Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, let's talk about all that and ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Cause that's not fun to talk about.

FWIW, this is not the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Not remotely.

I write that as someone who pointed out in here a long time ago Tesla will, eventually, need to spend a LOT more $ than they are on both charging locations (hey look, I was right!) -and- service (both on locations/# of rangers, and significant improvement in quality of communication).

That said- even then, my entire point was "This is an EASILY SOLVABLE ISSUE, just requires spending money.

A thing Tesla has tons of now.

So at whatever point they decide they finally can't put that off any longer, they can easily take care of it.

I'm sure folks who'd prefer to be able to directly speak to a human on the phone about service wish they'd do it sooner--- Likewise the folks who still today get told nobody knows where the car they're waiting for delivery on is (despite the car having GPS and LTE in it).... but it's not going to be any sort of significant slower to growth.

It's just another line item on the financials-- that I surely think investors ought to consider is going to cost the company something... but revenues will continue to grow faster than costs even once they begin scaling service appropriately.

So 800 lb gorilla? Not at all.

4680s not being able to ramp as desired? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

Cybertruck manufacturing methods not scaling well enough? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

FSD beta continuing to languish in narrow limited release (potentially needing at least a HW4 for everyone to work), making city streets release even further late? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

Those are all UNSOLVED problems- so potentially of major material impact if Teslas intended solutions don't resolve well.

But improving service? That's a solved problem- it just needs money spent.

FWIW, this is not the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Not remotely.

I write that as someone who pointed out in here a long time ago Tesla will, eventually, need to spend a LOT more $ than they are on both charging locations (hey look, I was right!) -and- service (both on locations/# of rangers, and significant improvement in quality of communication).

That said- even then, my entire point was "This is an EASILY SOLVABLE ISSUE, just requires spending money.

A thing Tesla has tons of now.

So at whatever point they decide they finally can't put that off any longer, they can easily take care of it.

I'm sure folks who'd prefer to be able to directly speak to a human on the phone about service wish they'd do it sooner--- Likewise the folks who still today get told nobody knows where the car they're waiting for delivery on is (despite the car having GPS and LTE in it).... but it's not going to be any sort of significant slower to growth.

It's just another line item on the financials-- that I surely think investors ought to consider is going to cost the company something... but revenues will continue to grow faster than costs even once they begin scaling service appropriately.

So 800 lb gorilla? Not at all.

4680s not being able to ramp as desired? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

Cybertruck manufacturing methods not scaling well enough? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

FSD beta continuing to languish in narrow limited release (potentially needing at least a HW4 for everyone to work), making city streets release even further late? THAT is an 800 lb gorilla we hope gets resolved rapidly.

Those are all UNSOLVED problems- so potentially of major material impact if Teslas intended solutions don't resolve well.

But improving service? That's a solved problem- it just needs money spent.

Damn, you're slick. You took the 800 pound gorilla in the room and used it to point out what you consider to be the 10,000 pound gorilla. And the funny thing is, morons here will love for denying the 800 pound gorilla.

Most of the time, these people hate you, but now that you're the enemy of the enemy, you're their hero.

Human nature - whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:
Because it's uncomfortable for you to talk about. That's the truth.
No that's some weird fantasy you came up with in your head, as you often do. I discuss the service issue repeatedly in the appropriate thread because I do think it's a real problem. You'd know that if you actually took the time to read the appropriate thread instead of cluttering up this one with your bizarre rants.

Last edited:
Damn, you're slick. You took the 800 pound gorilla in the room and used it to point out what you consider to be the 10,000 pound gorilla. And the funny thing is, morons here will love for denying the 800 pound gorilla.
First you disregarded a forum rule. Then you personally attacked anyone who disagreed with your attitude. If this is not valid ground for a ban, I don’t know what is.

Most of the time, these people hate you, but now that you're the enemy of the enemy, you're their hero.

Human nature - whatcha gonna do?
Okay lets talk about it real quick since ban hammer is probably coming.

Instead of looking at a bunch of anecdotes from crybabies on internet forum, go on Google map and type in Tesla service centers. A handful of them are rated lower than 4 stars while the majority falls between 4.3-4.9 stars with an average of 4.5 just eye balling it. This is being as objective as possible on the subject.

Ok. I couldn't help but play devil's advocate for a bit tonight.

Just needed a little assurance that my investment is safe.

Damn you guys are rough on a Sunday night.

Buying more shares tomorrow morning.
Playing devils advocate is not a valid reason to belittle and bully others on this forum. I generally expect more from those who have been here for many years.

Why are so many investment people so scared to talk about Tesla's poor service?

"Let's brush it over there". - oh, thank God, we dont have to address that. Now, let's watch the stock price go up."
I had 10 excellent service experiences going to a Tesla for fixes on my 3 and Y.
0 bad experience.
everytime I go to Tesla service, it gives me more arguments to buy more TSLA shares.

Every time I went to a GM or a Toyota dealership to get my old cars fixed. I had always problems after.

I probably live in your antiverse

Model HoursI had 10 excellent service experiences going to a Tesla for fixes on my 3 and Y.
0 bad experience.
everytime I go to Tesla service, it gives me more arguments to buy more TSLA shares.

Every time I went to a GM or a Toyota dealership to get my old cars fixed. I had always problems after.

I probably live in your antiverse

Yea, i was driving 6 hours to get service on my 2014 Model S in South Georgia before you ever heard of Tesla.

FYI - I've never owned a single GM or Toyota product. Too smart.

Last edited: