Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla tracking charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if Tesla has the abilty (and uses it) to track each charge on any Tesla wheather it be on a Home Charger, Destination charger or Supercharger? Meaning can and does Tesla log e.g. Tesla 004316 charging at xyz adress/location 28 minutes on xyz date?

Wondering if Tesla has the abilty (and uses it) to track each charge on any Tesla wheather it be on a Home Charger, Destination charger or Supercharger? Meaning can and does Tesla log e.g. Tesla 004316 charging at xyz adress/location 28 minutes on xyz date?

I think in the EU because of data privacy laws it's an opt-in system and in the US, I believe that it's an opt-out. I'm pretty certain that the car's logs have this information. The Tesla service center pulls logs for me OTA when I encounter problems, so perhaps its only during service center visits that Tesla gets the information... Or in case you have problems and they need to pull the logs.

Tesla certainly can track every minute detail of your car. If you want to, you can also track all that information yourself using sites/apps like Tesalfi.com .

I would be very surprised if Tesla isn't tracking that information and using it for internal analyses. There are hundreds or even thousands of parameters that they can track and record in real time among the entire fleet. It's a treasure trove of data for a data-head like me.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
But does the data have the adress/location of each charger - Home Charger, Destination charger or Supercharger?

Well, they have the real-time GPS coordinates, so it's not hard to figure that out. They could derive "home charger" based on frequency/duration, and everything else is either supercharger (DC or GPS coordinates) or destination charger (usually AC in the US).

*Also, most people set the "Home" address in the Nav, so that's pretty easy to link to the charging location.