Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we are closer to 240k than 220k this quarter.

Lol, even better, based on the numbers in your table, Tesla would be at an annualized production growth rate of 100% if they can produce 240K cars total in 2021Q3. :D

And that's WITHOUT Austin or Berlin!

1fd3w3.jpg

Cheers!

Ironic that Wall St. has contrived a setup where you can LOOSE the tax lottery. :p

This hidden gotcha is now added to my long list of reasons why I don't play Options.

#BUYRIGHTNHOLDTIGHT

Cheers!
It's not that hidden, these sold calls were 300 dollars in the money with barely any time value left in them. As someone who owns calls at a similar strike and date, everyday I ask myself if its time to exercise to shares to start the clock on long term capital gains.

Elon has telegraphed that q3 will be the last wave and also I believe that they will let q4 inventory spill into q1.

Wouldn’t possible reasons be:
1) Holding back Berlin and Austin production, like they did Shanghai because of poor margins at the low volume.
2) Likelihood of U.S. tax credit taking effect at start of the year.

so if true, Q4 may not be that much better than Q3, correct?
Or maybe it’s possible that there will be so much production that every month will be like last month of the quarter push.

At 60 vehicles per connector, with a fleet growing at 1m vehicles per year, then there needs to be 16,000 new connectors per year.

A factory that can only produce 10,000 connectors per year is undersized, and needs to double in size immediately.

900K annualized production rate by the end of Q42021. Tesla has TWO Supercharger factories (Shanghai 10K/yr + Buffalo, NY at 5K/yr).

900K / 15K is 60 connectors per new car produced going into Jan 2022. I'd say Tesla has it covered. ;)

You got to love this part.

"In an effort to reduce potential damage to structures and nearby vehicles in the rare event of a potential fire, we recommend parking on the top floor or on an open-air deck and park 50 feet or more away from another vehicle," Flores said in an email"

So the whole top floor of a parking garage is reserved for Bolts?

This is getting really bad for GM.

IIRC this amount exceeds his net worth, so he's levering up.

True, KoGuan Leos's net worth is listed by Forbes at ~$2.1B but all billionaires are levered up to some extent. He does run a $10B IT services company.

I hope he won't get a margin call e.g. when markets turn sour (or overplaying the hand like Archegos) else we might see a huge dump

It's clear that he couldn't all-cash purchase "More than 5m shares" as he tweeted. But he could be selling Puts to buy Calls then executing those Calls early. We're getting a slight wiff of that happening already (although not quite up to the full "sniff test").

Maybe he hired Prad Bitt as his Options trader? Paging @Lycanthrope

Gonna be fun to watch . This is becoming a real "Jona vs. Goliath" epic... :D

Cheers!