Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Virtual Power Plant
Colin Breck and Percy Link explore the evolution of Tesla's Virtual Power Plant (VPP) architecture
A VPP is a network of distributed energy-resources (often solar, wind, batteries) that are aggregated to provide smarter and more flexible power generation, distribution, and availability. Tesla's VPP consists of vertically integrated hardware and software, including both cloud and edge computing

Found this presentation a while back. It discusses the architecture of how this whole thing is set up.

I cannot stress the profound significance of this. This will result in the largest wealth transfer of the century. Place your bets wisely.

I really wonder if at some point given the challenges he has had at VW he does not end up working for Tesla. He seems to get it but I think it is more the internal culture at VW than his leadership. Elon and him seem to really respect one another and Diess does not seem like a guy with such a big ego that he would only take a CEO role.

I like Diess and he seems to get it. But I would be very surprised to see him working at Tesla. It's very hard to completely unlearn the culture one came from.

A very successful chef/restaurant owner once hired me at age 25 as the only other cook in the most expensive and smallest restaurant on the ski hill. I had zero experience cooking fine food. She later told me she learned long ago it was easier to train a blank slate from scratch than to re-train someone who thought they already knew how to cook. Diess might "get it" but he has spent his entire career immersed in the wrong corporate culture.

Benzinga – Thinkorswim newsfeed – 9 minutes ago:

Argus Research analyst Bill Selesky upgrades Tesla from Hold to Buy and announces $1888 price target.

But apparently means nothing along with the other two dozen price target raises the last couple of days.

Everything is a made up fake fairytale. Everything.

I don't know about you guys but Elon's pitch to potential employees was solid. I started my career in consulting with wide eyed visions of helping companies improve. Being able to see something stupid, call it out, and get it fixed. LOL, boy was I naïve. Working for Tesla would definitely be very hard, but that part is incredibly enticing.

I really don’t care. Tesla gets so much more out of this. It’s no longer that “other country” California’s car. Texas will give Tesla A LOT of exposure/cred to the other 1/2 of the country. That stupid tweet will now let me go into rural counties and not get nearly as much ire. Just this weekend my wife and I went to the country to view the comet and parked on the side of a rural country road. Three trucks stopped to see if we needed help (or find out what we were doing), but one yelled out “Ha ha, your Tesla ran out of juice!” 100% that guy has seen Trump’s tweet. It couldn’t feel sweeter.

It’s the first and only Trump tweet I will ever “like”.
Agreed. I think he is stupid and incredibly dangerous but moving the US to clean energy is critical to the planet (and my own retirement). I'll take help from the devil if we get it.

Only trying to give more information for members to work with when investing. If you don’t have anything constructive to add and don’t think it helps you, feel free to block me.
Relax. It was meant lightheadedly. AND, he doesn’t know if it’s a positive or negative thing for the SP. Get a sense of humor, maybe?

Q1 report was Aug 29. After hours it went to high 800s. By close Friday it was down to 701 (more than 10% drop). The following week it started climbing again. I might consider buying near the end of trading today.

It's unlikely to unfold in a similar manner. The fundamental situation is not even similar (much broader pool of potential buying pressure now).

Don't overthink it - go with the flow.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It's unlikely to unfold in a similar manner. The fundamental situation is not even similar (much broader pool of potential buying pressure now).

Don't overthink it - go with the flow.
I for one don't like the flow...the current one.
However as a buy and hodl'er...I have no worries.

But man can you imagine the hit to the SP IF Q2 report was a miss!?!:eek::confused::eek:

Here we go.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1286697906536361987?s=21

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 12.21.34 PM.png

He's right about much of the money being diverted to the less than needy.

So, I know someone through someone else who has a small business that has been shutdown all this time. This person applied for some of that stimulus money and got it, even though they don’t need it.

You know what they did with that money they didn't need?

Wait for it....

Invested it all in TSLA. (You can not make this stuff up.)

Last edited:
I guess I did what you did..and didn't give enough information for you to understand what I was posting...
I see people take the least amount of effort possible to "share" information here. And it gets old, real old. Giving YOUR insight when giving some "stuff" that doesn't make sense to most of the people in the world isn't "helpful" except to the few that you think about. And honestly they probably already have access to what you lazily dumped into the thread.
As to needing your permission to block you.... droll at best.
BTW I am NOT giving you permission to block me. (Now does that make as little sense to you as you "freeing" me to block you?
Come on guy, just give us newbies and clueless a little insight as to why you are posting what you post.

If it makes you feel better, I’ve been here a while and I have no clue if what he posted is good or bad. My thought was exactly yours.

Now that either makes you in good company or bad company if I’m stupid. I give you permission to freely choose.

The last stimulus was basically a trillion+ to a bunch of special interests and a $1200 consolation check for everyone else.

this is flat out untrue. The $600 weekly for unemployed folks is what’s kept the economy afloat with the current unemployment levels. PPP was a badly managed system, but the headlines of abuse don’t even add up to one percent of the total spending. Many, many real businesses were helped by it.

So, I know someone through someone else who has a small business that has been shutdown all this time. This person applied for some of that stimulus money and got it, even though they don’t need it.

You know what they did with that money they didn't need?

Wait for it....

Invested it all in TSLA. (You can mot make this stuff up.)

That's because this is all part of a simulation..only explanation that makes any sense.