Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've started noticing people saying they are waiting to buy a Tesla until the million mile battery comes out. Do we think current vehicles are going very soon going to get updated chemistries /treatments (but not DBE or tabless) that given them less degradation? Would this be part 1 of the 2 part Battery Day(s)? 2nd would be increase in energy density, power input/output demoed by Plaid S and terawatt production plan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/30/spacex-nasa-launch-live-updates/?outputType=amp

I like this excerpt.

On board the spacecraft are two of NASA’s most experienced space travelers, Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley, both former military pilots who previously had each flown two missions on the Space Shuttle. But their ride to space this time was on a vastly different spacecraft, a fully autonomous, next-generation capsule outfitted with Tesla-like touchscreens and temperature controls that allow astronauts to keep the cabin at between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

If SpaceX/Tesla can manage autonomous driving to the International Space Station in outer space (at 17,000 mph), they can damn sure handle automotive traffic on surface streets.

Last edited:
Off topic..or is it...

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    145.6 KB · Views: 51

Of course this has nothing to do with demand for Model Y, but I question if the 4-8 weeks estimate on the Tesla website is accurate. I was told by a Tesla Advisor in the Stanford Mall store on Friday that if I order one today it will be September delivery. She actually recommended I go for a new Model X instead, since the price just lowered by $5000.

I have scheduled a test ride today and will ask again.

Of course this has nothing to do with demand for Model Y, but I question if the 4-8 weeks estimate on the Tesla website is accurate. I was told by a Tesla Advisor in the Stanford Mall store on Friday that if I order one today it will be September delivery. She actually recommended I go for a new Model X instead, since the price just lowered by $5000.

I have scheduled a test ride today and will ask again.

For what it's worth ordered my Model Y 12/22/2019 and made several updates - last one to add the tow hitch on 4/13. Then received txt messages from Tesla urging me to finalyze docs & financing as there were possibilities to get delivery mid to end of June. We shall see (still no VIN). And yes was tempted by the X once again but I'd miss the horizontal screen too much. Last Tesla before Cybertrck.

In other news received third party marketing email from the electrical company that did our Tesla charger work in NJ, and they are now official installer of Powerwalls. 10 min after I had contacted them my Tesla account page showed progress on our long standing PW order - would signal installers are/were the bottleneck at least in NJ?

For what it's worth ordered my Model Y 12/22/2019 and made several updates - last one to add the tow hitch on 4/13. Then received txt messages from Tesla urging me to finalyze docs & financing as there were possibilities to get delivery mid to end of June. We shall see (still no VIN). And yes was tempted by the X once again but I'd miss the horizontal screen too much. Last Tesla before Cybertrck.

Exactly my sentiment. I think Model X sales may get a boost from the NASA SpaceX launch show-off. If I go for a new X instead of Y it will definitely be white color with white seats. Debating the red worm sticker...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/30/spacex-nasa-launch-live-updates/?outputType=amp

I like this excerpt.

On board the spacecraft are two of NASA’s most experienced space travelers, Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley, both former military pilots who previously had each flown two missions on the Space Shuttle. But their ride to space this time was on a vastly different spacecraft, a fully autonomous, next-generation capsule outfitted with Tesla-like touchscreens and temperature controls that allow astronauts to keep the cabin at between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

If SpaceX/Tesla can manage autonomous driving to the International Space Station in outer space (at 17,000 mph), they can damn sure handle automotive traffic on surface streets.
Also notice this is from an outlet owned by Jeff from AMZN.