Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-7-1_16-38-43.png

Well, good morning.

I thought it was just guys who did this.

So much for threatening California with leaving.

1) Can still leave
2) Whatever it takes to get the desired result
3) The County was being ridiculous and STILL the slowest county to reopen on all metrics - indeed has now stopped moving forward
4) They can’t leave tomorrow, so in the meantime they must continue to do what they need to do, including a small expansion to move forward
5) I can keep going with the list if you’re slow to get the point

TSLA has always traded on sentiment and probably always will at this sort of valuation. Sentiment is inherently fragile. But if you sell, then you have only yourself to blame afterwards. This train might fly off the tracks and crash in fiery wrecks from time to time but then you just hit the Reset button and try again. No matter how many times this train crashes, all you can do is Live, Die, Repeat until you've found the right solution.

Here's to another 10 years of crashing trains until we arrive at the $10k a Share station.
Nope, I never mentioned selling. I did mention that MM's are STILL in charge when they want...NOT sentiment. MM's can stop and start and drop the stock where they want... they have the power.
I wish sentiment ruled.

So, anyone taking a gamble with 7/2 calls? If Tesla comes out with P&D numbers before the bell tomorrow you could make a killing. If it's after hours: money down the drain.
Yes, I sold a Put that I want to be exercised, and a total of 12 calls that are currently in the money. At some point I will sell enough of them to cover the exercise of the lowest strike ones (@$970), which I will hold for use in The Wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Back on May 3rd I stated my belief was that markets would recoil 50% due to COVID-19 and that this TMC Investors thread was "broken" and took a break from it. I was wrong on both counts, bigly. A believer in Tesla since 2012, Elon's tweets during the shut down rattled me and I thought I could time the dip. My success rate is now one out of six tries.

That's OK! I've long said the human brain and behavior has evolved and refined over the millennia to be exceedingly good at many things but the very adaptations that make it so effective at surviving and reproducing are counter-productive to being a good investor and becoming wealthy. What you have experienced is not unusual, the good thing is you realized it, and accepted it. I think. ;)

I'm not saying there is no point in trying to becoming a better investor, quite the opposite in fact. But the first step is in realizing that over-confidence is the enemy of success and time is your friend.