Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's also compare costs of a cord with a plug, to a building containing a huge lift capable of moving a thousand pounds which also incorporated powered sockets and cameras to ensure proper disconnect and re-connection, a storage area filled with batteries kept at 90% charge and some way to certify that you would get your new, carefully maintained battery back on the return trip and not one that had been over charged and over discharged for six years, said building to be maintained 24-7 with a live technician to keep small children out of the battery pit and the hydraulics. Oh, and we need a half-dozen so people don't have to wait in line, right?

There is no comparison. Supercharging is vastly superior, faster, and more usable.
That is certainly true for the general public. For a taxi or limo service (or some similar 7x24 operation). battery swapping makes sense because the cars can be kept on the road while the spare battery charges. Assumes comparison to V2 chargers. V3 the benefit is not so clear.

I can't quite understand your point of view. Most of us only need supercharging a couple times a year, and I would NOT want someone else's battery at a swap station. I was out a week ago, 100 miles from home, and noticed I only had 100 miles of range. Of course, I pulled into a SC and filled about ten minutes. I chose a stall that was not paired and left with nearly 200 miles. A swap station could not have even gotten permission to be built at the shopping center I used.
I use Supercharging on trips. Typically two or three times a year. However, each trip has a minimum of ten to fifteen Supercharges. Some have more. However, almost all charges take fifteen minutes plus or minus a couple except where there is a Supercharge missing and it's 200 miles instead of 100 or 150 miles. Then it takes 40 to 45 minutes. A swap station does not help this kind of trip.

Last edited:
The ratings agency's are a complete joke. Zero credibility...ZERO. If they change the rating it will be at the direction of their overlord's.
Not because of fundamental changes in TESLA valuation.

Yes I understand this is how the "game" is played....and yes it makes me sick/
While I agree that in a lot of cases the external rating agencies are of limited use, not everything you dislike about life is a conspiracy.

Moody’s corporate rating model is fairly standard and uncontroversial. It will be penalising Tesla for never having had a profitable year, a current ratio substantially less than 1, negative free cashflow and very high leverage (most especially on an earnings basis). The other important factor in the rating is the industry score, which is used as the anchor rating for companies in that industry. Auto producers score poorly here too.

The agencies are reactive rather than proactive. A couple of quarters of improved financial metrics won’t be enough to significantly lift the rating, Tesla needs to sustain improved financial performance over a complete 12-month period.

In the past year my P85D needed

Steering wheel scrollers replaced
Battery Contactors replaced
Roof Replacement (leaking)
Rear seats replacement due to leaks

Currently in service to fix door handles that don’t retract.

I live 15 miles from a service center. I’m fine with all of this since I love the car and service is great. I can’t imagine someone 250 miles away being fine with this.

Ha, my kingdom to be only 250 miles from a service center. :)

(Try 400)

One question for Skabooshka:

If you’re so certain Tesla will fail, why do you need to try so hard to make them fail?
That loon's Twitter feed reads like a convention of juvenile delinquents. The little thugs are cheering him on. Hopefully he gets some mental help or a prison sentence. Are any of these idiots actual adults? Smeagle has his office in his bathroom. I'm pretty sure my kids won't be losers like this, but it is scary how many there are.

While I agree that in a lot of cases the external rating agencies are of limited use, not everything you dislike about life is a conspiracy.

Moody’s corporate rating model is fairly standard and uncontroversial. It will be penalising Tesla for never having had a profitable year, a current ratio substantially less than 1, negative free cashflow and very high leverage (most especially on an earnings basis). The other important factor in the rating is the industry score, which is used as the anchor rating for companies in that industry. Auto producers score poorly here too.

The agencies are reactive rather than proactive. A couple of quarters of improved financial metrics won’t be enough to significantly lift the rating, Tesla needs to sustain improved financial performance over a complete 12-month period.

Hard to have any faith in these "fine" people.

Moody’s to Pay $864 Million to Settle Inquiry Into Inflated Ratings

Why You Shouldn't Trust Ratings From Rating Agencies

What’s (Still) Wrong with Credit Ratings

Tesla seeking a restraining order against well-known Tesla short Skabooshka:

View attachment 398974

Almost certainly has to do with what I publicized here, where shorts were discussing trying to swerve into FSD cars, hoping to make them crash:

Nafnlaus on Twitter

Skabooshka was the one tracking the vehicle's route and sharing it with the other shorts during that discussion.

ED: More info on the application here:

Adobe Document Cloud

Apparently it's worse than that - he'd been trespassing on Tesla property, then hit one of their security guards with his car, fled the scene, then evaded police attempts to serve him a notice of trespass. And during the FSD filming, he was personally attempting to swerve into the vehicle. Not just a hypothetical. Actually triggered the side collision crash avoidance system.
This whole Tesla story really needs to be made into a movie. It's pretty incredible. Who would have thought a movie about a company producing cars would be very exciting. It would involve spy planes, surveillance teams, sabotage, naked! shorting, SEC court actions, movie stars, rock stars, pedophiles (maybe?), billions and billions and billions of dollars, marijuana, the fastest cars on the planet, and maybe an epic short squeeze near the end???

This whole Tesla story really needs to be made into a movie. It's pretty incredible. Who would have thought a movie about a company producing cars would be very exciting. It would involve spy planes, surveillance teams, sabotage, naked! shorting, SEC court actions, movie stars, rock stars, pedophiles (maybe?), billions and billions and billions of dollars, marijuana, the fastest cars on the planet, and maybe an epic short squeeze near the end???

The way things are going, it's going to need to be a trilogy...

Sad as the Ranger program is far superior to going to a dealer. And possibly les costly as well.
I love the ranger service. I used it about 3 times over 3 years of owning my model S. It was fantastic. I think many people in Wisconsin prefer the security of having a nearby service center until they realize they don't really need it. Many would also probably test drive before buying, which is difficult here.

As a regular jokester on the thread, I’m more than capable of identifying one. Yours was not even close.
I never said I was good at telling jokes. But for the record, I don't think it's Justin's fault his countries currency is so weak vs the US dollar.. it's murica's! Fault for being so damn strong.

Seriously, read the document. Majorly messed up.

ED: Started a twitter thread on this. More people need to see it.

Nafnlaus on Twitter
i commented to someone and they were flabbergasted by this
...........vehicular assault, conspiracy to commit vehicular assault, reckless endangerment. ......this if true is so over the top it's beyond comprehension. I certainly hope local authorities are fully apprised of these shennigans