Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla automotive story is good and valued well by the market now but still coming is full self driving with validated mile—many companies have software and simulations but tesla has actual miles and real world driving experience. The other paradigm shift that is now coming is that Tesla is a battery manufacturer— pivot shift.

finally slightly related is that pesky SpaceX starlink project, are are they really launching thousands of satellites into space so that someone in a remote village can watch cat YouTube videos? I still think there’s going to be energy transmission. I am now selling tinfoil hats.
You kid, but when we were traveling by bus south of Cancun a few years ago I was amazed at all the little huts we passed by, most with no windows, but almost all with a visible TV and an antenna on the thatch roof. The demand for affordable (or free) web service in areas like those all around the world will be huge! It has the potential for some very positive results, specifically in education and medicine.

The times they are a changing.

"Added more powder"? That generally means transferring cash into your brokerage account (or selling stock to raise cash). But it looks like you're using it to mean buying more stock?

In any case, I would not be happy taking profit after only10% gain! o_O

upload_2020-7-1_11-48-0.png

Yeah, but not everyone is you, is it? I had a plan, stuck to it and ended my tax advantaged accounts about 9k more than last week, reinvested back into 41 more pieces of the QQQs

One can continue to create wealth staying invested, but also make a quick buck on days of such frenzy, they are mutually exclusive.

Ok, for us ignorant ones- what is 70 RSI?
RSI is an indicator use to gauge whether a stock is being overbought. Over 70 is overbought, under 30 is underbought. To be clear, 70 is danger territory but not overly so for TSLA. The last time it touched 94 was Feb 4 and we all know what happened that day. Problem is if RSI is 70 chances are we'll see more FOMO which pushes it up higher.

Last edited:
Elon is always "working" even when he's socializing. It is good PR to drink an American bourbon rather than a Scottish or Irish whiskey but Woodford Reserve has gone downhill and is very over-priced for it's character which relies heavily on wood tannins.

Almost any single-malt scotch or good Irish whiskey (even at the same price point) offers more. Yes, different drinks but, just sayin'! Elon probably prefers scotch in private 'cause he knows his stuff. :D Well, I can hope...:(

I haven't had a Maker's Mark in over 4 yrs, this is getting me thirsty. So, changing the subject slightly...

I've been enjoying medicinal these days - Hybrids are for newbies, pun intended, but I'm all Sativa here. Just the thought of lighting one up with Elon to discuss any latest evidence of IA Self-Aware Teslas - on my bucket list! I used to want that Joe Rogan moment with Tom Petty, but now it's Elon.

• Love
Reactions: Runarbt and UCF3
So > 90k deliveries and a positive quarter is priced in now.

I don't think it is. I think people are just anticipating a possible positive quarter, and possible S&P inclusion--it's not a full price in yet.

It'll jump again after the P&D report, then drop as "sell the news" happens, then gradual run up to ER, then a frantic leap if it's positive.

My $0.02 :p

So much for threatening California with leaving.
The threat to California leaving isn't about Tesla leaving. It is about Musk moving out of state and depriving the California Tax Board of a few billion dollars when he exercises his stock options.

"Here is an indisputable fact about California taxation: More than two-thirds of state general fund revenues come from personal income taxes and about half of those taxes are paid by the 1% of taxpayers atop the income scale."

www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/29/walters-are-the-wealthy-fleeing-california-taxes

Tesmanian - yesterday: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Split Worth Discussing At Shareholders Meeting 2020, Says Elon Musk

For years here I had been saying that a stock split would be pointless in this era in which there is no extra cost for trading less than a round lot (100 shares). Now there is the matter of fractional share trading at some brokerages, which might add to that argument. However, I just now contacted TD Ameritrade and was told they do not accept orders to buy fractional shares. So perhaps a stock split should be considered to allow novice not-so-wealthy investors to start accumulating now $1100+ shares of TSLA.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm considering buying more because it's at 1017. I already have "enough" but dang.

For years here I had been saying that a stock split would be pointless in this era in which there is no extra cost for trading less than a round lot (100 shares). Now there is the matter of fractional share trading, which might add to that argument. However, I just now contacted TD Ameritrade and was told they do not accept orders to buy fractional shares. So perhaps a stock split should be considered to allow novice not-so-wealthy investors to start accumulating shares of TSLA.

I'd love it for options related reasons.