Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The oil industry strikes back, via their captive government.

Trump administration moves to squash "socially responsible" investing - CBS News

Excerpts:

The Trump Administration is moving to dramatically curtail "socially responsible" investments, an area that has seen a surge of interest in recent years amid mounting alarm about climate change.

The Department of Labor is proposing to change a rule governing employee retirement plans to discourage money managers from so-called socially responsible investing. Under the plan, employers and others who run 401(k) or pension plans would be required to consider only the financial return an investment offers — not other factors such as its environmental impact. The proposal also bars Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investments from being the default choice in any public or private retirement plan.

The rule, which potentially affects more than $10 trillion held in U.S. retirement plans, poses "the biggest single threat that the responsible investment industry faces," according to Fiona Reynolds, CEO of Principles for Responsible Investing, a United Nations-affiliated investor initiative.

The Trump Administration has made it clear that it sees ESG as a threat to investment in fossil fuels. In an 2019 executive order aimed at encouraging fossil-fuel development, the White House asked the Department of Labor to report on "trends in energy investments" by retirement plans, and to review rules regarding such plans. More recently, President Donald Trump has accused banks that declined to fund oil and gas development of "discriminating against these great energy companies."

The rule is open for public comment until July 30. More than 150 comments have been submitted so far, though none have been made public.​
Well, I can only hope that accelerates the demise of coal etc. (and forces people to invest in Tesla instead of ICE makers)

This is ridiculous. Nobody wants to invest money into oil, so Trump's going to force people to put money into oil? That's absurd.

What's next? Is he going to force people to eat food they don't like? Force them to watch reruns of The Apprentice at least once a week?
As ubiquitous as these "feel good funds" seem, the reality of things is that investor flock to money. Period.

Oil is done, from an investment stabdoint, and the big money knows this. That's why we saw major ripples in the fracking world last fall and IMO is half the reason TSLA popped and then re-popped starting in October.

The world has shifted. Requiring funds to "consider only the financial return an investment offers" is precisely what they're already doing and will continue to do forever. In fact, implementing something like this could actually help streamline things by weeding out all of the fluff and funneling investment to the most robust and efficient options in energy.

https://twitter.com/nikolatrevor/status/1283425947199221761?s=21

OMG this is funny. Milton claims this is 0-60 in under 5 secs. It’s 10 seconds from the start of the video until the guy says “there it is”.

Let’s say, using Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, that the truck was so fast that time dilated to the point that 5 seconds on earth were recorded as 10 seconds in the truck a la “Contact”.

If so, how many of us believe he’s going 60mph when he says “there it is”, heading right toward that structure?

My God there are so many stupid people on earth that I think it’s seriously going to drive me bat-sh*t crazy. Trump support still around 40%, people not wearing masks, people believing Milton’s magic show....Really. I am genuinely losing my sh*t upon the realization of the stupidity on this planet.

I just booked a one-way coach ticket on a Falcon 9 to some place called “LEO”. Hmm. Sounds nice and exotic! Adios everyone. It will be lonely up there, but the vacuum of space will be smarter than these jackwagons so at least I’ll have some intellectual company up there.
d6c7bcdec5d1864879f8d66391f5588f.jpg

Wait what
That’s an actual real picture, not photoshopped????
I avoid news as much as possible, my life is less stressed that way. Anyone care to ‘enlighten’ me, so I don’t need to read MMM news? Maybe keep it related to Tesla so mods don’t get annoyed
Goya CEO praised Trump. Activists called for a boycott and Trump responded with that. To keep this Tesla related...... the Donald once owned a roadster :rolleyes:

Baird raises their price target on TSLA to $984 from $700, maintains Neutral rating.

For Q2, revenue est. of $6,218M, non-GAAP/GAAP EPS est. of $1.05 and $0.02 respectively.

Of note, they highlight that of the $7.6B of recourse debt Tesla has, ~$3.7B is associated with convertible notes with the highest maturity converting at ~$360, which will further bolster Tesla's liquidity/cash position. Timely as I've seen others discuss this recently.

Baird raises their price target on TSLA to $984 from $700, maintains Neutral rating.

For Q2, revenue est. of $6,218M, non-GAAP/GAAP EPS est. of $1.05 and $0.02 respectively.

Of note, they highlight that of the $7.6B of recourse debt Tesla has, ~$3.7B is associated with convertible notes with the highest maturity converting at ~$360, which will further bolster Tesla's liquidity/cash position. Timely as I've seen others discuss this recently.

Does anyone here invest in TSLA convertible notes ? And do they make sense to buy ?

https://twitter.com/nikolatrevor/status/1283425947199221761?s=21

OMG this is funny. Milton claims this is 0-60 in under 5 secs. It’s 10 seconds from the start of the video until the guy says “there it is”.

Let’s say, using Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, that the truck was so fast that time dilated to the point that 5 seconds on earth were recorded as 10 seconds in the truck a la “Contact”.

If so, how many of us believe he’s going 60mph when he says “there it is”, heading right toward that structure?

My God there are so many stupid people on earth that I think it’s seriously going to drive me bat-sh*t crazy. Trump support still around 40%, people not wearing masks, people believing Milton’s magic show....Really. I am genuinely losing my sh*t upon the realization of the stupidity on this planet.

I just booked a one-way coach ticket on a Falcon 9 to some place called “LEO”. Hmm. Sounds nice and exotic! Adios everyone. It will be lonely up there, but the vacuum of space will be smarter than these jackwagons so at least I’ll have some intellectual company up there.

That’s one heck of a private island.

Goya CEO praised Trump. Activists called for a boycott and Trump responded with that. To keep this Tesla related...... the Donald once owned a roadster :rolleyes:
Couldn’t decide if I should give this a like or informative or funny. Finally decided on funny - because I really don’t ‘like’ the info - but that is not your fault.
Mods, we really need more options on the buttons :oops::oops:

Reactions: kanweg
Couldn’t decide if I should give this a like or informative or funny. Finally decided on funny - because I really don’t ‘like’ the info - but that is not your fault.
Mods, we really need more options on the buttons :oops::oops:
Iv'e got a question about this. How 'like' a post? I'm quite new to the forums and on mobile. But I can't figure out how to use these buttons you're talking about at all, because I don't see them :(