Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, lets talk Ford...
  • under DOJ criminal investigation for emissions certification
  • brag they'll have "100 self-driving cars on the roads by the end of this year"
  • up 8% on the news that they sold more pickups
That's the reality folks. F*ck anything else, it's the sales that matter...

F: Ford Motor Co - Stock Quote and News - CNBC

Cash on hand is same level as June 2018 and now there is 500 Mio worth more inventory with accounts payable "only" 200 Mio higher with a positive Q2 cash flow from solar recognised (see previous pages) ; yet they didn't raise then.
They only had Model 3 to build, next year they want to build Semi, Roadster, and Y. There is no way they can do that and ramp up Model 3 production without raising capital someway somehow

It's interesting how people can view the same situations and see radically different outcomes. I guess that is at the heart of investing in general and TSLA specifically. The difference between Jim Chanos and Cathie Wood. I am looking at jumping back in once my retirement is squared away in May. I see this as an opportunity to get back in at a ridiculously undervalued price. I guess one of us is right and one of us is wrong and only time will tell which.

Good luck to you.

Dan

Or maybe somewhere in between. My problem with Chanos and Wood is that neither gives adequate weight (if any) to information or data that runs counter to their thesis. At least publicly. To me that makes them both spin meisters. Chanos thinks Tesla is going to $0; Wood's bear case is $700 vs $4,000 bull scenario. And yet she trades around the stock constantly. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Buy low, sell high and all that, and I very much appreciate ARK's real time transparency, but her actions don't always mirror her public pronouncements. Chanos has zero credibility and worse, zero transparency.

Rather than compare Wood to Chanos, I would look at the difference between Wood and Ron Baron. Both Uber bulls. IIRC, Baron bought TSLA around 2014 with an average price of $219. AFAIK, he hasn't traded around the stock. He makes many of the same arguments as Cathie Wood. Which one do you think has had a greater return on their investment? If I were to think in terms of the "right" vs "wrong" approach to the stock, that would be my comparison.

Just an observation, not advice.