Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you referring to the 4680 batteries? Hope you are right but thought I read here that they plan on using the 2160 batteries in the semis at first until they can get the 4680 batteries ramped up. Could be wrong.

Tesla frequently changes its mind when conditions change. If the pilot plant is producing enough 4680s for prototype trucks (and has a ramp to small production volumes), then I suspect they would use them.

Reactions: capster
Nah, this is about the "Master of Coin". Did you notice only Zach signed the 8-K? Did you also notice that bitcoin plunged $2K immediately after the announcement?

IMO, Tesla will pay Elon's CEO comp. expense from bitcoin profits going fwd (shareholders owe Zach for this brilliant move).

Further I reinterate my opinion that Zach will be the next CEO (when the time comes, years from now).

Cheers!
Finance guy running an engineering firm, bad idea.

As a general point this can result in restarting old conversations already concluded and posting old material, further cluttering the thread. I try to read everything before commenting to reduce noise.
You want people to log in this morning and read all the crap that's been dumped here since Friday? That's a not a sustainable user experience.

Quite the opposite...I would say that is ATM JUST a marketing goal.

Even if taken at face value, it would result in a scale of operations an order of magnitude smaller than Tesla and maybe only 30% of its new vehicles being electric.

So this plan is underwhelming, even if believed literally. My guess is that they are marketing internally more than externally...

Who cares , they don’t have intuition about engineering issues.
I suspect the employees that worked for him when he was CEO of an automaker cared.

Now ask yourself why so many P.Eng holders also obtain an M.B.A.

And you're aware that Elon doesn't hold an engineering degree; he has dual undergraduate degrees in physics and economics.

Even if taken at face value, it would result in a scale of operations an order of magnitude smaller than Tesla and maybe only 30% of its new vehicles being electric.

So this plan is underwhelming, even if believed literally. My guess is that they are marketing internally more than externally...
It's my understanding the center-left Greens made some pretty good progress in the regional German elections last week. This could mean the policy of holding back the energy transition could be lifted soon. Does this also mean the VW's of the world will get pushed to transition more rapidly?

Merkel is a supporter of renewables/EVs in general, but quite rationally threw some water on the fire just as it was heating up in 2016. Maybe we'll see energy storage take hold there in a similar fashion to what we've seen in Australia. God knows the German grid could use it.