TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla testifies at Congressional hearing: The Promise of Electric Vehicles

Discussion in 'News' started by Norbert, May 16, 2011.

1. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

The Promise of Electric Vehicles | Blog | Tesla Motors

2. NeoDoc

NeoDoc Member

Right on, Tesla!

A conglomerate of all EV manufacturers should get together and make this a national TV ad advocacy campaign! Either that or bribe Congress like the O&G industry has done.

3. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Aside from the high-quality Tesla-state of the union, I think this is the main statement:

For quite a while, the best idea I've heard for providing a more effective incentive/support for the development of viable EVs (capable of being the primary car in a household), as well as a more effective incentive/support for those characteristics in battery technology which are currently the most critical for the success of EVs.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If they modify the tax credit, I think it should be on estimated range, not on battery size. Putting a 50 kWh batter pack in a Ford F350 for example wouldn't get you the same range as on a small car.

5. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

What a nice read!!!! Tesla Motors clearly makes the point for the continued Federal support of EVs. I think the incentive should move up stream between $500 to $1500 dollars to show stronger support.