Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse me, why do you automatically assumed that I gambled and lost? My long term account which is 100% TSLA is only down 27% this year while you people are down 60%. LMAO. You people and your assumptions. I'm sharing with you my insights not because I lost but because I'm one of the few people here qualified for reading the chart and able to see through your ignorance.
View attachment 885676

Wanna see how I did last year?

View attachment 885680
so no. I'm far from being scared or frustrated. You're just making assumptions to make yourself feel better about burying your head in the sand.
Did the (well played BTW) mere 20% loss include costs of any capital gains owed for the transactions involved to achieve it?

I love the overall reasons for the daily stock market decline per Wall Street. Now the reason we are down, today at least, is because the economy is showing signs of slowing and weakness - per the Fed's wishes. I thought bad news was actually good news for the stock market. :) We certainly live in interesting times.
They need to price in the recession before they can price in the pivot.

They don't have a clue in the end. Which leads to selling until they decide everything too cheap unless end of world.

We've been over this time and time again. The sourcing requirement for the other $3750 is % based. I think it's 30% sourced from North America or FT countries. That isn't a big deal.

And Tesla commented on it themselves in the Q3 earnings call that they expect to comply with all of the IRA requirements to get the full benefits. The only Tesla vehicles that won't get it are the SR + and the S/X.
ok I heard the same call and went back and listen to it. There is some ambiguity as Elon says we "will meet the requirements" but does not give the timeline and Zach states they are waiting for the treasury guidance.

My take was they would do everything they needed to meet the requirements at some point in the future but it was not clear when. I hope I am wrong as it will be a huge competitive advantage to Tesla. GM has already stated they only expect $3750 in 2023 and the full credit by mid decade.

Last edited:
We are getting close to that period just before P&D at quarter end when people with functioning brain cells run the numbers and start buying up some TSLA. I think it might be hidden or delayed a bit by twitter nonsense...
..but I suspect there are a lot of fund managers and hedge fund types getting into position to acquire some TSLA before the news comes out.
Is there ANYONE who thinks Q4 will not be an all time high quarter? I get the impression that record production is guaranteed, even with all the rumours about shanghai?
Record production is one thing.
Beating expectations by far is what is expected for a possible bump in the stock from last earnings results it seems

Sure but if it's lower than market expectations the stock will probably still get punished in the short term.
Based on the analysts notes that have come out in the past 2-3 weeks, I'd say expectations for deliveries are more in the 400-410k range. Even the bullish analysts that came out with notes with still with Buys on the stock have very low delivery expectations.

From my brokerage's newsfeed:

Federal Safety Regulators Investigating GM's Cruise Driverless Unit -- Market Talk

Today 10:26 AM ET (Dow Jones)

1026 ET - US auto-safety regulators have launched an investigation into the autonomous-driving system used by General Motors' driverless-car unit, after receiving reports of vehicles engaging in inappropriately hard braking or stalling out while on public roads. The probe represents the latest challenge for Cruise, which is pushing ahead to develop a viable business model as rivals have stepped back from autonomous driving. Cruise said it's cooperating with regulators. ([email protected]; @RyanFelton)

Last edited:
This morning went in for a measly 5 chairs @ $157. Might DCA if we go into 140s but feeling smart/dumb already.

I expect the Closing Cross volume to be heavy today due to the S&P 500 rebalancing. Hedge funds may try to take advantage of this forced liquidity in shares to acquire at discount prices. Would be unlike them to cover their shorts with these new shares though. c.f. parable of the scorpion and the frog.

P.S. We've been hugging the Lower-BB for the past 20 min:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2022-12-16.11-00.png

Last edited:
That’s a good question that will be answered, even though questioning Mod decisions is a no-no.

As it was not I who deleted it, it evidently was a moderator who had the good sense to trash it, whereas last night I saw a little wordplay fun that wouldn't have worked had I then, justifiably, deleted it.

But now my hand is forced and so, to be equitable, I’ll likewise have to delete mine. Not an immense loss.
I'm working on my bot sniffing skills... this one looks human 👍

Some on TMC... I gotta wonder when they fly in like Paul Revere with some BS, then laughed out of the room, never to be seen again. So is this possible? (No hidden meaning, I'm just curious since we were discussing it recently.)

