Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lawsuit over the cameras uploading pics to Tesla

I don't know how this lawsuit proceeds. How do they establish who has standing? The photos and videos were anonymized before they were shared internally. You have some ex-employee vague recollections of details, but not nearly enough to determine who is eligible to be in the class action or who suffered what damages.

I don't know how this lawsuit proceeds. How do they establish who has standing? The photos and videos were anonymized before they were shared internally. You have some ex-employee vague recollections of details, but not nearly enough to determine who is eligible to be in the class action or who suffered what damages.
It may depend on if the owner consented to data sharing with Tesla or not.

To recognize things like lane lines, street signs and traffic light positions, Autopilot data from the camera suite is processed directly without leaving your vehicle by default. In order for camera recordings for fleet learning to be shared with Tesla, your consent for Data Sharing is required and can be controlled through the vehicle’s touchscreen at any time. Even if you choose to opt-in, unless we receive the data as a result of a safety event (a vehicle collision or airbag deployment) — camera recordings remain anonymous and are not linked to you or your vehicle.

The falcon wing doors are by far the #1 reason my parents want to replace their X with an S. The doors open to inconsistent heights (they almost never open fully) and are therefore constantly causing bumped heads. They like higher ride, higher seats, bigger cargo space, but hate the "flashy, frustrating, and painful" falcon wings so much another x is off the table.

Put normal doors on the X: save a ton of money on motors, sensors, finnicky assembly alignment, and have a vehicle that appeals to more (or at least different) people. Heck, make falcon wings and normal doors like round and yoke. I bet my parents would pay an extra 10k for an X with normal doors (that probably cost tesla 5k less to make).

Anyway, the S is not useless - it's faster, more range, and has doors that don't try to assassinate you.
Like, although I can’t count how many times I’ve bumped my head on the lock thing in my S hatch door. Dang trifocals……….

Like, although I can’t count how many times I’ve bumped my head on the lock thing in my S hatch door. Dang trifocals……….
I'll have to stop reading this forum before I've had enough morning coffee. This is what I envisioned when I read your post:
trifocals.jpg

This is where Tesla should get ahead of the news and say they will investigate and take action against employees found breaching privacy.
The employees who were involved and contributed to the article are already ex-employees. For all we know, they we’re fired for this exact issue. What was most interesting, if the entirety of the article can be believed, a few of these ex-employees didn’t think anything they did was wrong. That is the state of humanity right there.

If I felt I needed to sue, I’d be specifically suing the person/people who affronted me so that they specifically understood their inappropriate actions have consequences.

As for what you want Tesla to say; it’s what every company says about everything an employee/employees have done of an egregious nature and comes across as nothing more than lip service at this point in historical time. Nobody ever believes it. It carries a lot more weight for Tesla to show what they’ve done to mitigate this happening in the future. I’ve no idea what that might be because people can always be counted on to be turds.

Would have loved to see Tesla replace Mercedes Benz as a sponsor of The Masters. Lots of first time EV buyers coming into the market over the next five years. They need to know why buying anything but a Tesla is a mistake.
As an intensive Masters watcher, I was shocked at the level of Mercedes EQ advertising. Given meager volumes, they must be assuming massive spillover effects and attempting to delay MB owners jumping to Tesla et al.

The new self check-out process at some of Amazon food stores is amazing: scan your credit card, walk into the store, pick up the items you want and walk out, that's it. I even tested putting back some items and they were not charged as expected. Now this is exactly like automated telephone switching.
Did this in Belgium 5 years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: unk45
Big sale today....(again).
:eek:
Or maybe just "mistakes?" Goldman Sachs would say this is just what "mistakes" look like throughout a trading session. I feel a lot better now that I know that a lot of share price fluctuations are merely "mistakes" in the order designations.

New corporate slogan: "Goldman Sachs, making mistakes since 1869!"

Aside from the price cuts there are macro things happening, expectations of a 25 bps hike next Fed meeting increased significantly after the jobs report on Friday and was not yet processed by equity markets since they were closed

Also have fresh news of Apple reporting a 40% decline in PC demand globally and TSMC revenue dropping for the first time in four years