Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting article re: Porsche's future plans for the Taycan. Includes this tidbit about the base model.

But a sub-$100,000 base Taycan is planned for the second half of 2020, Automotive News has learned. That single-motor model is expected to offer a smaller 79-kWh battery.

I wonder what kind of range they can eke out of that 79-kWh battery given their results from 93-kWh. Also, they're still clinging to tepid plans for electrifying their product lineup in the near future:

"By 2025, we expect more than 50 percent of all the [new] vehicles we sell worldwide will have a plug — either battery-electric or hybrid," Porsche Cars North America CEO Klaus Zellmer said.

Not only are their car plans mediocre (to be generous) in terms of electrification, but they are not shouting to the rooftops about charging networks. Why do all these highly paid executives not understand this simple concept? They bang on about charging speeds like its this one specification that they finally understand but dont realize that charging speed is only half (at best) of the story.

Knowing a new porsche can charge to full from empty in 5 minutes is totally and utterly USELESS if the nearest fast charging spot is 200 miles from my house.

I wont pay any attention to the claims and bragging and pizzaz thrown around by ANY EV maker until they start taking global rollout of charging networks even a tenth as seriously as tesla do.

Not only are their car plans mediocre (to be generous) in terms of electrification, but they are not shouting to the rooftops about charging networks. Why do all these highly paid executives not understand this simple concept? They bang on about charging speeds like its this one specification that they finally understand but dont realize that charging speed is only half (at best) of the story.

Knowing a new porsche can charge to full from empty in 5 minutes is totally and utterly USELESS if the nearest fast charging spot is 200 miles from my house.

I wont pay any attention to the claims and bragging and pizzaz thrown around by ANY EV maker until they start taking global rollout of charging networks even a tenth as seriously as tesla do.

The conspiracy against tesla from tslaq will be proven true if none of the journalist start questioning porche about the things they rambked on about tsla. First of which is yhe charging network. Queue Jeremy clatkson filming an episode about taycan running out of juice and needs to be towed.
The clock starts ticking now. How long did it took tsla to establish a supercharger netwotk after their roadster came out.

The chart so far is pretty hilarious. Just look at the chunks of relatively small sell orders evenly spread out to bring the share price back down from the early buying volume. They've repeated the sell orders 7 times already with pretty even spaced intervals
Yeah, she wants up bigly. Would not be shocked to see 235 today

Reactions: Artful Dodger
The chart so far is pretty hilarious. Just look at the chunks of relatively small sell orders evenly spread out to bring the share price back down from the early buying volume. They've repeated the sell orders 7 times already with pretty even spaced intervals
Not worth getting frustrated over. When revenue estimates get revised for 2020 you will see the stock rise

Market thread? Shares are up, are emerging delivery trends encouraging bigger investors back in? Did the GF3 phase 2 construction get some attention? We don’t know phase one production capacity and they’re already building phase 2. Phase 2 will likely not require a stamping press, only assembly, so it won’t take as long as phase 1, which is amazing.

Seems like steady accumulation is happening, which is harder for the sharts to fight. They can cap a daily trend, but large accumulation can’t be fought long term. Expect unexpected random hit pieces daily!

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA and SpaceCash

I can't imagine if they were able to contract out a substantial amount of GWh at less than $100/KWh that they would bother building out their own factory. What probably happened is they signed a 10-year agreement for X amount of batteries per year at like $99 KWh at the cell level. So their supplier knows that this is probably a loss for the next 1-3 years but then a huge profit source years 4-10. They will likely have to pay some fee to break this agreement when(not if) battery prices make this a bad investment.