Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, sold my short term stocks at a loss that I was intending to hold until Monday. Sigh.

Ok, so you should know better as should everyone else that Elon does not cater to short term investors or day traders. In fact, he pretty much despises them as much as the shorts. You’ve been warned several times in the past right from the horse’s mouth. Anyone who decides to not heed his warning deserves what they get.

I am laughing. Yes, I am. But I can find the funny in pretty much every situation. What’s funny here is people losing their minds because a) they haven’t really any idea what or who they’ve invested in as a whole, but they think they do, and b) they’re trying to make a quick buck on short term investing and trading, which the CEO openly does NOT support, but they think they can outsmart the market and the guy with the megaphone. And it’s funny because I can always count on Elon throwing gasoline on a bonfire just when you think you sit back and enjoy a margarita.

Yep, I’m okay with his tweets because I read the fine print and still agreed to the terms and conditions.

Buy and hold, peeps. Real easy. No stress.

I don't think that is accurate at all. We live in the Tesla bubble and laugh off things. The broader public (and auto market) just hears "Elon says quarantines are fascist and thinks his stock should be lower."

Reality isn't all there is when it comes to marketing a product or the stock market. Perception is a huge component.

Yes, but people will hear it. Some might even be intrigued to discover more about a company that tells people it may be overvalued.

Quarantines are by definition fascist. That is not to say that fascism does not have its place in times of crisis. The debate here should not be over whether he is correct concerning the fascism taking place (that is a slam dunk) but his strong belief that the current crisis does not warrant it.

As a resident and ‘essential’ worker in NYC, knowing people who have died, being among the first that I knew of to call for a shutdown, frustrated over the slow response and the complete failure of every level of government to show any sort of competence whatsoever, I believe we do need to reopen. People have always taken to the streets when starving. They just don’t care about the problem at that point. I fear that basic civilization may begin to unravel, and that is a very slippery slope.

I held my shares and added when the share price dipped below 190. If I cared about money that much I would be out long long time ago.

I invested too much because Elon was my hero. He was my hero because he spent his fortune with his blood and sweat on fighting climate change and advancing space travel. His vision and fact based tactic pushed Tesla to become the shining city on the hill today.

I can also understand his message of re-open with protection and caution.

Unfortunately, he began to cherry-pick "data" to prove his point, the "data" widely criticized by respected doctors and statisticians. It's the same way climate change deniers cherry-picking data to prove their point. It's the exact way TSLAQ folks cherry-picking "data" to hurt Tesla's mission.

And then he begin his rant to "prove" that he does not care about money. But he should know that Tesla and the mission are bigger than himself. I don't think he should care about share holders all that much. But he is hurting employees and driving potential buyers away.

I am seriously in pain. I did not know that losing a hero cause multiple stage of grief too. And facing the biggest tax bill in my lifetime next year won't help.
You're freaking out, that's not Elon's fault. He clearly has his own freaking out to worry about.

Nothing is going to stop TSLA, the tech is too far ahead. All that's changed this week is that the far right is now more open to hearing about Tesla. That's good for sales(and the wider mission of transitioning to renewables+EVs).

He's allowed to take a crap in his bathtub as well, but it wouldn't be particularly encouraging if he did.
... but you're complaining about him taking a crap in YOUR bathtub.

He did neither. It's not about money. It'a about building EVs. FREE-MONT!

Please feel free to get back to me when you get what he's trying to do, and why he's so passionate about it.

My take on this whole thing is that Elon found the suggestion that he's pushing this for his own personal financial gain deeply offensive. He's known to have stated on numerous occasions that he hates being called a billionaire, and he sees money as simply a tool that helps him achieve what he's really into. Simple stuff, like securing the continued light of human consciousness...

Now, imagine this turns out to be him renouncing most of his wealth just to force the Bay Area (and possibly most of California) open again, because he just can't stand seeing hard-working people around him (his employees, his suppliers, his friends) going bankrupt or losing their businesses. You think he's an admired celebrity now... how many famous rich people would do this? Yes, the reason people admire Elon Musk is because he's laser-focused on what he thinks is important. And that's not money.

