Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone does comparison from 2013 rise in stock price from 50 to 190, to what we recently just had in 2020?
If we have similar price increase, by beginning of May on the low side it will be 1200-ish SP, and high side of 1650-1700 stock price.

I'm pointing out to the fact that, we can still have much more upside short term.

Good luck to all longs today.

In case this is one of those triple-digit-swinging-50-million-shares-traded days I would like to remind everyone to try and watch the company instead of your account balances. I was quite tempted to sell some over $900 but caught myself with the reminder that Tesla was pretty much the same company doing the same things as it was at $180 less than a year ago, and that in three to five years TSLA we will be looking at $960 the same way we now look at $180 in 2013 and $420 two months ago: "They were so cute at that age."

Sure, take a little extra and roll the dice on short term moves, but the best move for most of us is to watch the company and the auto/energy markets rather than the stock price. The news since Friday has been the usual mix of positive and negative, so likely what will move the stock price are emotion, opinion, and manipulation rather than anything material at the company or with potential Tesla customers. The only reason to sell is if you need the money now.

If anything, be a buyer.

Jay Leno's Garage on the Porsche, 16.40 in they talk about the Battery.

Jay
The range is just over 200 miles, other electric cars have more miles, what is the reason for that, to balance battery life with,, Doesn't finish.

Porsche guy
All the above, then talks about longevity, people would rather have real world longevity than a couple of extra miles.
Talks about extreme conditions and how temperature effects batteries, ect..

I would rather have the almost 400 mile range of raven and Tesla's ACTUAL Real World Longevity. The more competitors that come out with sub par rated miles the better it is for Tesla's share price and can't wait for battery day.

I'm in the camp that Tesla should advertise just to stop the media manipulations and get media outlets on the side of Tesla vs trying to destroy it. If advertisement can reduce negative headlines by 50% then it'll be a win in my book.

In case you hadn't noticed that's already happening, without any advertising. Reality is forcing the talking heads to start being more positive about Tesla or look increasingly stupid, something they can't afford.

The CATL LFP rumor is a surprise but not impossible for at least the SR Model 3. NCA cell level 260Wh/kg gets cut down to around 150Wh/kg at the pack level, the more stable and durable LFP could get away with less armor and possibly less cooling to keep the pack level density reasonable for a short range version. Or the rumor could be wrong.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ and capster
only three articles about the Taycan fire that come up in google news o_O.... no bias at allView attachment 512373

Bloomberg just picked up the story (they cite Electrek). IMO Electrk's story was muted and took a shot at Tesla along the way. Perhaps looking to get a free Taycan?

btw: another report details that 130 Taycans have been sold in the USA to-date.

I'm in the camp that Tesla should advertise just to stop the media manipulations and get media outlets on the side of Tesla vs trying to destroy it. If advertisement can reduce negative headlines by 50% then it'll be a win in my book.

Buying off the press is not simple and straightforward.

Absolutely, in a situation like the Taycan fire, an editor might flag a questionable story (although it certainly IS a Taycan, even fans were debating), and ask her team to retrieve a comment from Porsche.

The advertising sales rep will fall over themselves to lead this outreach, since it probably IS a good reason for Porsche to increase their ad spend.

Whether that person‘s contact is with an agency or client direct, the response will be, “Please wait, we have more info coming your way.”

If Porsche is lucky, some other news will come along quickly, and after this pause, the eventual article will be reduced, or at least spun down with their official response. If Porsche takes too long, or the editor doesn’t want to wait, they will move forward, but only after cleaning any direct implications of company fault.

If the same thing were to happen with Tesla, there’s just no advertising relationship in place to initiate that “organic” suppression.

However, suppressing a bad story about an individual company is VERY different than encouraging articles that promote one advertising client at other client’s expense.

The truth is that Tesla is producing a superior product. The cost to media companies of telling that truth is not measured in what Tesla spends, but how much they stand to lose from the competition.

As such, getting Tesla’s truth out through traditional media is not just a matter of Tesla getting into the advertising game. They would need to dominate advertising revenue to dominate the narrative.

Start adding up the combined advertising budgets of the competitors to have an idea of how much money it would take to overcome this bias.

Good thing the products speak for themselves.

CATL's cell-to-pack architecture referenced in today's article seems to be talking about NMC numbers in this article:
CATL's latest innovative product platform, introduced at IAA 2019, improves battery pack development through process efficiency, cost savings and the need for fewer required parts. Using cell-to-pack (CTP) technology, which includes more than 70 core patents, CATL is able to increase mass energy density by 10-15%, improve volume utilization efficiency by 15-20% and reduce the amount of parts for battery packs by 40%.

Based on this brand-new product platform, and together with system improvements, the battery system energy density can increase from 180 Wh/kg to more than 200 Wh/kg. At the cell level, the energy density has already reached 240 Wh/kg in 2019, and by 2024 CATL aims to increase energy density to 350 Wh/kg.

Every time I see that "Are you a robot?" headline, I question my own reality a little bit more...

View attachment 512362

2933D317-7D5D-4BC2-9958-6811D229DEC4.jpeg