Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is driving pre-market.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Every time I see that "Are you a robot?" headline, I question my own reality a little bit more...

upload_2020-2-18_12-28-8.png

Gates is driving a Model X during his interview with Neal Stephenson in 2016.

They are driving a Model X belonging to author of Seveneves, while they leave behind Gate's 959.

Unbelievable to me that Gate's first EV is the Taycan while for years driving the slow (0-60 3.4, 1/4 mile 11.8) 959 instead of a Model S Performance.

Makes me question his other choices to pursue nuclear power and his health research program priorities.

upload_2020-2-18_7-26-55.png

OT
Why pay for advertising when EV enthusiasts do these for free?
“Engage”
I think part of the reason why Tesla captures so much passion and creativity is people see it as unbound by the old corporate ways of doing things. I foresee a hefty cost of Tesla making friends with the likes of CNN and CNBC: the disappearance of videos like this.

This is wrong because 1. Tesla would have to pay about double what VW is paying to change the agenda, maybe more. 2. Tesla would be bringing up negative points that non-CNBC viewers probably never heard of, or heard of and forgot. Both would be very detrimental to Tesla.

A customer is a customer. No one at cnbc thinks Tesla will bring down VW. So meaningful revenue from Tesla can potentially stop negative press. What Tesla need to calculate is how much $ they have to pay to offset the revenue generated from negative headlines since everyone loves to click on anything Tesla too much. So it has nothing to do with VW but more to do with their own popularity. This number maybe significant and also maybe bad press is also worth something to Tesla as well.

Good thoughts and of course I mean "safe" in a relative sense. Nothing in this world is truly "safe"; Otm call options are a gamble don't invest more than you're comfortable losing not advice yadda yadda yadda

But seriously I can't see share price NOT passing 1200 by Jan 2022.

For historical reference, I bought shares in 2013 @ $180 and I bought shares in 2019 @ $180. You never know where the price may go.

There is a difference between "deriving" value from what you already have and continuing to innovate and create new value.

Tesla would completely stagnate under Tim Cook, it would not be pretty.
Yes you captured my intent exactly with your counter argument. Hence no counter argument was necessary. Pls consider derive bear case; Elon Musk is bull case.

And bear case is still strong...

Reactions: StealthP3D
Jaguar halts electric SUV over battery shortages

Jaguar is halting production of the £61,000 SUV at a factory in Graz, Austria, for a week from Monday next week because of a shortage of lithium-ion batteries.

The I-Pace’s batteries are supplied by South Korean electronics giant LG Chem, which makes them at a factory in Wroclaw, Poland.

Source: Jaguar halts electric SUV over battery shortages | Business | The Sunday Times

My highlighting - do these cretins not understand that most developed countries are banning ICE starting in 2030? Furthermore, Tesla is historically growing 50% annually, if this trajectory continues, this would represent around 47 million Teslas per year by then (367k x 1.5^10 - amirite?)

The new bull scenario is based on an “aggressive assumption” that Tesla could win 30% of the global electric-vehicle market, Jonas wrote in a report to clients. This would include 4 million car deliveries by 2030 plus the potential for Tesla to supply powertrains, including batteries and electric motors, to other auto manufacturers. In 2019, the company handed over 367,500 vehicles to customers.

Lol.

The company is currently building enough capacity for like 2 million units by ~2023, and he thinks they're going to pull their foot off the gas and only go to 4 million over the next 7 years?