Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine MAGA crowd all going and buying Teslas starting today ;)
View attachment 568406

Meanwhile, coal-rollers be like

EarsSteam1.jpg

this is flat out untrue. The $600 weekly for unemployed folks is what’s kept the economy afloat with the current unemployment levels. PPP was a badly managed system, but the headlines of abuse don’t even add up to one percent of the total spending. Many, many real businesses were helped by it.

For the cost of CARES you could have literally written every adult in the country a check for ~$8000.

Options flow shows open of a $12.2M premium paid for 1800 Jan 2022 calls

@Krugerrand @lafrisbee This means that someone bet $12.2million on 1800 Jan 2022 calls. It's about $360 right now.. so he probably got it at about $350-$355ish.

This means that he is betting $12.2 million that the price by Jan 2022 will be at least $1800 + $350 = $2150

There was a short discussion about this a few days ago. Morgan Stanley has similar products, named Ava instead of Von from Vontobel. I think Morgan Stanley stopped selling a few days before Vontobel but not certain.

I can only see two reasons for both of them doing this. Either it's regulatory. For some reason it's a product that the regulators are stopping. Or both are worried of a huge SP run up where they couldn't be sure to find the shares to cover all the multipliers we are buying.

Well look at that. Today you can buy them again (at least the Morgan Stanley version). Guess they are no longer worried about the stock taking off into the stratosphere.

For the cost of CARES you could have literally written every adult in the country a check for ~$8000.

I one hundred percent agree, direct consumer support is the way to go and there should’ve been more of it, but small/medium businesses needed support. $8000 doesn’t help them pay rent for three months. They were forced to shut down. Now the big conglomerates that did share buybacks, they should’ve been allowed to die.

I don’t think we disagree on much, but your characterization of CARES as being just a 1200 consolation was not accurate at all. This is too OT now for this thread, so gonna end it here.

You're thinking about now, the really smart guys (no offence) are thinking way ahead...

And Hungary is hardly an example of democracy now, is it :p
I am glad that you find current events in my country amusing - me, not so much. And I am not sure what any of that has to do with energy market regulations.

Others have already quoted lines form the ER call where Elon apparently confirmed this works for Powerwall as well. Great - the call was pretty late and i was half a sleep, probably missed that part. I was only saying it is not as is as just flipping a switch, sending out a SW update and boom, every Powerwall owner is swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck. Just like with FSD they will probably have to go country by country and get regulations adjusted or get a license that covers this case so that this would be legal.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog and wtlloyd
By far the biggest downer about this price action is the fact that I won't have funds to buy with until mid Aug. By then I'm pretty sure this will have already recovered and then be approaching or above $2,000 due to S&P inclusion :oops: Oh well.

If by some reason we're in the 1400-1500 range come mid Aug, I will be adding significantly to my position.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but seems like Tesla will produce it's own batteries in Berlin! Confirmed in local german newspaper this afternoon!

google translated:
Berlin - Elon Musk also plans to produce the battery cells needed for the electric cars manufactured there in the new Europa Gigafactory (GF4) in Grünheide. This was confirmed by the Tesla Group and Brandenburg's Minister of Economic Affairs Jörg Steinbach (SPD) on Friday of this newspaper. "Tesla has started planning for the production of battery cells in Grünheide. The company told us," said Steinbach. "This is great news again. One more step to make Brandenburg the leading energy transition country in Germany and Europe."

Produktion in Brandenburg: Tesla-Werk in Grünheide wird um Batteriefabrik erweitert - Brandenburg - Startseite

Mid-BB is always live, 15s delay, on the chart I linked.

SP bottomed out at $1,366.77 and remained below Mid-BB for a few minutes from about 09:39ish so as of 10:00 ET the SP has recovered over $40

View attachment 568362

Thanks for your - as always - informative posts @Artful Dodger.

Picked up another 10 @ 1375.

Interesting thing happened - I noticed that for the first time ever with TSLA, my order was split into 2 in order to get filled.

Normally when I've bought that many or even higher, I have always seen the order filled as one.

Could this mean that these were likely retail investor stop losses vs MM shares?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
While most on this site have looked at Giga Shanghai and Berlin as the step change to TSLA value, I suspect that a year from now when Giga Texas is showing progress and has a completion date in sight, the rest of the market will reach the point we are at now. Notwithstanding that NV has been operating for years, this Austin facility just feels different in terms of public perception. As noted by a few here already, it's almost as if people are just now realizing TSLA is an American manufacturer.