Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One ramification of how Tesla Insurance measures and sets the rate is that Tesla insurance could entice more safe drivers to buy Tesla cars to save money on their insurance, which will further reduce accident rate for Tesla cars, which will attract more good drivers who are concerned with their safety to buy Tesla cars, etc.

(Prob already discussed here but I picked up this from a young Tesla YouTuber.)

LOL, I doubt any talent will join. Then again, their design are probably just copies of old designs. So it's a good retirement jerb.

Global Goundries comes to mimd.
That would be true for many OEMs. Not so Hyundai. South Korea is not anything like the US or Germany. They’ll find a way, just as Samsung did with cars, now essentially a JV with Renault, Nissan. The system in South Korea is VERY different. Hence Tesla working closely with Hyundai Glovis and another chaebol member LG. Details readily available but would go far OT.

A forced upgrade to the majority of the fleet, is a service nightmare, even when it can be done by mobile service. Customers will not be happy waiting 3 months for a service appointment, The HW4 upgrades to HW3 cars complete with new builds for HW4 chips. The old HW3 chips are E-waste.
I don't know why people think this is a good idea, or why you think it is necessary.
It is a service nightmare. It would not be practical to do as a normal course of service business. I have a vision as to how this would be done but it is not for this thread.

I agree that HW 3 would be nice to keep but HW 4 with upgraded/different cameras has been discussed for CT.

The build/design of HW 4 has to be influenced by Optimus.

My thinking is that the real experience earned from bringing Dojo into reality will carry on to the revised design of FSD 4 running the full stack capable of 99.999…. % of edge cases. Once FSD 4 is at the pencil down stage, the question becomes how to implement it to the greatest benefit. This place is close IMO.

I think the careful business thinker would soon realize that the greater the addressable market for a subscription SW service, the greater the first mover advantage for that service.

The HW (chip/board/maybe camera) cost of FSD fleet upgrade would be dwarfed by the high margin subscription income of a vastly expanded addressable market years earlier (plus the first mover lock-in).

On top of this is Optimus cost benefit from millions larger chip orders and the service alternative (not discussed here) required for humanoid robots.

There is no new factory work planned for 2022 or 2023 until a site is chosen. I view this window of time as a resource to be used for CT ramp and transition to FSD 4/Optimus. Starship development is in here too.

It makes little sense to order 2 million FSD 4 HW packages (new vehicle builds) when for a modest amount more the order can be 4+ million packages and the otherwise stranded base of FSD 3 vehicles can be added to the SWAAS subscription addressable market.

In a sense it is a similar logic that is followed by the cellular service companies offering free phone upgrades.

FSD 4 HW should not be gating the success of FSD generally IMO.

Deployed all dry powder last week. Bummed to see it lower premarket after much good news. Fsd increase, possible 900k Shanghai run rate, indirectly - meczilla operational, PT upgrade to 1200…. I am assuming more uncertainty until tues/mid week? Never done leaps but sure looking tempting if dips lower.

Yeah, yeah, but BETA!

TSLA.2022-01-10.07-00.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Deployed all dry powder last week. Bummed to see it lower premarket after much good news. Fsd increase, possible 900k Shanghai run rate, indirectly - meczilla operational, PT upgrade to 1200…. I am assuming more uncertainty until tues/mid week? Never done leaps but sure looking tempting if dips lower.
Way, way too tempting to take more risk than I want to expose my portfolio to. I've built my position in TSLA by catching falling knives and lucking out more than once. So; only leap once you've considered the amount of sleep you may lose.

Source? WuWa's latest videos were Jan 7 (which isn't the weekend)

Cheers!

You can see the dump trucks lined up a the 5:20 mark in Wu Wa's latest video. It's been a few months since we last saw them on site. Too early to tell if they're just adding more dirt or if they're ready to begin levelling the site.

Jason Yang has better shots of it at the 5:00 minute mark

Last edited:
You can see the dump trucks lined up a the 5:20 mark in Wu Wa's latest video. It's been a few months since we last saw them on site. Too early to tell if they're just adding more dirt or if they're ready to begin levelling the site.

Jason Yang has better shots of it at the 5:00 minute mark

One truck is clearly dumping it's load in Jason's vid.

OK, I ain't going in to add to the silly number of cases. But I worked in the ER for a few years, and I am checking all the box but "dead" for covid.
I will take ALL the credit for the SP going up today.
I have had the Vaccine for a year. Don't care to keep getting stabbed for the man.
This sure looks like Omicron, so no real biggee...just hoping it bounces the stock.

Last edited: