Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla wants a bigger cash buffer, and made a mistake last time of not doing so when the stock was strong.

"Tesla intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to further strengthen its balance sheet, as well as for general corporate purposes."

Yep, the purpose is rather opaque:

"Tesla intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to further strengthen its balance sheet, as well as for general corporate purposes."​

But I suspect we will learn more at Battery Day at Giga New York ...

Tesla wants a bigger cash buffer, and made a mistake last time of not doing so when the stock was strong.

"Tesla intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to further strengthen its balance sheet, as well as for general corporate purposes."

Sure, but I struggle to see how it would make the stock fall, it's just a small dilution...

GF4: still waiting on clearance.

@GF4Tesla..️️.build #GigaBerlin. on Twitter

EQqD8d0WoAIM9TU

Lots of people being paid to stand around on standby. They clearly think this is going to happen today.

Conspiracy:

Tesla will use the money to buy Panasonic's side of Giga 1, so that they can incorporate their new battery technologies?

Excellent theory. I was thinking that the only possible reason for a 'company day' is to announce a spin-off or major purchase / partnership. Anything else would just be covered at the shareholder meeting which is only two months later.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
...wait, why?

Didn't Musk just say that Tesla wasn't able to spend all of their cash? Why raise money now?
Exactly someone said: "Elon is Elon". Can't trust everything he says. That's what the bears been talking about. Now he just confirm it. Very disappointed. In one hand, "We don't need to raise cash", and then issue more shares.