Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make "exciting announcement on Thursday" (correction Tuesday)

What will Elon's "exciting announcement" be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point it seems leasing and/or a deal for restaurant/charging stations sounds most promising (thanks for those who explained the twitter clue).

I'm still going to mention what I'd love to see as Tesla putting money where mouth is: Announce due to strong demand, production targets up 5,000 this year and next. Earnings from this to fund the ongoing buildup of service centers, rather than needing money from service contract of Model S owners. As a result, Elon putting money where his mouth is by waiving service contracts. Press and analysts called in, announcement built up to, so Elon can publicly back past statements that a Tesla EV is far less costly to maintain than an ICE... we'll foot the bill the first 8 years.

wouldn't it be awesome if it was $0 maintenance first 8 years, AND free supercharging. I ran numbers in my head, I see increased sales of 5M/year easily paying for this (given prices costs and prices could be adjusted in 5 years or so when newer battery tech goes into S/X).

I think you'd be surprised. Ever heard of "The Millionaire Next Door"? The main premise is that the majority of high net-worth individuals are not actually exceedingly high-salary individuals, but rather average folks who live beneath their means. I think a good portion (~40%, I'd guess) of Model S owners that fit that description.

My dad (a financial planner) once retired a middle-school janitor as a millionaire. He simply lived on less than he could actually afford and invested the difference all his life.

Antidotally, I see more Teslas at BJ's than anywhere else. lol

I think you'd be surprised. Ever heard of "The Millionaire Next Door"? The main premise is that the majority of high net-worth individuals are not actually exceedingly high-salary individuals, but rather average folks who live beneath their means. I think a good portion (~40%, I'd guess) of Model S owners that fit that description.

One of the best books I've ever read, and although it's very American, its valid everywhere and I recommend it to everyone.

Ack! I refreshed the page with the telephone number for the call - anybody have that?

PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors, Inc. will hold a conference call on April 2, 2013 at 2:00pm Pacific Standard Time (5:00pm Eastern Standard Time) for media, analysts and investors to make an announcement. Following remarks from Elon Musk, Tesla Motors co-founder and CEO, media and analysts are invited to participate in a question and answer session.

What: Tesla Motors, Inc. Announcement
When: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Time: 2:00pm Pacific Standard Time / 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time
Press Release Will Be Available At: Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles
Webcast: ir.teslamotors.com (live and replay)
Live Call: (877) 312-5519 / (760) 666-3771 (International)

Approximately two hours after the call, a digital recording of the Q&A session will be available for a period of two weeks following the date of the call. To access the recording, please dial in to one of the following numbers using the conference ID shown.

Replay Dial-In #: (855) 859-2056 Conference ID#: 31702733
International Replay Dial-In #: (404) 537-3406 Conference ID# 31702733

There are currently 117 users browsing this thread. (42 members and 75 guests)
I love the anticipation going on here (<1 hour before it goes "live"). :biggrin:

@Lokolo, thank you for posting the call-in numbers.