Good response, but you might have missed my point; I think we'd see pretty stunning results if (and it won't happen) Tesla suddenly started advertising in the mainstream media anywhere near the extent that legacy auto does. No, Tesla doesn't need to for sales, but the point is made, and I think most would get this without further explanation.

Tesla, as driven by Musk since day1 of his arrival there, has created disruption in just about every corner of the world's major markets; oil & fossil fuels, automobile manufacturing & dealerships, LOBBYING POWER by both of those broad entities, and MEDIA. None of these interests are very happy about the prospects of losing their revenues, let alone their existence. None of these are going to do anything less that throw shade at Tesla, let alone other projectiles from their defense armories. And they are armed very well.

Now, as an experiment, let's imagine that Tesla has at least befriended one of the legacy giants that at the moment are unhappy with them. The Media. The YouTube clip I shared earlier shows that Elon is acutely aware of this. I imagine this is a major motivational factor in his interest in buying T$witter. If asked at this time, he might agree with anyone suggesting that his $44 billion dollars might have been better spent on 10 years of an advertising budget benefitting the major media outlets.

Elon's strategy of going into Mordor and befriending the Orks & Urukai in Texas was a genius move from a genius mind. I suspect we'll be seeing more of these kinds of moves as we go forward.

It seems to me that MSM advertising isn't viable until production exceeds demand to a degree that word of mouth is no longer enough to get the job done. At that point, sure, it could be another logical alternative.

To do so now could drive up demand, leading to higher pricing and longer wait times bringing frustration for buyers who were influenced by the ads and cannot act upon the impulse to achieve instant gratification the way they have become accustomed to.

There is much to be considered and so far Tesla have played it superbly. Letting the FUD run on with an "I don't care" attitude from Tesla will, over time, remove the stigma as the buyers become desensitized to it.

FUD is a current example of the age-old stories like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and "Chicken Little" is it not?

Having control of his new company gives him the advantage of being able to Flip the Bird to the MSM. So to speak. (plus, there is so much more to that acquisition which folks don't seem to be picking up on, yet)

Beating expectations by far is what is expected for a possible bump in the stock from last earnings results it seems

Sure, but in the long run (which as actual investors is the only view that matters), its still great news. When I look at the growth curve in terms of number of new Teslas that hit the road each quarter, I don't really care if it impresses short-term traders who are only looking QoQ. Tesla's production is huge, and growing every single quarter. We are definitely already at a run-rate of over 1.6million Tesla's per year.

I think a lot of stock analysts get very obsessed with if Tesla meets guidance or misses guidance by some small amount, and totally forgets that the guidance is stupidly, amazingly, shockingly high. They need to take more time to study this chart:

1671207128407.png

Even if the deliveries was a SHOCKINGLY AWFUL 350,000, its still darned good!

even record deliveries will be met with skeptism - because of price cuts.
So we will really have to wait till earnings and % margins ...(10K + price increase last year, 2K discounts = 8K increase .... but all thinking of just the 2K discounts :) )

I see a lot of people conflating 2 messages:
A. "You are hungry because Elon&Twitter" and
B. "You are angry because you are losing money".
A =/= B.
I can only speak for myself but for me is A.
A is the making me worry that Elon is damaging the stock (short-term), but that I can survive easily. I actually bought more. There are pros and cons about a low SP, and I hope retails (and Tesla workers) can actually buy more at a discounted price.
But A is also making me worry that Elon is damaging the Tesla brand more long-term.
The pedo guy was one tweet. The covid ones were a handful (and there were retractrions).
Now, everyday we have something. Communication-wise, this is a proper multi-week sugarshow. There's no why around it.

Elon used to work at least 50 hours at Tesla (and 50 at SpaceX, on average), now we don't even know if his activity reaches 10 hours per week, which probably are mostly spent in remote meetings from SF Twitter office.
As a shareholder, we are entitled to question what the CEO is doing with his very well paid time¹, right?

¹ Compensation plan included, of course.

Tesla now offering 2,000-4,000 euro discount in europe for December delivery of inventory vehicles.

This is surprising in light of the posts here I have seen that there is no available inventory ?

I am braced for Q4 numbers, please prove it wrong !