For those of us freaking out a bit over this, here, listen to Rob Maurer's soothing voice.

To be honest the reactions from other shareholders have impacted me just as much. I'm concerned that there are many who will see something obviously stupid and self destructive and pretend it's ok, or even a good thing.

Yep, I’m okay with his tweets because I read the fine print and still agreed to the terms and conditions.

that's fine, do you think institutional shareholders will be ok with entrusting their money in a dude who believes 4chan level conspiracy theories? do you think the SEC doesn't see an easy target in a guy whose public approval has never been lower and just destroyed investor capital ?

I held my shares and added when the share price dipped below 190. If I cared about money that much I would be out long long time ago.

I invested too much because Elon was my hero. He was my hero because he spent his fortune with his blood and sweat on fighting climate change and advancing space travel. His vision and fact based tactic pushed Tesla to become the shining city on the hill today.

I can also understand his message of re-open with protection and caution.

Unfortunately, he began to cherry-pick "data" to prove his point, the "data" widely criticized by respected doctors and statisticians. It's the same way climate change deniers cherry-picking data to prove their point. It's the exact way TSLAQ folks cherry-picking "data" to hurt Tesla's mission.

And then he begin his rant to "prove" that he does not care about money. But he should know that Tesla and the mission are bigger than himself. I don't think he should care about share holders all that much. But he is hurting employees and driving potential buyers away.

I am seriously in pain. I did not know that losing a hero cause multiple stage of grief too. And facing the biggest tax bill in my lifetime next year won't help.

You will pay the taxes with your considerable profits.

His employees may be his biggest fans right now. Are you sure they feel he is hurting them?

Reactions: Krugerrand
Eleven pages since that tweet and no one stepped in to teach us how Elon is playing 4D chess and he's tweeting all this because he has ***a good heart***!?

I actually don't care that much about the SP: I bought TSLA 4 years ago and I want to see the f**king Semi out. Tesla is the only company that can put a serious dent the fossil fuel economy, and I want to be on the right side when this will happen.

Elon is even right that TSLA is overvalued, I just don't see the point in tweeting so because shorts and sharks and investors and employers are gonna be pissed... and rightly so.
I would hope that all this tweeting can teach this forum once and for all that Elon can be a dickhead, that he's not always reflecting on things, that his use of twitter is emotional at best and he's not always the smartest and kindest and wisest person on the planet. I would...

EDIT: I still think that the tone of his previous Covid tweets and call rant are unacceptable. He can disagree, but there is a fine line between articulating your reasoning and just lash out with memes.

I got it! He's taking his millions from the sale of his real estate to buy more TSLA stock, but he wants a better price before Battery Day.
See, 4D chess!
  • Elon musk announced Friday that he's selling "almost all" his physical belongings.
  • The billionaire Tesla CEO tweeted that he "will own no house." He currently owns at least seven houses worth over $100 million total.
  • Musk also used Twitter to continue to rail against government shutdowns amid COVID-19, and added that he thinks the stock price of Tesla is "too high," which appeared to trigger a selloff Friday morning.

Ok, so you should know better as should everyone else that Elon does not cater to short term investors or day traders. In fact, he pretty much despises them as much as the shorts. You’ve been warned several times in the past right from the horse’s mouth. Anyone who decides to not heed his warning deserves what they get.

I am laughing. Yes, I am. But I can find the funny in pretty much every situation. What’s funny here is people losing their minds because a) they haven’t really any idea what or who they’ve invested in as a whole, but they think they do, and b) they’re trying to make a quick buck on short term investing and trading, which the CEO openly does NOT support, but they think they can outsmart the market and the guy with the megaphone. And it’s funny because I can always count on Elon throwing gasoline on a bonfire just when you think you sit back and enjoy a margarita.

Buy and hold, peeps. Real easy. No stress.

My short term moves are much more often green than red and I use those gains to buy more long term TSLA to, in the end, buy more Tesla products.

Don't meow me bro.