Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Tesla is losing marketshare" is among the FUD on Seeking Alpha too. I was thinking a good retort is "Smaller share of a much bigger pie is more pie." But it's simpler than that.

IMO, the best reply for FUD-influenced friends is:

No it isn't. Tesla's share of the total car-market is growing exponentially, because Tesla makes the best cars, not just the best electric cars. ICE car sales are shrinking, which hurts ICE makers, not Tesla.
Marketshare calculations are made when the market is saturated, or else it's just a calculation of which company will have the fastest production ramp, which is probably meaningless.

The problem with people is they can't get out of this mindset that there are X% of people who would consider EVs and that's it, so the word marketshare is thrown around as if the market is already saturated with EV buyers and people constantly get surprised to see there's continuous demand. Some people think there's X amount of tree huggers or early adopters...so once that's saturated then demand drops off.

This line of thinking is in my opinion is KIND OF RIGHT. It's very difficult to get people excited about an EV when ICE cars are pretty freaken good and pretty freaken cheap. It also doesn't require people to change their habits or needing to go very far to get broken parts fixed when the repair shop network is infinitely better than the EV repair shop network. So there has to be a hook, and that hook is not just instant torque.

Elon talked about this on Third Row that the only way he sees EV adoption happening is with autonomous. Only with these two technologies combined he thought there may be a chance of succeeding. The hook needs to be that life changing.

The good news is many countries are just straight up banning ICEs, so the hook is not really required any longer when the time comes.

You know what would be amazing? If wealthy Tesla owners started running really well done Tesla Commercials.... imagine a commercial about Cybertruck powering a house..... Texans are very much in the market for this sort of thing.
You mean like the wallstreebetters on highway panels?

I like the car
I like the stonk
HODL TSLA 🙌 💎💎
🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🌕

We get that you hate the EU government in general. Compared to the US politicians I would take most EU politicians in almost any case though.

You are greatly overestimating what can and can not be dictated on an EU level.

Most things are like that yoke steering wheel. Ok in one country and it's ok in all countries.

Germany can tax or give rebates in Germany based on whatever rule they can come up with. That will not matter in the other countries.

To avoid exactly this is why Elon went with Germany as the first location.
Not sure you are being fair to Rob.
EU has done sophisticated obstruction for a long time - it is a European specialty - we are very good at it.
Remember our history: Business is just war by other means.
Through city states and later national states competing a lot - fair or dirty. Through war or business - or both.

So all these obstructions mechanisms have been honed for centuries and are now used collectively.

There is also the 2 millennia old cultural unicorn/elephant called Christianity which preaches fairness and equality before god, and even though many Europeans are unaware, and maybe in semi, or total denial, by that cultural operating system, it nevertheless has an outsized effect.

And that OS that will not in the long run allow for unfair discrimination, even against an invader like Tesla, if they can show and prove that they follow the written and unwritten laws, (especially the unwritten ones) , nor will it allow for the great work of the creator (called nature) to be spoiled or ruined. Remember how fanatic Germans are about protecting for example bats around Berlin?
Forrest worshiping Celts meet duty-bound monks with the divine command to protect the work of the creator (nature) - a.k.a Germans.

(I have license to rip on the Germans because Danes are almost German, though we rarely admit it. Somehow we were not swallowed by varies Germanic empires or states due to mainly luck, stubbornness and craftiness. Though some would argue that EU is in itself the culmination of a centuries old Germanic dream of conquering Europa both spiritually and worldly - so perhaps they/we won at last.)

YouKeepUsingThatWord[1].png

The fire is out. Sounds like a nothing sandwich. Some flammable fluids may have caught fire. Possibly some damaged hydraulic lines. Lots of smoke. Very little fire.

Good thing it was outside!
Unless they do, why doesn’t Tesla not keep its own “fire department”?

I’m positive that FDSB is already a thing.
Fire department, Starbase

Unless they do, why doesn’t Tesla not keep its own “fire department”?

I’m positive that FDSB is already a thing.
Fire department, Starbase
They do...security, and basic fire protection. Also they maintain resources such as specialized tanks for thermal runaway in case of battery fires, and special extinguishers for flammable metals/fluids/energized epuipment fires.
This is the industry standard...have modern, capable, and well maintained fire suppression systems in accordance with State/City/County fire code. No different than NUMMI (the GM/TOYOTA) joint venture that previously produced vehicles at the facility.

Also, they pay a massive amount of taxes (property and otherwise) which helps fund their local fire department. Most of their fire suppression abilities are automated.

The cost to staff an entire fire department capable of mitigating a large scale fire at the facility would be cost prohibitive and ineffective.

I just discovered this YouTuber from his excellent interview of Sandy Munro. Kevin is smart, knowledgable, honest, and pretty entertaining. Last week he correctly predicted this week's market turnaround.

In this video, he explains why he thinks there could be another stock market dip in the coming three months. TLDR: Silly fear about inflation due to the Consumer Price Index numbers being compared to the Covid-tanked numbers from a year ago.

• Informative
Reactions: NooB_cat
IMPORTANT!! IMPORTANT!!

I do not have time to check if this has been posted, but these 2 articles can save your life. The bulletproof CyberTruck can power a tiny house and a Model 3 foils carjacker attempt allows owner to drive away. Please read at least 2 times slowly to understand all of the possibilities

1) The Tesla door handle design prevents the opportunistic carjacker from opening the door easily. Its external camera system records 10 minutes before an accident happens or a thief try to steal/carjack with all hi-res pictures for reporting to police. There are hi-res pictures to identify the carjacker

Tesla foils carjacker attempt, Navy officer says

2) The bulletproof CyberTruck with its sleek steel body can protect you in a hurricane/Twister…, including a 240v outlet, which could be used to charge another EV, run heavy-duty power tools, or even power a small house or partially power a larger home.

Think about if you lost power for 4 days in Houston, a rolling black out in California, a snow blizzard that make trees fallen on power lines in NorthEastern states.

I do not need to say more about other situation, think about it yourselves

Elon Musk Says Tesla Cybertruck Can Power A Tiny House

Enjoy the reading, Nasdaq and Dow Jones future is up, we might have another up day. Cheers

So saw people previously mentioning the casting equipment. Here’s a different look from drones overhead.

“The fire appeared to be located within machinery and is in an area that is under construction,” nothing to be worry about.

• Disagree
Reactions: ladysbff
1) The Tesla door handle design prevents the opportunistic carjacker from opening the door easily. Its external camera system records 10 minutes before an accident happens or a thief try to steal/carjack with all hi-res pictures for reporting to police. There are hi-res pictures to identify the carjacker

Tesla foils carjacker attempt, Navy officer says
I watched the model 3 guy’s video. The carjacker clearly was unfamiliar with the car and didn’t know how to open. Actually seeing the bullet hole in the bottom of the driver’s side B pillar the driver was very lucky he wasn't shot.

Reactions: scaesare