Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, I'm back from my self-imposed ban (*grumbles about mods*). Too many shady suspects have returned for me to stay away. Also, this is the best Tesla community on the web.

Anyway, thought I'd share some info I haven't seen posted anywhere else. Nothing earth-shattering.

I decided to play with the "Edit Design" option under my model Y reservation. First, all options have range listed as NaN (not a number). Sorta makes sense at this point, since Tesla hasn't officially released range numbers. Front end guys could have done a little better job in their description, though.

Second, there's a note that "Standard range production is expected to begin early 2021." For those unfamiliar, if you try to order a Model Y right now, there are only two options - AWD and AWD Performance. When I placed my order last year, I made a reservation for the LR RWD. My configuration still shows LR RWD. My guess is, Model Y will follow the same builds as the 3. SR+, AWD, and AWD Performance.

I got one of the last LR RWD model 3's last year and I'm excited about possibly getting one of a limited number of LR RWD Model Y's this year. Collector's items? We'll find out!

Also, I've been adding to my TSLA shares during the drop. Hilarious watching people say things like "better wait for the bottom" when the top is going to reach new highs in the coming years. My cost basis is now something like $300, so of course it makes sense to add to my share count, even while increasing my average cost per share, considering I have high confidence in a much higher share price in the coming years.

*grumbles about mods some more*

With testing in the US limited, until recently, to only people that were in contact with an infected person, and cases popping up now in strange places like care facilities, I'm wondering if the virus hasn't been here for a while, undiagnosed. I wonder if sick people were just assumed to have had the flu a couple weeks ago. We might have a rapid increase in cases now that they are testing more liberally, and then data that shows lower death rate than previously thought. Hopefully the fear subsides soon.

Yes! That's what I think is the case. As far as the fear? Will take month or two despite the prez trying to pretend nothing is happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
They don't look as sharply down now as they did before. Seem to be recovering.
Disclaimer - First time ever to look at 'Futures'. Another new thing I learnt on this forum :D
It will be a battle every week until people get tired of hearing about a new case of corona in blank state. More testing done equals more cases. A reliable vaccine will help,

But I look for a bounce back in the short term, if the bounce back is significant then I think we get another sell off on quarterly reports having any revenue loss from coronavirus (Tesla I hope surprises on the positive side) investors will enjoy trying to time a bottom. However I hope and think by summer we are not discussing this as much. The election will likely dominate coverage at that point. My only wish is that Tesla’s accomplishments dictate where we go in the markets, there is a lot to like in the company at the moment.

I'm going to need a source on that. That's a ridiculous assumption to make.
Algobots likely respond to number of views and clicks, not necessarily on the veracity of the information. Presumably the algobot(s) are working to make money, reacting to 'news' and 'forecasts' which favor either direction, so as to maximize profit. When there is expected slow YOY growth, the algobot would not react, and hence not make any revenue. This is all hypothetical, but if i wrote an algorithm to react to market sentiment in order to maximize the user profit that is what i would do.

Tesla starts shipping Model Y truckloads out of the factory - Electrek

Remember there is going to be a jump in the share price when the media finally starts reporting on imminent Model Y deliveries. CNBC, Bloomberg, Yahoo, and Reuters have said nothing so far. Maybe seeing cars on transport trucks will finally get them to do their jobs.
Herein lies the dilemma for our time, do 'news' outlets report all 'news' or selectively report news that benefits their sponsors, and hence provides increased profit to 'news' outlet organizations.

Herein lies the dilemma for our time, do 'news' outlets report all 'news' or selectively report news that benefits their sponsors, and hence provides increased profit to 'news' outlet organizations.
A 70 yr old just died from the virus. This will be heavily reported and the opening story tomorrow I’m sure. It’s sad, but older people tend to not be able to fight the flu late in their life. This virus isn’t unique in who it kills. But like you said the media now controls the narrative on what we should think

Is it really a dilemma? You can clearly see it everyday on TV. It’s just not explicitly stated in a disclaimer at the bottom for viewers.

Money can move mountains, both figuratively and literally.

Reactions: flabellina