Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I would have assumed a judgement would help clarifying future lockdown orders. Say if Alameda county were to re-issue orders in the coming weeks to close down manufacturing plant that is contradicting federal stay open order of critical infrastructure, what then?

Negative, the suit was about this shutdown only. They had not choice but to drop the case as it would have gotten tossed on summary judgement. Even a Judge who is an Elon fanboy would recognize that the case is moot; Alameda County blinked, Elon won, so the suit is no longer necessary or with the court's time. (And no, Alameda County would have never been assessed damages for doing their jobs in good faith -- perhaps incompetent, but still in good faith.)

As to the hiring of Quinn....Elon's internal attorneys are mostly Corporate, not litigation. Plus, Quinn can put dozens of litigators, if needed, on the job over the weekend doing research to support the case and make the filing. No way Telsa has that type of resources in-house. Or should they.

https://insideevs.com/news/424185/svolt-cobalt-free-li-ion-battery/amp

This is my concern... Someone else developing great battery tech

Ummmmm you're worried about no name companies with no track record making claims that are unverified beating Tesla on specs and time to production? Tesla has invested billions into R&D into developing the most advanced batteries. This the same crap that no name auto makers do when they announce a electric car with magically better specs than Tesla's.

No you should be happy when someone has a break through because Tesla will be all over it and then partner up to improve the chemistry and help it scale beyond what the company that came out with the break through is capable with. Just like what they are doing with all their cell manufacturers.

Tesla doesn't really care who has what when it comes to batteries. They are the master of utilizing these batteries through software and hardware on a mega scale no one else can. If solid state comes out tomorrow, Tesla will knock on their doors and build a gigafactory just to build a few million of them to power everything in a years time. No other car manufacturers can match this because they don't have such utility for such breakthrough besides compliance cars.

My concern is not that others will have great battery tech, but that Tesla is perceived as a "me too" when finally announcing their million mile battery tech.

The longer they postpone Battery Day, the less newsworthy the announcement. From a PR perspective, this is not what you want. The media will look at the announcement and compare to what has already been announced by others like SVolt and GM.

Come on Tesla! Get it out already!

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
Hey guys, I feel like it's only fair that I give you guys this heads up and warning..but I'm going to be announcing my own battery company and tomorrow we're going show off slides of a 10 million mile battery. It's gonna blow your mind. Consider Elon's thunder from Battery DAY stolen!

And before any of you try to ask me details or show proof, remember I have just as much credibility as GM & SVolt :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I feel like it's only fair that I give you guys this heads up and warning..but I'm going to be announcing my own battery company and tomorrow we're going show off slides of a 10 million mile battery. It's gonna blow your mind. Consider Elon's thunder from Battery DAY stolen!

And before any of you try to ask me details or show proof, remember I have just as much credibility as GM & SVolt :rolleyes:

Thats all? Tesla already launched a 150 million mile battery 2 years ago Where is Starman? Track Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster in Space! · Where is Starman?

The longer they postpone Battery Day, the less newsworthy the announcement.

While I also want to see Battery Day ASAP, these delays mean we are more likely to see what is revealed be production ready and perhaps available for purchase.

It should also be apparent that Tesla has a complete and comprehensive end-to-end solution, and a product road-map.

V2G on Model 3 debunked

Not really debunked yet:
I have a board from 2018 Model 3

Even that "Fred's" paper is from August 2018. And he also said "if these were transistors instead of diodes, it could work".
It would be nice if people did not pretend Model 3 from 2017 to be the same as Model 3 from 2020 ...

Not really debunked yet:

Even that "Fred's" paper is from August 2018. And he also said "if these were transistors instead of diodes, it could work".
It would be nice if people did not pretend Model 3 from 2017 to be the same as Model 3 from 2020 ...

In the latest TesaDaily podcast Rob mentions that Munro thought the board out of the Model Y might be capable of V2G, Munro reached out to Tesla and they confirmed it. We all know Rob is a trustworthy source, so keep an open mind at this stage.

EDIT:: Listened again Tesla only confirmed bi-directional charging, possibly allows V2G, but does not confirm V2G.

Last edited: