Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, 'both affordable and luxuious'... sounds like a Tesla Model 3/Y. How appropriate. :)

"All in all, Woodford Reserve is one of the greatest whiskeys in the world and an icon in the world of bourbon. A great value at its price point, which floats around $30 per bottle, Woodford Reserve is both affordable and truly luxurious." Aug 10, 2019
Cheers!
If anyone has a chance, i know its extremely limited and hard to source, but the Suntory Hibiki 17 is a dram to die for. I have been drinking Japanese whisky for the last 15 years, when it was 'easy' to source. Now, it is almost impossible. The Karuizawa line of Japanese whisky is to die for $$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Way O/T but I certainly prefer Scottish Single Malts (Although I do have some Japanese in my collection). I finally opened my Cao lla 25 the other week and it has proven to be quite tasty. I wonder if this discussion warrants its own O/T thread?
TSLA is in record high territory. Indeed, those of you who prefer to discuss whiskey in this TSLA investment thread, please start a separate thread.

Holy cow the stock is going nuts. Will it be overbought by the time the deliveries report comes out tomorrow? Or... is this finally the time the stock goes up? This isn't my first quarterly report. I've been super-excited so many times and then deflated as the stock falls the next day - buying on the anticipation, selling on the news.

Yet again, I can't tell if it will fall, or jump up. Seems like with so much climbing these past few days, though, surely it will take a breather tomorrow.

My one other stock, SQ, has been going nuts lately so the last few weeks have been great for my portfolio
It will have crossed 70 RSI by the end of today.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Lol, 'both affordable and luxuious'... sounds like a Tesla Model 3/Y. How appropriate. :)

"All in all, Woodford Reserve is one of the greatest whiskeys in the world and an icon in the world of bourbon. A great value at its price point, which floats around $30 per bottle, Woodford Reserve is both affordable and truly luxurious." Aug 10, 2019
Cheers!

“In the past, innovation has been really good for this company (Tesla), but I think it might actually be hurting them right now, because where is the incentive to buy one of these vehicles today when you’re always being promised that they’re going to be so much better in six months, in 12 months?” he said. “When that’s the case, you wait. So, this is a stock that has more downside in front of it, in my opinion.”

October 4, 2019

My "information" is more recent than yours! :p

People pimp whiskey just like they pimp stock. I could probably find a glowing review of Pepsi Cola! Now you have me wondering, will Milton's in-cab soda fountain be a Pepsi or a Coke partnership? :confused:

Last edited:
TSLA beating on macros at 4x again today. :D

Shortzes made an ultimately futile move for their -2% dip (which was terminated with extreme prejudice) @ $1,119.00 at 11:35 a.m.

TSLA.chart.2020-07-01.11-35.png

Shortzes may try again during the 'lunch-time lull'. Their notional tgt for a walk-down would be about $1,113.06 or -2% of the intraday high.

Cheers!

See? Even buying in 'late' yesterday morning at $1,000 you're still up over a $100/share. :D

Ain't TSLA amazing?!

EDIT: 4.7M chairs traded by 10:30 ET, SP $1025.31 :cool:

Cheers!
Yep. I’m less pissed at myself. Now, if I hadn’t had the guts to buy in yesterday (25% increase in my position at $1008), well...

Do not think small or you will risk being left behind.

How about just a little smaller? Last time I read these same words, (and I think from you), I bought 2 calls, but now unwinding a bit. SP in either direction is looking good as I'm ready to pounce on the next "real" dip. So not left behind, just balancing for the times. If the market tanks this year, Tesla will get dragged down with it as we've seen many times. And who is going to employ all those people out of work when the $600/wk runs out... Amazon? Not Tesla I can assure you. Uber/Lyft? McDonald's is doing well (and they're hiring, still).

Will the bank stock buying scam continue until Q4? Nobody knows, but pretty sure they're juicing it up ahead of the big drop hoping for something close to pre-covid times (IMO, I doubt that's possible). If it hits, Shares + Cash to buy more could look genius in hindsight. It's a different strategy, but getting there is more certain and direction is everything.

The Tesla automotive story is good and valued well by the market now but still coming is full self driving with validated mile—many companies have software and simulations but tesla has actual miles and real world driving experience. The other paradigm shift that is now coming is that Tesla is a battery manufacturer— pivot shift.

finally slightly related is that pesky SpaceX starlink project, are are they really launching thousands of satellites into space so that someone in a remote village can watch cat YouTube videos? I still think there’s going to be energy transmission. I am now selling tinfoil hats.

How about just a little smaller? Last time I read these same words, (and I think from you), I bought 2 calls, but now unwinding a bit. SP in either direction is looking good as I'm ready to pounce on the next "real" dip. So not left behind, just balancing for the times. If the market tanks this year, Tesla will get dragged down with it as we've seen many times. And who is going to employ all those people out of work when the $600/wk runs out... Amazon? Not Tesla I can assure you. Uber/Lyft? McDonald's is doing well (and they're hiring, still).

Will the bank stock buying scam continue until Q4? Nobody knows, but pretty sure they're juicing it up ahead of the big drop hoping for something close to pre-covid times (IMO, I doubt that's possible). If it hits, Shares + Cash to buy more could look genius in hindsight. It's a different strategy, but getting there is more certain and direction is everything.

You're over-thinking it. By far.

My advice is simple: Buy and hold.