with driving it as-is and I doubt “it looks awful” is going to move them into giving you one.

I use the SLC service center and they have very few loaners. Last time I brought my car in, the manager said they reserve loaners for long-distance customers (like me) and give Uber credits for people in/around the SLC area.