Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree... the retail investor that went through this period has been hardened into a very resilient long.

For me, owning and using the product daily has shown me the value of understanding where the company is headed from first hand experience. I am referring to the software updates, improvements in NOA, and the repeated good service experiences, for 2 cars.

Q.

The NASDAQ and SEC should know exactly who dumped 2 million shares 13 minutes before closing last Tuesday. Why don't they act to stop it? Is it legal to "Cramer" a stock?
It's legal as long as it's not enforced. To the SEC this behaviour is like driving 5 mph over the speed limit.

This is more of a technical flush out than news driven. Traders and shorts have been waiting for any negative news to start selling en masse. Guess we’ll see 500s/600s before swinging higher. Remember, this is one of the most traded stocks in existence

Not sure about the 500s, barring bad macros / bad Q1, but amen to the last sentence. Good traders make money from volatility, and we all know what the most volatile big market cap stock is.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
For the record: what's triggered this freakout is the stock being down after hours a whopping... checks the graph... 3 percent. I mean, oh no, the stock hasn't been this low since... checks the graph again... last Friday.

I'm with Artful Dodger. How can this faze anyone? Everyone should be sitting on a big pile of cash right about now - what's 3%? Sure, I prefer my volatility in the upwards direction rather than the downwards, but I'll take either, because none of what's going on affects the long-term picture. I gladly exploit the volatility to re-buy sold calls at local lows and re-sell them at local highs. Today will be the buying-end of that picture. :)

If people want to misinterpret a change in disease measurement standard as a spontaneous spike, and pretend like 15k 30-minute bolt replacements (perhaps half a million dollars) will bankrupt the company, by all means, go ahead!

Indeed. At the local high yesterday I sold a $805 Friday call - $1500 in my account, thank you very much. I will look to re-buy that this morning for around $1, maybe.

Then, thanks to the shares I bought in after-market for $750, I will look to sell a borderline O/ITM call and not care whether it gets exercised, or not, more cash. Rinse/repeat.

Core shares stay put (no pun intended).

And Bosch will both pay for the bolts AND for Tesla's standard hourly rate for doing the work, same as they did with the Model S recall.

Do you have any data about how many vehicles Ford is selling, their current CO₂ levels and how many Mach-E's they'd have to sell in Europe this year to face no penalties? Their current ZEV offerings are essentially zero, right?
I’ll see it I have some time today to take a crack at that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fact Checking