Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
only three articles about the Taycan fire that come up in google news o_O.... no bias at allView attachment 512373
And that's only because your search phrase was "taycan fire". If you instead try "Porsche Taycan", the first link is a Porsche ad, and all the news stories are about Bill Gates's interview. Plus other links to reviews etc. Nothing about any fire, whatchatalkinabout?

I never knew there were so many Porsche fans - or ignorant people in the world. Read the comments on this article. It's amazing how many people think Porsche has better engineering than Tesla - despite the fact that that the Model S gets 189 more miles of range using the same size battery WHILE still out-performing it.

Elon Musk Calls Bill Gates Underwhelming After Billionaire Buys a Porsche

Manipulators gunna manipulate. I'm going to buy and hodl.

But man it is so transparent to watch the manipulations.

Yes, the "signal" has been given: a "famous" analyst from MS upgraded his PT and bull case, therefore things are good with the company (that's how the reasoning goes), and the message is reinforced by some big institutional investors going for it. Remember, however, that the Big Boys make money on volatility -- whether short term (intra-day) or medium term (days to weeks) -- so we will at some point not long from now witness some other "famous" analyst giving the opposite signal. Long term, it doesn't matter.

I never knew there were so many Porsche fans - or ignorant people in the world. Read the comments on this article. It's amazing how many people think Porsche has better engineering than Tesla - despite the fact that that the Model S gets 189 more miles of range using the same size battery WHILE still out-performing it.

You really need to head up I-16 to the ATL and just hang out more.

In case you hadn't noticed that's already happening, without any advertising. Reality is forcing the talking heads to start being more positive about Tesla or look increasingly stupid, something they can't afford.
Have all your bases covered and buy yourself the best shot. At the end of the day Tesla needs all the help it can get so it doesn't hurt to have the media on your side vs cherry picking random negative facts about your company. Negative headlines does not help climate change or Elon's mission.

My highlighting - do these cretins not understand that most developed countries are banning ICE starting in 2030? Furthermore, Tesla is historically growing 50% annually, if this trajectory continues, this would represent around 47 million Teslas per year by then (367k x 1.5^10 - amirite?)

The new bull scenario is based on an “aggressive assumption” that Tesla could win 30% of the global electric-vehicle market, Jonas wrote in a report to clients. This would include 4 million car deliveries by 2030 plus the potential for Tesla to supply powertrains, including batteries and electric motors, to other auto manufacturers. In 2019, the company handed over 367,500 vehicles to customers.

That is awesome that is a bull case, because I think 4 million by 2025 is more likely. That is not counting Semi and my assumption that Tesla Energy will start growing this year and should grow faster than the auto business for the next 5 years.

Have all your bases covered and buy yourself the best shot. At the end of the day Tesla needs all the help it can get so it doesn't hurt to have the media on your side vs cherry picking random negative facts about your company. Negative headlines does not help climate change or Elon's mission.
Amazon should open up brick and mortar in every market it serves.

I would bet 75% of Americans have no idea Porsche Taycan is an all electric car.

Try 95% of all Americans have no idea Porsche Taycan is an EV. We are still in the early days of the transition to EV's.

Don't let the expertise available here cause you to over-estimate the EV knowledge of the average person.

The headline is such a misquote too. In the article it says Musk replied: “My conversations with Gates have been underwhelming tbh.”. Quite different from calling Gates underwhelming