Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing a lot of active S&P benchmarked fund managers are waiting for Monday when they know there will be a lot of sellers who were deferring for tax reasons. They're all going to be trying to buy at the same time, and on the same day P/D numbers are coming - what a mess. They had the perfect opportunity to buy well below the S&P inclusion price. How do such foolish people come to manage such large amounts of money?

I'm personally hoping Tesla blows out Q4 with 195-200k P/D.........just so I can sit back and watch the ensuing mad dash and chaos that would happen from benchmark fund managers absolutely losing their sh**.

With no heirs and no sensible way to spend it all, I’m starting to have to think real hard where I want it to go. I could have them bury me with it in my Cybertruck on my mountain. Problem is I don’t actually trust anyone to do that unless I’m standing there supervising. Of course, I’d also need them to booby trap my grave. I’m thinking The Mummy kind of stuff. That’d be cool. Or maybe I’ll just leave it to CORPX. Yes. Getting to be a bit of a dilemma.
Wrong mountain. Should have bought an active volcano. Could have FSD drive you into it if there is no post on TMC for a day (or no pulse). Problem solved.

Craig Irwin currently on CNBC regarding Tesla 2021 outlook:
"I don't see any negative for 2021"

For reference, he used to have very similar negative tone as Gordon Johnson in the past. So, looks like he still can learn and improving himself :)

View attachment 622897
The man has 4.8 or so stars. Gordo only has the remaining .2 stars.

I got my brother to invest in TSLA last year. He keeps selling and buying it back.
He tells me I should "lock" in the profit's. It has crossed my mind to take some off the table...but I keep pulling the sell orders as I don't need the cash now...and the SP just keeps sailing past those sell prices.

Last one was 700 (3500)....I said last year if it hit that I would sell some....nope not a chance now..HODL!

Our very smart and wealthy friends/couple sold their TSLA at $250 pre-split. And Square at ~$60. They make their 10-50% profits and move on for whatever reason. They’re of course totally kicking themselves for doing so and still waiting on that dip to buy back in. :rolleyes:

I keep telling them that TSLA will exceed AAPL’s market cap in the not too distant future, but here we are.

We have a $5k/year stock picking bet. Loser buys dinner at EOY. It’s obviously not me. :p

Edit: They used my referral code to order a Model 3 in late 2018 which makes this even more perplexing.

Last edited:
You’re betting TSLA won’t go up by 70% in one year after it went up over 700% in 2020.

I’m not so sure about that

...especially if it tracks similarly to FAANG now that it's in the S&P 500

Loup’s 2021 Tech Predictions | Loup Ventures

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 9.08.44 AM.png

With no heirs and no sensible way to spend it all, I’m starting to have to think real hard where I want it to go. I could have them bury me with it in my Cybertruck on my mountain. Problem is I don’t actually trust anyone to do that unless I’m standing there supervising. Of course, I’d also need them to booby trap my grave. I’m thinking The Mummy kind of stuff. That’d be cool. Or maybe I’ll just leave it to CORPX. Yes. Getting to be a bit of a dilemma.
This sounds like your sort of thing: Someone Found a Buried Treasure Hidden in the Rocky Mountains

Forrest Fenn, a New Mexico art collector who created the treasure hunt, announced over the weekend that someone had found the bronze chest that he had buried in the mountains, filled with gold nuggets, coins, sapphires, diamonds, pre-Columbian artifacts and other items. He has estimated the hoard is worth $2 million.

Of course you'll have to scale it up somewhat.;)

And, to keep it on topic, I imagine that using Teslas as sarcophagi may become popular. Who wouldn't want a good autopilot in the afterlife. Next level!:p Accelerating the advent of sustainable karmic energy.:rolleyes:

It definitely was a great year for Tesla investors.
I wish to thank everybody here for the sharing of all your knowledge and wit.
Tonight I will drink from this special bottle with gratitude for this and will toast to the health of you all.
Have a lovely evening and to reading in this thread with pleasure next year.
Stay safe and healthy!

IMG_5904.JPG

Craig Irwin currently on CNBC regarding Tesla 2021 outlook:
"I don't see any negative for 2021"

For reference, he used to have very similar negative tone as Gordon Johnson in the past. So, looks like he still can learn and improving himself :)

View attachment 622897

Here is the video starting off with Craig Irwin from Roth, but more time later is spent with Tesla bull Emanuel Rosner from Deutsche Bank.

CNBC - half hour ago:

Good morning all! Anything exciting happen while I was sleeping?

/s
790748.jpg

And, to keep it on topic, I imagine that using Teslas as sarcophagi may become popular. Who wouldn't want a good autopilot in the afterlife. Next level!:p Accelerating the advent of sustainable karmic energy.:rolleyes:
Setup a trust and rely on FSD. You could have your Tesla drive your corpse around the country indefinitely. It would go in for service automatically and bill your estate.

In mid-March I was about 10 days from receiving notice of being furloughed (kinda knew it was coming). On March 19, I committed 95% of my portfolio to TSLA at $373. When the furlough became official, I had to maintain a calm exterior because of family. It was rough.

However, TSLA hit $500 within a few weeks and my confidence grew. What a morale boost but the best was yet to come.

It's New Year's Eve and my net worth is over 10x what it was in March. Not only are we financially secure, but with so many people out of sorts and left behind, I have big plans for 2021 and beyond to share anonymously.

Words cannot fully express what I'm feeling. 2020 was a catastrophic year for so many. In our own ways, let's use some of what we have to help those that need it.

Omar did SF to LA FSD with zero interventions.

I hope he didn’t get out of the car when he got there! That UK strain of covid is spreading like wildfire (pardon the pun).

But in all seriousness. I did that same drive recently and the charging infrastructure on I-5 is next level. Kettleman city has a beautiful setup complete with 250kw chargers, beautiful restrooms, and cold brew coffee on tap (that was tesla grade).

Our very smart and wealthy friends/couple sold their TSLA at $250 pre-split. And Square at ~$60. They make their 10-50% profits and move on for whatever reason. They’re of course totally kicking themselves for doing so and still waiting on that dip to buy back in. :rolleyes:

I keep telling them that TSLA will exceed AAPL’s market cap in the not too distant future, but here we are.

We have a $5k/year stock picking bet. Loser buys dinner at EOY. It’s obviously not me. :p

Are you going to pick TSLA again for 2021?

For those that are puzzled by the strong rise today, I can tell that it is a ploy by my government that taxes me based on my wealth at 31 December. Personally I would have been fine with a dip today and today’s action Monday 4. But then, taxes pay for luxuries like UHC, that make it possible that I don’t have to save a ridiculous amount of money in case of sugar hitting fans.

For those that are puzzled by the strong rise today, I can tell that it is a ploy by my government that taxes me based on my wealth at 31 December. Personally I would have been fine with a dip today and today’s action Monday 4. But then, taxes pay for luxuries like UHC, that make it possible that I don’t have to save a ridiculous amount of money in case of sugar hitting fans.

I just want to thank you for taking one for the team. :cool: