Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the thing, I've been through most of it almost since the beginning and I've never seen anything on the same level from him. I've disagreed with him at times before but this is next level stuff.

I can't get the Ark graphic to post, showing central-US Cybertruck interest. Elon's also in the middle of GF selection and probably not happy with the liberal ring, of "Tesla". So, he's more vocal (about what he partially agrees with, anyway): Freedom, "WTF" and other sentiments from a group who largely don't own shares, who he wants to appeal to.

Maybe my thesis is wrong, but LOL to the idea Musk has lost it. The stress absolutely does not compare to 2013, or M3 ramp. I'd put even odds the Board was involved with framing some of this communication. No material miss-statement.

no doubt about that. unfortunately the mission is bigger than himself. he is hurting employees and the company's ability to attract the best minds.

Come on, man. The best minds are with Tesla and SpaceX for the mission and the profit potential years from now. A two-hour stock dip of less than 10% does not hurt them.

Elon needs to grow a beard now to complete the transformation.

Jack Dorsey style.

557ae98269beddab4f9dba7e

The way I read his tweet:

1) Following his tweet about freeing america, he received criticisms that he cares more about money than people's well being by exposing them to the virus.
2) His tweet today speaks loud and clear: "You think I care about money? I don't."

What is likely in his mind:
- The current measures dealing with covid19 (and in his mind, unjustified by data he quoted) is more harmful than the disease itself. The impact to everyone employed in the supply chain and at Tesla due to disruption will have a larger damage to these people than the relatively speaking low risk of death presented by covid19.

Hope he had thought this through and is able to face the consequences. I can see why some institutional holder would demand the board to fire him as a CEO.

I can't get the Ark graphic to post, showing central-US Cybertruck interest. Elon's also in the middle of GF selection and probably not happy with the liberal ring, of "Tesla". So, he's more vocal (about what he partially agrees with, anyway): Freedom, "WTF" and other sentiments from a group who largely don't own shares, who he wants to appeal to.

Maybe my thesis is wrong, but LOL to the idea Musk has lost it. The stress absolutely does not compare to 2013, or M3 ramp. I'd put even odds the Board was involved with framing some of this communication. No material miss-statement.
I'd be everything I own that the board of Tesla was not consulted on whether to say that the SP is overvalued.

And this...ladies and gentlemen, is why I don’t day trade. Buy and hold!!!! Thanks for letting me get cheap shares again though. I hope it drops lower. Going to wait a bit yet because Q2 will be bad.
Yes, Q2 will be minus a few cars, but we did not hear anything about the impact of upgrades in Fremont that could boost capacity in Q2 + Q1 inventory + China ramping like crazy and at a higher sticker price, as I recall at the same time the China subsidies were dropped. The money will be there, and who says he's not opening the factory early?

My take on this whole thing is that Elon found the suggestion that he's pushing this for his own personal financial gain deeply offensive. He's known to have stated on numerous occasions that he hates being called a billionaire, and he sees money as simply a tool that helps him achieve what he's really into. Simple stuff, like securing the continued light of human consciousness...

Now, imagine this turns out to be him renouncing most of his wealth just to force the Bay Area (and possibly most of California) open again, because he just can't stand seeing hard-working people around him (his employees, his suppliers, his friends) going bankrupt or losing their businesses. You think he's an admired celebrity now... how many famous rich people would do this? Yes, the reason people admire Elon Musk is because he's laser-focused on what he thinks is important. And that's not money.

So he was butt hurt and decided to manipulate other peoples investments with one click of a button. Am I getting this right?

I simply love Elon,
for those who don't get it, the message is: ''fu@k the Wall Street''
and all the people that focus on money without understanding the underlying genius and vision.
He now can play with the media and the wall street as it pleases him.
And I totally get why, and long term followers of the guy should be able too
So... no panic

Yes. Exactly.

That's the thing, I've been through most of it almost since the beginning and I've never seen anything on the same level from him. I've disagreed with him at times before but this is next level stuff.

Well, there was that time a person insulted him by suggesting that he was doing something for self-promotion, so he accused them of being a pedophilic rapist.

I think that was worse. At least with this he's been posting links to articles to try to justify his position.

Reactions: LN1_Casey

Not buying any of that, not even a little. He's definitely lost it to some degree. No state looking for a GF bid is worried in the least about any "liberal ring".

You're freaking out, that's not Elon's fault. He clearly has his own freaking out to worry about.

Nothing is going to stop TSLA, the tech is too far ahead. All that's changed this week is that the far right is now more open to hearing about Tesla. That's good for sales(and the wider mission of transitioning to renewables+EVs).

What are you talking about. Of course it is his fault!

Of course I still believe in Tesla the company or else I would have dumped all. Having 20% of portfolio in one stock is still very high, now that Tesla is just a company. Tesla lost its special place in my heart.

He might have attracted some right win nuts but how many people he lost?

Most importantly I thought he is the very few who can look at large amount of information and derive his own clearly headed conclusion. Not fully believing the published data and argue for re-open with caution and protection is very sensible. Falling into the right wing echo chamber and his confirmation bias, just because he can't get what he wanted, and then going on rant that hurt employee moral and people who supported him all alone.

Not his fault? give me a break!

This is a possible explanation
Hydrogen Economy on Twitter

#tesla $TSLA if @elonmusk is double smart now, he will place next week a very large (7-10B$ )stock offering at large discount and below the 100B$ market cap. Main strait won’t like to hear 1B$ bonus when most had to swallow pay cuts. &26M people out of job. =bad advertising

I track and calculate both the 6-mth and 30-day closing SP average. I've got news for you: it's already in the bag. :)

TSLA.6-mtjhMktCap1Billion.2020-05-01.png

Paging @mongo @Prunesquallor @Hock1

Well, there was that time a person insulted him by suggesting that he was doing something for self-promotion, so he accused them of being a pedophilic rapist.

I think that was worse. At least with this he's been posting links to articles to try to justify his position.

To me the cave stuff was nothing compared to this.