Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a deep breath and jump back in - that is the only way to get back in the game.

We made the same mistake on Apple. We owned 2 iPods early 2000s and loved them. When iPhone cane out in 2007, we both purchased around thanksgiving. That was such a superior product to anything out there that we purchased 300 shares of AAPL. Well just over an year later the price had doubled and my husband insisted that there was no further growth and we sold. Then every time I wanted to buy again, he felt it was too expensive- so we never got back in. Think of what 300 shares from 2007 would be worth today.

I decided to start managing my own retirement investments myself in 2013 - the very first stock I purchased was AAPL! It has done very well since then too.

Better late than never I say.
You need to get a smarter husband. Or one who shuts up and stays out of your way. Or at least maybe your own investing account.

08:00 a.m. Whistle: Fri, 10 Jul 2020
  • NASDAQ-100 Futures: +12.50 +0.12% 09:04:34 ET
  • TSLA share price: 1399.90 +$5.62 +0.40%
  • NASDAQ Pre-market Volume: 80,006 @ 08:00 ET
TSLA.2020-07-10.08-00.png

Comment: "Pre-Market High $1,408.50 @ 07:15 ET"

Cheers!

OT: NKLA update... I just covered my short at $54. Shorted at $70. Not sure if I made any money because of this from ETrade...

The borrow rate for a hard-to-borrow security in your account below is above 25%.

Security:
NKLA
New borrow rate: 767.50%

The rate has gone from 2xx% to 7xx% in the 4 weeks I was short. I'll stick with my TSLA shares and options.

But if you bought NIO at $6.8 like ten days ago, you would have doubled your money. Better than Tesla during the same period. I kicked myself for not buying more with my MSFT money.
If your anticipation to TSLA is only 2500-3500 , you probably can find a better stock, if above $5000, then now is the time to buy back.

I think there is a false equivalency happening when the short-term appreciation of NIO and TSLA are compared directly. Ten days? Really? One of the most attractive things about TSLA as an investment to my way of thinking is it's long-term value. Even if you are unlucky and buy in at the all-time high right before the entire market corrects and valuations deflate, TSLA has the bones, the company DNA and the market opportunity and position to "grow itself out of the hole" before you have too much time to regret your decision. It's simply not comparable to most stocks that might have a month (or less) of exceptional market performance under it's belt.

OT: NKLA update... I just covered my short at $54. Shorted at $70. Not sure if I made any money because of this from ETrade...

The borrow rate for a hard-to-borrow security in your account below is above 25%.

Security:
NKLA
New borrow rate: 767.50%

The rate has gone from 2xx% to 7xx% in the 4 weeks I was short. I'll stick with my TSLA shares and options.

NKLA PUTS still intact, but with losses. Thinking it did a Head Fake past 2 days due to MS Stanley note. The warrants are still in play.
cheers!!