Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the ride-hailing FSD conversation could take place in the FSD forum?

Genuine question. Is this thread to discuss Elons tweets then and nothing else? It's hard to see any one question more important to the investing value of Tesla than FSD.

Seems like as soon as there is more than five posts about anything in particular a bunch of people get up in arms about it no matter what. At the same time some posters make a huge number of posts that have no relevance at all in between their valuable posts.

Genuine question. Is this thread to discuss Elons tweets then and nothing else? It's hard to see any one question more important to the investing value of Tesla than FSD.

Seems like as soon as there is more than five posts about anything in particular a bunch of people get up in arms about it no matter what. At the same time some posters make a huge number of posts that have no relevance at all in between their valuable posts.
Detailed technical discussion with back and forth featuring deep statistical analysis should move to an appropriate thread elsewhere.

Two people debating one topic in detail derails this already trainwreck of a thread.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough the 900c 05/22 open interest increased to 8K. I don't know if traders/gamblers are expecting the volume to pick up if and when the TeraTexas announcement is made.

In terms of unusual option activity apparently there was a 1 million option trade(around 1000 940C contracts at 1.10 each) towards market close. It might have been a hedge so who knows. Just sharing information.

Interesting info on the Options trading. That's possibly related to this rumor:

Jeff Evanson on Twitter: "Telsa $TSLA could become the world’s most valuable car company this week. Congratulations to the entire Tesla team." | Twitter

Same pattern today. Shocker! Reminds me of 2018...and 2017...and...

Some guy in a fund: "Sold a good chunk at opening...yeah, that's a nice steep slope downward. Think those weak longs have sold yet?

Some other guy in the fund: "Not yet. Sell a little more. Yeah. Nice steep slope there. OK, now wait a bit, then buy it all back."

Some guy in a fund: "Retail investors...what suckers."

Tesla presentation on VPP and Autobidder - how it all works..
This is the most interesting presentation I have seen since the original Hornsdale.
Although this was very, very high level conceptual architecture the impact of carefully selected linguistic and functional functions yielded enormous scalability, reliability and resilience. They make the assertion that making their own hardware was a crucial factor, just as it has proven to be with Autopilot.

Logically this makes me think that the genuine moat of Tesla is shared with SpaceX and the other Musk-defined organizations is quite different than any we have been discussing. We speak of battery longevity and energy density, Supercharger networks, reusable rocket components and clever continuous updates. The more mechanically included marvel over new materials and gigantic castings of BIW pieces.
Those are all marvels, but they are results of the moat, not the moat itself.

The moat is not even the ability of Musk-led firms to attract the brightest and most excited people, nearly all of whom are obsessively wanting to learn new things. It is, rather, the ability to get such people to actually work together. That produces magic and perpetuates magic. That also allows Tesla, SpaceX et al to openly share their patents and describe their approach. Virtually nobody can actually do that.

Side effects include rapid turnover due to burnout, for collaboration is intensely compelling, so much so that all other parts of life fade in importance. Elon Musk has kept several organizations simultaneously producing so many major innovations that we rarely attempt to even list them all.

In the early 1980's I spent several years in an organization that was devoted to that thesis. It was a magical time, but burnt itself off because of lack of magical leadership. Still, every major accomplishment of my life came from that weak effort. What we did was usually arcane, rarely publicly visible and almost never attributable. On the other hand, the results had lasting consequences for major parts of the world. A few years from now many invisible Musk alumni will persist in being thrilled that they actually changed the world for the better. Most of them will, as I did, sacrifice financially to do that. Probably most of them will, as I did, discover to our amazement that we end out becoming quite well off financially as a side benefit.

For me, I shall invest an allegedly unhealthy part of my assets in Tesla, SpaceX, Starlink, The Boring Company and others, as they become available one way or another.

Interesting info on the Options trading. That's possibly related to this rumor:

Jeff Evanson on Twitter: "Telsa $TSLA could become the world’s most valuable car company this week. Congratulations to the entire Tesla team." | Twitter
Seriously?

Jeff is just noticing the growing SP and expects TSLA to overtake TM by end of week. Nothing else. Why would anyone thing there's more to that story? Why would a former VP let his followers do insider trading based in on a tweet like that. You guys really should stop with all the insinuation (about permanent market manipulations, 4D chess plays, tweets with multiple hidden meanings, etc).

Seriously?

Jeff is just noticing the growing SP and expects TSLA to overtake TM by end of week. Nothing else. Why would anyone thing there's more to that story? Why would a former VP let his followers do insider trading based in on a tweet like that. You guys really should stop with all the insinuation (about permanent market manipulations, 4D chess plays, tweets with multiple hidden meanings, etc).

ephiphany - Why did I leave this company :)

This is the most interesting presentation I have seen since the original Hornsdale.
Although this was very, very high level conceptual architecture the impact of carefully selected linguistic and functional functions yielded enormous scalability, reliability and resilience.
Agreed. The fact they're essentially "advertising" this is a major turning point IMO. I follow a lot of Caribbean grids and can say with near certainty all island markets will be interested in this. Grid defection to solar+storage is rampant and accelerating, untenable band-aid measures will be failing permanently within months/years. This is the solution and should bring costs down by half.

All that being said.......can we keep at least 1(ONE!) public relations/speaker on staff to do these? Elon's sputtering presentations are already the max I can handle from crazy engineers.

Craig Johnson is a managing director and technical strategist at Piper Sandler (formerly Piper Jaffray). He was a regular guest of mine on my old TV show, and still sends me his newsletters. In early 2013 he recommended TSLA, which led to my first purchases. His colleague Alexander Potter has a BUY rating on TSLA with a $939 price target. Below is what Craig published this morning:
  • Tesla Inc (TSLA - $813.63); Shares have confirmed support off a prior breakout level and reversed a ST downtrend; above the rising 10-/30-week WMAs; RS is confirming the bullish price action and notable TechniGrade ranking; add to positions, a retest of the ’20 highs ($917) appears to be underway.