Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USA government (land of the free) preventing a US Citizen from buying a US business that didnt want to sell that he didnt want to buy is peak 2022.

Starlink is a private company if they want to withhold free services why should they not be allowed? Not sure Elon actually said he would end services tho.

Obviously the Biden Admin is somewhat hostile to Elons companies..

USA government (land of the free) preventing a US Citizen from buying a US business that didnt want to sell that he didnt want to buy is peak 2022.

Starlink is a private company if they want to withhold free services why should they not be allowed? Not sure Elon actually said he would end services tho.

It's an us official which doesn't mean much. There are a few US official wants FSD banned as well. At the end of the day it's just an Elon hater bringing stupid topics at meetings no one cares about.

Bloomberg just out with an article stating the US Govt is considering security reviews for Musk’s ventures, including Starlink and Twitter.

Starlink due to recent comments about cutting off service + Russia friendly comments.

Twitter because of foreign investors.

View attachment 865935

what a crock of xxxx!
‘administration officials’

Two state legislators are proposing a bill that would ban car companies from "[offering consumers] a subscription service for any motor vehicle feature" that "utilizes components and hardware already installed on the motor vehicle at the time of purchase." Yes, that would include a pre-installed heating element in a seat. In fact, that's explicitly mentioned.

I mean the fact that someone in DoD leaked the Starlink funding negotiation at just the right time to cause maximum damage to Musk, even though it has literally nothing to do with his peace proposal talk, should make it obvious that some in the US government is really out to get him. Fortunately the US is not a banana republic or China, so I doubt their attempts will result in anything consequential.

He doesn't have to be in bed with Russia for his actions to have an effect on international relations.

i don’t disagree

but the same faction worried about his tweets about cutting off starlink (which was a response to ukraine govt official telling home to f-off) aren’t cranking down the money spigot to the defense contractors are they?

k-street tactics

I mean the fact that someone in DoD leaked the Starlink funding negotiation at just the right time to cause maximum damage to Musk, even though it has literally nothing to do with his peace proposal talk, should make it obvious that some in the US government is really out to get him. But fortunately the US is not a banana republic or China, so I doubt their attempts will result in anything consequential.
A smart analysis!

Reactions: Nocturnal
Blind Faith!

$4T market cap for Tesla is not hard to arrive at. Here goes:

Revenue in 2022 ~$84B
Annual growth rate 50% for 8 years
Revenue in 2030 $2.15T = $84B×1.5^8
Profit margin 10%
Earnings in 2030 $215B
Price/Earnings ratio 20X
Market Cap $4.3T

These are identical assumptions from the original Blind Faith Price Target of $700B for 2025, only difference is starting at 2022 with $84B in revenue and looking out to 2030.

When Musk says that he sees a path, I take that to mean that he sees more than enough product opportunity to keep growing revenue at 50% per year for another 8 years. And furthermore this portfolio of products excludes Optimus.

I'll leave it to others to speculate about a product mix that hits $2T in revenue in 2030. I am sure there are multiple paths for Tesla.

This time Blind Faith is not so blind. We actually have the track record of 50%+ annual revenue growth from about 2013 onward. We know that Musk and Tesla can handle this pace of growth. We also know that Tesla sits on a product pipeline that has much more potential than what 50% annual growth can realize. How long have we been waiting for the Semi, Cybertruck, and Roadster. These could have been brought to market sooner, if Tesla had had the bandwidth and supply chain for it. There's plenty of pent up demand just waiting for Tesla to bring it to market. I am quite willing to believe that Tesla has more product opportunity for the next 8 years than it can realize growing at only 50% per year. That's how it's been for the last 8 years, and I see no reason why it can't continue another 8 years. Musk sees a path.

Believe it!
I think you nailed it, the key metric is 50% yoy revenue growth, not 50% yoy car production growth. We don't really care how they get there, do we? A company with multiple, growing revenue streams over the next 8 years is definitely more interesting to me than a 1-hit wonder that's hoping it's product remains relevant for nearly a decade.