Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Interstate Commerce matter really needs to go to SCOTUS.

From my trading platform's newsfeed - 15:43 EDT:
Tesla loses bid to overturn Louisiana's ban on direct car sales.
I don't understand what that means from a practical standpoint for somebody who wants to buy a Tesla in Louisiana. I do wonder if these laws haven't actually helped Tesla more than they've hurt us. As it is, legacy auto will never be able to jettison the millstone they all carry that is the dealership network.

Reminder that max pain is $173 with a call wall at $200 on triple witching half year summer sale potion brewing day in 2 weeks. MMs and shorts remain formidable and won't give up without a fight.
P&D coming in 1 month. If D is >P then 🚀. Otherwise, we may need to wait another quarter (or two 😱) for Cybertruck TAM big bang cause a car ain't real until people get a D...

Like Shiv, Kendall and Roman, I am not a serious person. Never knowingly bearish.
As resident hyper bull I decided to try out being a bit bearish a couple of weeks ago. How did that go? Let's just say that my bullet proof street cred around here may have been dented a little.
TSLA up 23% since I wrote this (just 2 weeks ago).

Needless to say, I am prepared to make further bearish comments but it will cost you. $1m per post will suffice. A drop in the ocean for you lot - ROI of 10,000%+ in 2 weeks. Let me know which fundraising site you are all comfortable with.

Off to Waymo motors club to prepare the assault - you all deserve my very best.

Ok, so if this is true is it really that big a deal?

Hint: it from roto-REUTERS... and I thought you were cynical. ;)

Tesla IS a Chinese company (and a German company, and soon a Mexican company). The ONE THING the Gov't of China wants mao than anything is EXPORTS. Other Chinese EVs are barely exported comparted to Tesla.

Of course Shanghai will support Tesla production expansion. REUTERS is lying. Again.

(that 50day SMA is inching on the cross of the 200)

The 50/200 day "Golden Cross" is currently tracking for next Friday, June 23, 2023:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2023-06-16.22-00.png

Mostly because the MA(200) moves very slowly, and the MA(50) is rising at the rate of about $1.50 per day right now. May provide a nice little boost for next Friday's Options expiry. ;)

Cheers to the longs!

The credit works exactly the same way as far as qualifications, the only change is you can transfer it to the dealer to apply toward the vehicle at time of sale.

If it turns out when you file your taxes you didn't actually qualify for that credit you took you'll be writing the IRS a check.

Given it's a non-refundable credit, that means it's not "giving" buyers any money at all, it's simply letting them keep more of their own money by reducing their tax burden.

This addresses the objections (well, all valid ones anyway) about other people "subsidizing" EV buyers- they're not.

But it's also why if you HAVE no tax burden there's nothing to reduce.

Most folks buying a new car will have one though (and many others can create one in various ways like a roth conversion, recognizing some cap gains in profitable investments, etc)
Thanks mate! That's what I thought but never hurts to ask. And I think you might be surprised at how many people don't owe any Fed taxes, especially us retired folks. A pure rebate would have been much better to increase sales of BEV's, but it probably would have been more difficult to pass the legislature.

Not to be the downer of the party, amazing progress, but not much on term of vehicles, I will wait for CleanerWatt video since he has been keeping track of production pretty close

If those cells are going into Model Y and that number are only from good cells, this is around 11500 4680 Model Ys

If they are 4680 V2 and that is being set aside for Cybertruck, this is around 5000 Cybertrucks with 500 miles of range

Looking forward to the 100 million mark and hope it comes soon, which would be a really good sign for the ramp

So expect a lot of people outside the US, without FSDBeta to basically discount its value to zero until they fix super basic stuff like this. Its embarrasing to hear elon talk about achieving FSD this year when a new Tesla cannot see a brick wall a foot in front of it, or know when to turn wipers on...

... and yet not a single word about European Regulators which are preventing FSD Beta from being deployed in those countries. Truly embarrassing.

This Interstate Commerce matter really needs to go to SCOTUS.

From my trading platform's newsfeed - 15:43 EDT:
Tesla loses bid to overturn Louisiana's ban on direct car sales.

Lol, BREAKING NEWS... 17 min before the Close on Triple-witching Friday. :p

TSLA.2023-06-16.16-00.png

@Papafox Look at that Closing Cross Volume! 11.9M shares traded in the 4:00 pm minute!

Macros sunk today w. QQQ's Opening at the intraday High, then Closing near the intraday Low:

QQQ.2023-06-16.16-00.png

Cheers to the TSLA Longs!

I'm going to start my own company...I'll call it PPM. (Power Point Motors).

First car will have our new dilithium crystal Mr fusion super capacitors that have unlimited range and never need charging.

Plan on mass production in 2026...gotta beat Toyota to the market.

First round of funding is open.
Send cash to A sucker born every minute dot com.

1686963480979.png